1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Public BETA teaser

Discussion in 'Droid Concepts' started by woodyman, Feb 5, 2011.

1. woodyman

woodyman New Member Developer

The first public BETA build of the new era of the Droid Concepts ROM.

This ROM marks the beginning of something new and exciting for all of us on the Team. We are pleased to be publicly announcing what we have been anticipating and waiting for for a long time. We have been hard at work, and we really appreciate everyone's understanding and support over the past few months. For now I will get to the point with the links and what not that you all want to try so bad. The Thank You's are short for now because this is not an official release build, just wanted to give you guys something so no one goes crazy waiting.

Google Apps are NOT included either of these builds and the themed version listed below should ONLY be installed after flashing the stock ROM AND Google Apps.

[​IMG]

CHECK IT OUT HERE

The link posted above will take you directly to the downloads

Please also take a second if you could to visit our site and/or forum and we'd love to see you guys register over there as well. The link for our site can be found in my signature, and you can find a link to our forum and source by clicking on the appropriate tab on our site. Thank you and I hope you all enjoy this build.. :)
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  2. TMYINC

TMYINC New Member

Now this is exciting! Thanks woodyman!
  3. woodyman

no problem man, glad to have something new for you all to try out before we go with our final build..

waiting on the feedback to try and get some improvements..

:)
  4. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

i think im gonna try to flash this on my DX it looks so good.

wish me luck!

:icon_ poke:
  5. TMYINC

TMYINC New Member

I've definitely been waiting for an update for you. Your roms have always ran so smooth on my phone!
  6. garrett

garrett New Member Theme Developer Developer

If anyone wants those reflection icons that i was using in those screenshots they can be downloaded here. there are 120 in total

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/at...enshots-peoples-droid-desktops-reflection.zip

I take no credit in making these but i dont know who to give credit to since i dont know where they came from. If anyone knows the source of these please let me know so i can give credit where its due.

[​IMG]

and here is the wallpaper being used in the screenshot.
    [​IMG]
  7. TMYINC

TMYINC New Member

Sweet! Thanks Garrett. Good timing too cause I was just thinking about asking where you guys got them lol.
  8. TMYINC

TMYINC New Member

Hey quick question. Is the kernel that comes with this rom the one that is compatible the the Milestone Overclocking app that was modified by Prime?
  9. garrett

that im not sure about but it does work with the built in overclocking app within the rom and it also works with setCPU.
  10. [ L ]

[ L ] New Member

This is cool. Maybe Ill try this on my extra D1 to see if I like.
    Want me to add it to my list of roms? PM me, plz.
  11. TMYINC

TMYINC New Member

Im thinking it is the stock CM kernel so I think it does. It's and awesome and stable kernel. Pretty much the only one I use. Rom is running great btw. Definitely fast and stable for a BETA. Looking forward to see more from you guys! Thanks again!
  12. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator Staff Member

Abe, tell me you're kidding. The two phones (D1 and DX) are very different and I don't think you CAN install a D1 rom on a DX. :icon_eek:

-Mike
  13. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs New Member

I bet dollars to donuts he ain't kidding.
    This is starting to become a trend.
    I have been on different ROM OG forums and each has had an X or Inc trying to flash an OG ROM.
    I guess reading has become way out of fashion.
  14. KeithR

KeithR New Member

it just goes to show you that with the time, people forgot or just don't learn what's actually going on behind the screen and just follow a pre-made process. in my opinion, it ruins the whole concept behind modding.
  15. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator Staff Member

DWB, the poster was Abe21599 - he's a Moderator for the DX side, as well as being on the Rescue Squad. I'm sure (if he was serious, and not joking) that the installation was an informed choice. I was just reacting - like, "You've GOT to be kidding" - to his flat statement that he was going to install a D1 rom onto a DX. He probably knows a lot more about that sort of thing than me, but I jusy wonder if it was a good move.

-Mike
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  16. woodyman

lol, i understand what you guys are saying about people not paying attention, but i know abe and ran a site together, me and him go back to when the droid first came out, i know he knows what he is doing and was only kidding, so no worries about abe... lol
  17. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs New Member

OK my bad
    I mistook him for Abraham, Arnold's goldfish from Different Strokes, and he didn't know much about the OG.
    If he was joking, I really dig his sense of humor and if he was serious than good luck on something that I can't even wrap my head around.
  18. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer Developer

Woodyman

Glad to see you back. sorry hadnt seen this thread.
    Ill have to go over to your site and see whats new. :)
    Thanks for the help in getting the rom going and the reboot to recovery stuff.
    Glad to see your back in the game . but man build for the x or something how can i compete with the teacher :)

im taking this is gingerbread?
  19. leonozug

leonozug New Member

Just flashed this beta version, wiped everything, including data, cache, and then partitioned boot, system, data and cache, just to make sure it was wiped throughly. Installed everything, got it up and running. The transition effects are awesome, and the Elegant steel theme is sweet. Unfortunately I got reboots in succession and had to nandroid back, but soon as this is out in it's final form I'm definitely flashing it. What I seen was enough to make me really look forward to the completed version!!
  20. garrett

i ran into some of the same issues when i was working on the elegant steel theme and it ended up being a kernel issues.

load up another kernel and you should be golden.... im running P3 ULV 1250 and its been fine.