[ROM] [ROM] Droid Concepts Froyo Releases [BETA versions]

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Ok, well with a new release of the rom, comes a new thread. However, I will not be making a new thread for each one. Instead I will be listing the release date, and a link for that release below. Soon I will post the the release guidelines that I've been trying to figure out, and I just about have the plans for the direction of Droid Concepts all figured out. So be on the lookout for that.

Current Build Notes [12]
==================================================
> Galaxy Widget now disappears after a reboot, if you choose not to use it
> init.d support has been added to the ROM
> Option to use lockscreen music controls
> Option to always display lockscreen music controls
> Music controls should work with all apps, [pandora, google music, stock music, etc.]

One New Thing, with ROM Mananger providing download/rating stats for the listed ROMs, please download the Droid Concepts ROMs via RomMananger if you can, and rate/comment on them, please and thank you... :)

Droid Concepts Froyo Builds
> 4/8/11 - Froyo Build 02 - HERE - Thanks to Xeudoxus for helping with getting all the text colors. :)
> 4/10/11 - Froyo Build 03 - HERE - Thanks to MisterE for the boot animation help :)
> 4/15/11 - Froyo Build 04 - HERE
> 4/22/11 - Froyo Build 05 - HERE - Please Download via RomMananger, and rate/comment the ROM PLEASE!!
> 4/25/11 - Froyo Build 06 - HERE
> 5/4/11 - Froyo Build 07 - HERE
> 5/11/11 - Froyo Build 08 - HERE
> 5/13/11 - Froyo Build 09 - HERE - Thanks to CVPCS for the help with permissions
> 6/6/11 - Froyo Build 10 - HERE
> 7/2/11 - Froyo Build 11 -HERE
> 7/29/11 - Froyo Build 12 - HERE

Google Apps - For all of the Droid Concepts Froyo Builds
> Google Apps - HERE
> YouTube, Maps, and StreetView have been removed, please download them via the Android Market
> https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.youtube
> https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.street
> https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.apps.maps

In order for themed markets to work you must load them over a stock market after install and a reboot. You have to establish the stock market working first... then boot into recovery and flash the themed market... flash rom, flash gapps, reboot..... then reboot into recovery and flash themed market... hope this helps..
> Blacked Out Market - HERE

Optional Zips - For all of the Droid Concepts Froyo Builds
Dock Zip Includes:
> Original D1 Dock, AND alarm clock app
> Dock sounds for docking and undocking
*REMEMBER IF YOU FLASH THIS YOU WILL HAVE 2 ALARM CLOCK APPS, THEY ARE SEPARATE JUST A WARNING*

> Dock Zip - HERE

App zip Includes:
> HoneyComb Music Player
> Microbes Live Wallpaper [Looks/Runs A LOT better on Froyo then on GingerBread]
> Sony Launcher
> Have an App you think would make a great addition? Let us know, we may add it!

> Optional Apps - HERE

Supported Kernels [Working]
> Stock Kernel
> DC Kernels Located at link - HERE

Current DC kernels are based on V3 of CorCor67's kernel, the new DC kernel is still under some development and we don't want to rush that perfection, Buy you will love these!!

Install Order
> ROM
> Google Apps
> Optional Apps/Kernel
> REBOOT! BEFORE CONTINUING TO FLASHING THEMED MARKET!
> Themed Market

Explanation if you care to read:
When you install the ROM it will wipe your /system and kernel from the phone so if you install Google Apps or the kernel first you will lose it when you install the ROM. So because of this the ROM must be first. Google Apps is listed as second because you need them if you regular release type of android build, without them you will not have the market to download and install apps, so because it is a 'must' it is listed as second. The kernel/Optional Apps is an addition, and therefore is listed last, so please follow this order when installing any Droid Concepts ROM.
Thank You.. :)

Droid Concepts Recommended Apps
> Go SMS Pro
> Chrome To Phone
> Pandora Radio
> SMS Backup and Restore
> StumbleUpon
> Widgetsoid2.x
> Swype

Please view DC-CHANGELOG and DC-CREDITS located in /system/etc
or in settings>about ROM
A lot of great people contribute and help me with this project, and I
want to thank them all.

Please Click HERE to view the CREDITS list

If you would like to follow the progress of the Droid Concepts Settings App
then you follow it on GitHub at the link below. The reason I am
open sourcing this app so early is so that everyone can see that I am
building this from the ground up, and not simply using 'CMParts' and
re-doing it. You will be able to follow all the steps in the project so
there will be no question of whether or not it is 'CMParts' based.

Droid Concepts Settings - HERE

Last edited by a moderator:

Icculus760

Reaction score
awww, titanium still isn't recognizing root even after trying to install busybox via TB. also, am i missing the DC-specific settings or isn't there on? besides that, nice & smooth & like the font!

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
awww, titanium still isn't recognizing root even after trying to install busybox via TB. also, am i missing the DC-specific settings or isn't there on? besides that, nice & smooth & like the font!

Yeah root is being really weird, it should download the binary and you should be able to manually apply the update zip in recovery to get it to work, but something is wrong with that zip when it is downloaded, i will fix it in the next build, i meant to but i completly forgot until you just mentioned it.. also just realized i need to add the newer market to this, but i may keep this one, and post an optional zip with the new one.. also dc settings isn't done yet so its not included yet.. and just to squash this bug before it comes, i am not simply copying CMParts or cyanogens settings, and this rom will not have all those settings at once, I am building a new settings app from scratch specifically for the Droid Concepts Series of ROMs. so it will be slow, but I will have an initial version in the ROMs soon, it will not have many options, but its built from the ground up, or as i like to say on twitter......

"Self-made, you just affiliated. I built it ground up, you bought it renovated."

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Good stuff! downloaded and will give it a go in the morning! thanks woody

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
so if you have a root update zip already flash that, or you can download one in from rom mananger under downloads then click on extras, and download the superuser for froyo, and flash that manually in recovery, and root will be restored, im sorry about that, it completely slipped my mind, i was to concerned with getting all the text color changes, and then i also forgot to change some, like the downloads notifications color.. so as you can tell, theres a lot going on in my head, and a lot of projects for this ROM, and its hard to keep it all staight on my own.. lol

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't have time tonight but I will test it out tomorrow too.

For anyone wondering if you should test this out, this answer is yes. I have used many of the Rom's Woody and his team developed in the past and they were all awesome on my phone. So give it a try and don't be shy. Yes that was a rhyme, step off me. But seriously, give it a try.

Icculus760

Reaction score
Glad to hear the non-root thing was ROM-related (meh - it's not like having root is important :p) and VERY glad to see you're working on your own non-CM/Cyan additional settings!

I've been a big fan of your work for a while and will gladly keep flashing your DC betas and trying to poke holes in it to help you out! :)

Last edited:

jev

Reaction score
I really want to give this a shot, but the market isn't showing up. The vending.apk is in the google apps.zip and I can see it when I mount my phone to my laptop through 7zip but it's not showing up on my phone. I've tried re-downloading the google apps to no avail. Any ideas?

swallisa

Reaction score
anybody having trouble with wifi or did I break something fixing? wifi shows error when turned on with most kernels only one that doen't is a chevy 1.25 GB kernel it allows wifi to toggle on but will not make connection.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Just updated to Build 03..

Please re-read the OP, specifically for the build notes on this new build, I will update the notes with each new build and remove the previous builds notes. So be sure to check it out. :) Also check out the Optional Apps Zip, HoneyComb Music Player and microbes live wallpaper, with more apps coming soon.. :)

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
anybody having trouble with wifi or did I break something fixing? wifi shows error when turned on with most kernels only one that doen't is a chevy 1.25 GB kernel it allows wifi to toggle on but will not make connection.

I have only tested the stock kernel and I know wi-fi works, I have not tried other kernels yet, and I dont plan on doing that until I get closer to releasing a final build. So as of now the only kernel supported is stock.

======================
NOTE TO EVERYONE
======================
if you change the kernel do not post bugs, unless you are positive that they are there on the stock kernel as well, meaning check don't guess. I will add supported kernels as we get closer to a release, and as I find time to test, If you find a kernel that works and doesn't present any issues to the overall quality of the ROM/Build, then please let me know and I will start a list of *Working Kernels*

Thanks. :)

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I really want to give this a shot, but the market isn't showing up. The vending.apk is in the google apps.zip and I can see it when I mount my phone to my laptop through 7zip but it's not showing up on my phone. I've tried re-downloading the google apps to no avail. Any ideas?

Thats very odd, I have not seen this happen to myself or head any else mention it. I wish I could help more, I would suggest updating to the new build, and if you still have that problem, then wipe your phone a few times, install the ROM, then Google Apps, then wipe one more time and reboot.

Let me know if you keep having this problem