[ROM]Fission 2.4 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Here is mine for the time being...

4b524d00-64ef-6b3b.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

v4npro

Reaction score
Question, since theres no SBF file, if I just make a nandroid backup and follow the instructions to install fission 2.4 the worst case situation is to restore the backup via stock recovery?

leobg

Reaction score
Question, since theres no SBF file, if I just make a nandroid backup and follow the instructions to install fission 2.4 the worst case situation is to restore the backup via stock recovery?

No - stock recovery cannot restore your nandroid backup. You have to be able to boot into clockwork recovery to restore the nandroid. If phone is stuck at M logo, getting to clockwork recovery might not be doable. Hence the risk.
Stock recovery will work with only signed images (signed by Motorola). It is used when OTA updates are made for example.

mguel

Reaction score
Great to have android again! Everything worked fine again (since I used vanilla android 2.1 on my previous phone)

Thanks a lot... I didn't like at all the moto GUI and apps... I thought it wasn't that bad (for me at least being used to standard android).

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Updated to 2.4.2 and lost the thirdeye theme but still have it stuck as boot animation. To remove the rom I just reload a nandroid backup prior to fission install? When/do I delete cache and data before or after nandroid restore?

wilboy

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me,the good thing is i have my apps.(thirdeye and the Market w/ new UI)So after installing the 2.4.2,i installed all those 2 apps.too.
Now,restoring your backup,there's no need to wipe your data/cache..you have to wipe it only if your going to update/upgrade your ROM.
NOTE:Every time you need to restote your "backup" (ie:from 2.4.2 --2.3.1 or vice versa)you don't need to wipe.That's my way when restoring my backup! :) :)

pjjameso

Reaction score
Question on FRM. I am currently running Fission 2.4.2 and the battery life is much improved. Wondering what the additional downloads provide vs the clean slate that I have now. For Example what do I gain by installing the following:

Multimedia Package AOSP and Moto for D2G
Multimedia Dock Android and Moto
Gallery Android
WeatherWidget
Market Update

When I insert into the media dock the phone flips to the 'media format' eg time weather etc. so dont understand what the 4 multimedia options above would do.

Just dont want to crap up the phone again since it seem to be lean and mean.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Question on FRM. I am currently running Fission 2.4.2 and the battery life is much improved. Wondering what the additional downloads provide vs the clean slate that I have now. For Example what do I gain by installing the following:

Multimedia Package AOSP and Moto for D2G
Multimedia Dock Android and Moto
Gallery Android
WeatherWidget
Market Update

When I insert into the media dock the phone flips to the 'media format' eg time weather etc. so dont understand what the 4 multimedia options above would do.

Just dont want to crap up the phone again since it seem to be lean and mean.

No need for the market update since 2.4.2 has it in already.

The multimedia options...Moto is all Moto apps for cam, music and gallery and the AOSP apps are the generic androind apps. Same with the Docks...one is Moto and the other is generic Android.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Fission Black Edition

D2G_BE.png

Check FRM for the Black Edition...

I am running launcher pro and curvefish for the toggle widgets...not part of theme.

Some theme music for it [video=youtube;L92dYzBGBHk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L92dYzBGBHk[/video]
[video=youtube;JR5I4n912UQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR5I4n912UQ&feature=related[/video] :D

wilboy

Reaction score
</noscript> </noscript>
Reason why i reinstall the Market update is,installing Thirdeye theme my market (update) went back to it's original interface,dunno why? ;)
I'm still using Thirdeye Theme on 2.4.2 Rom,i like the bootanimation here!Thanks ANGDROID!:):icon_ banana:

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Now,restoring your backup,there's no need to wipe your data/cache..you have to wipe it only if your going to update/upgrade your ROM.
NOTE:Every time you need to restote your "backup" (ie:from 2.4.2 --2.3.1 or vice versa)you don't need to wipe.That's my way when restoring my backup! :) :)
Shortly after posting last night i Forgot to wipe when installing stock rom from frm and got stuck at android bootanimation. So thought it was the perfect time for my first android backup. Simple and effective. Will remember this info for future upgrades

Phan869

Reaction score
2.4 --> 2.4.2

I am curently on 2.4 with the hotffix... I am assuming i can jump to 2.4.2 without wiping cache etc?

thanks