[ROM] [ROM] Droid Concepts Froyo Releases [BETA versions]

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Camera issue, it would take the pictures but nothing shows up just black pictures. What's the deal?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

ntrddragn

Reaction score
It worked before but recently it's not working

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

This happens to me sometimes. Seems to be either heat or built up cache. If I force close it, it works fine.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

schellbl

Reaction score
I'm assuming everyone is on the newest baseband?

C_01.43.01P

I've been without a signal 77% of the time according to cell standby, also at 13%. My phone is HORRIBLE in terms of signal. Drops calls often too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I'm on PRL version 52363 and baseband is C_01.43.01P.... How do you update the PRL version? Never intentionally messed with it..

djakrse

Reaction score
*228, option 2 to update your PRL

I've had the latest baseband for some time, but also never have messed with the PRL. What is the meaning / purpose of the PRL?

EDIT: I'm running PRL 52299 and see that's somewhere in the middle of those mentioned by others. I've noticed on some occasions I've lost 3G for short periods of time, for no reason. Thus has been happening for a few months now. Is updating the PRL resolving this sort of issue for anyone?

Last edited:

mjones73

Reaction score
PRL is the preferred roaming list. It updates the preferred networks for when you're in roaming areas. My guess is the number will vary depending on your location.

djakrse

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I'm never roaming so I guess that won't help me.

listenman20

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I'm never roaming so I guess that won't help me.

even if you're not roaming...they sometimes updates towers in your area. It's usually good to update your PRL. techs suggest dialing *228 about once every 3 months. the # usually designates which version you are on....i've seen it differentiate for different phones but not for areas. used to do manual PRL updates on the Razrs.

cfclark

Reaction score

(About the camera not working)

This has happened to me both when I had the phone at stock and with a couple of different ROMs--I don't think it's a DC issue. Seems to happen when the phone gets hot, as someone else mentioned.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
this is a good point, I've had it happen on numerous builds before, nothing regular though, and I've only had it happen on the recent builds once, which was build 04, before that i didn't see since my SD days.. seems like an issue with the camera app itself rather than any specific ROM or anything like that.

(About the camera not working)

This has happened to me both when I had the phone at stock and with a couple of different ROMs--I don't think it's a DC issue. Seems to happen when the phone gets hot, as someone else mentioned.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Thanks. Never had an issue before that's why I asked. And my phone temp is 70 f so I don't think it's that. At least for me. Could be my sd card.

chabuku

Reaction score
I can't wait for Build 12, I am hoping it helps revive my Droid for a little longer so I can hold out for either the GSII or Bionic...

My screen has begun to go all crazy on me and not work sometimes (usually when really humid). It'll press buttons on weird spots or do multitouch stuff when I am only touching in one spot or just simply not accept any touch input what-so-ever.

Don't want any of the high-end phones right now... Love my Droid! I still would like to use it as a media player when I get the new phone if it still works! Has anyone built a cut-back ROM for this use yet? =)