[ROM]Fission 2.4 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am curently on 2.4 with the hotffix... I am assuming i can jump to 2.4.2 without wiping cache etc?

thanks

Yes, should work and you can just use the upgrade file instead of full ROM.

wilboy

Reaction score
I am curently on 2.4 with the hotffix... I am assuming i can jump to 2.4.2 without wiping cache etc?

thanks

Yes, should work and you can just use the upgrade file instead of full ROM.
Really?I don't see any 2.4.2 upgrade.. it's just a full 2.4.2 ROM on my FRM!!??And i didn't see any new Theme here(Black theme)...Oh i know...i have LITE version of FRM.! :D

And THANKS for all the hard works you have done to us!We appreciate it!! ;)

pjjameso

Reaction score
Question on FRM. I am currently running Fission 2.4.2 and the battery life is much improved. Wondering what the additional downloads provide vs the clean slate that I have now. For Example what do I gain by installing the following:

Multimedia Package AOSP and Moto for D2G
Multimedia Dock Android and Moto
Gallery Android
WeatherWidget
Market Update

When I insert into the media dock the phone flips to the 'media format' eg time weather etc. so dont understand what the 4 multimedia options above would do.

Just dont want to crap up the phone again since it seem to be lean and mean.

No need for the market update since 2.4.2 has it in already.

The multimedia options...Moto is all Moto apps for cam, music and gallery and the AOSP apps are the generic androind apps. Same with the Docks...one is Moto and the other is generic Android.

Thanks, but a couple of more questions. I understand the Moto apps for media dock. But with 2.4.2 when I place the D2G in the media dock it is displaying the media dock app, is this not the generic Android Media Dock App? Ditto for the cam, music, gallery apps arent these already the generic Android apps?

Thanks again, Fisssion is such an improvement over the moto blur installation.

bmtbandit

Reaction score
Does this Rom still have the Cooperate Sync and International Ability, or do we need to wait for Fusion to use these features?

wirecutter

Reaction score
Um I don't think that is right? this version has Exchange support and seems to support the GSM radio too. were you looking for something other than those?

bmtbandit

Reaction score
Um I don't think that is right? this version has Exchange support and seems to support the GSM radio too. were you looking for something other than those?

Nope, just want to stay connected to stock exchange client (Cal, Contacts, Email) and have it work as a World phone when out of the US.

wirecutter

Reaction score
You should be fine then. I haven't tried the gsm side but it is supposed to work. exchange works...at least for hotmail anyway.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

bmtbandit

Reaction score
You should be fine then. I haven't tried the gsm side but it is supposed to work. exchange works...at least for hotmail anyway.

Working Great so far. Any way to get 3g Hotspot app back?

Edit: Got it

daltond2g

Reaction score

Working Great so far. Any way to get 3g Hotspot app back?

If you get root you can use wireless tether (free) from the market and avoid extra fees. dancedroid

bmtbandit

Reaction score

bmtbandit

Reaction score
Is there a reason Stage Fright is not enabled? Are there issues with enabling it?

wirecutter

Reaction score
Very nice ROM. Running it for a week or so. I have a couple questions about themes. I can dowloand and swich themes using FRM? There shouldn't be any issues switching themes right? Also are there pics of the themes anywhere? And lastly, if I want to get back to the default Fission look, how do I do that??