[ROM] [ROM] Droid Concepts Froyo Releases [BETA versions]

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol yes, I forgot to mention this in the OP, It was discovered last night after the pre-lim tests went out to select people, and that was the only thing found, so I didn't think it was worth it to scratch another ROM upload and then upload it again. So consider it a flaw because the ROM is *BETA* lol, and consider it fixed for Build 13.. :)

I found a very minor bug, you spelled input wrong on DC Tools. "Extra imput settings"

The music controls look nice!

deal breaker...too bad.. thanks for everything woody ;)

DavidM.

Reaction score
Yes! Init.d!

I signed up for email updates on the site but didn't get an email about the release of 12. Did you send one?

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
nope not for build 12, sorry something we keep random, and it doesn't always go out to the full listing, just depends, but since 12 wasn't on the mailing list 13 will be, it will either go out to all mailing list early or select just depends

Yes! Init.d!

I signed up for email updates on the site but didn't get an email about the release of 12. Did you send one?

captdroid

Reaction score
Woodyman and team thanks for the update! Tried downloading using ROM manager per your OP comment "
One New Thing, with ROM Mananger providing download/rating stats for the listed ROMs, please download the Droid Concepts ROMs via RomMananger if you can, and rate/comment on them, please and thank you... :)"

Receive a download error "ROM Download Error, Droid concepts Build 12: Corrupt zip file. Just a heads up. I will download from the link instead.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol yes, I forgot to mention this in the OP, It was discovered last night after the pre-lim tests went out to select people, and that was the only thing found, so I didn't think it was worth it to scratch another ROM upload and then upload it again. So consider it a flaw because the ROM is *BETA* lol, and consider it fixed for Build 13.. :)

I found a very minor bug, you spelled input wrong on DC Tools. "Extra imput settings"

The music controls look nice!

deal breaker...too bad.. thanks for everything woody ;)

Lol

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Yeah I was trying something new with the rom manifest for RM. should be good to go now, although it just tells you to go to Before You Download - Droid Concepts for build 12

Woodyman and team thanks for the update! Tried downloading using ROM manager per your OP comment "
One New Thing, with ROM Mananger providing download/rating stats for the listed ROMs, please download the Droid Concepts ROMs via RomMananger if you can, and rate/comment on them, please and thank you... :)"

Receive a download error "ROM Download Error, Droid concepts Build 12: Corrupt zip file. Just a heads up. I will download from the link instead.

Agrajag

Reaction score
Doh, no mention of LED's which you suggested would make 12.

I can still hang in that LED app is okay but it's buggy itself.

ROM Manager reports Corrupt Zip. (I see that you want us to go to the site but didn't expect the error)

Last edited:
OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Yeah trying to focus RM to the site for this release as you all see when u click for build 12.

I'm sorry about the LED I forgot man completly slipped my mind, I had a lot going on and when I finally got into doing the ROM for build 12 I forgot, but I got music controls in. Ill make sure LED is in 13 for you, may even release a 12.5 with LED stuff built in

Doh, no mention of LED's which you suggested would make 12.

I can still hang in that LED app is okay but it's buggy itself.

ROM Manager reports Corrupt Zip. (I see that you want us to go to the site but didn't expect the error)

Sent from my Droid 3

Agrajag

Reaction score
I'm sorry about the LED I forgot man completly slipped my mind, I had a lot going on and when I finally got into doing the ROM for build 12 I forgot, but I got music controls in. Ill make sure LED is in 13 for you, may even release a 12.5 with LED stuff built in

You're doing us all the favor so don't sweat it. I'll also be donating shortly. Wife has me on total restriction for a bit as we just laid out a fortune for house renovations and the argument isn't worth it. <grin>

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Also just to give everyone a heads up in the OP under optional zips I posted a file for the D1 dock and sounds if you wish for them.. :)

Sent from my Droid 3

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Lol sorry about that one man, but like stated donation is not requried but is much appreciated from all who do. Half of all money we raise is actually going back to the community in the forum of givaways, so the more we can get the more we can give, our way of saying thank you for sending us a donation.

This is an Android community first right here.. :)
Giving half of our donation back to our loyal users!

You're doing us all the favor so don't sweat it. I'll also be donating shortly. Wife has me on total restriction for a bit as we just laid out a fortune for house renovations and the argument isn't worth it.

Sent from my Droid 3

captdroid

Reaction score
Hey thanks for pointing this out, I will make sure I add these .ogg files into the vendor so it overlays and gets put into the ROM by default now, thanks man. :)

you even saved me time finding the files.. :p

Noticed in DC11 when docking and undocking there was no sound even though I had the option turned on under system dock settings. A log cat showed errors indicating unable to load the sound files dock.ogg and undock.ogg. So I downloaded each from the links below and put them in /system/media/audio/ui/ setting permissions same as the other sound files.

undock sound file: Undock.ogg
dock sound file: Dock.ogg

Docking and undocking sound works fine now.

Just a heads up, these sound files also missing in build 12. No big deal I just copied them back in :)

I would love to see built into the ROM... LED notification color control, and display dimming control for different light levels since the display uses the most battery.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ozzie

Reaction score
Yup...those would be sweet additions for sure...
It's great to see development continuing here. I'll be certain to kick in a little something to help support those that support us!

captdroid

Reaction score
Changlog for DC12 says init.d support. But I don't see a folder /system/etc/init.d Should the folder already be there or must it be created to work?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've been working on porting themes to build 12. I have 3 done and will be doing more. Keep a look out for them tomorrow!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums