Droid Concepts GingerBread

djakrse

Reaction score
It's a lot more time than most people imagine, and its not bad if thats what you do for a living like most of the CyanogenMod team. For us who have to work or go to school most of the day we can't focus solely on this.. Families or girlfriends on top of full time jobs/school and trying to do this is rough this is why we [Droid Concepts] have been lagging lately. I wish I could provide more updates and what not but its hard, so thanks for your support.a:)

I will have to start over on a froyo release because I no longer have the source code for that, but its defiantly possible froyo didn't have nearly as many issues as GB did with the Droid so its very likely I can do a froyo build as well..

I can do some basic theming I guess I'm not to bad at that, but for refining my ideas I usually always get help and thats usually where the finished product comes from, I have a great team and know a lot of great people who help a lot.. :)

I am a collge student studying Pre-Med, BioChem so this doesn't have much an effect on my future career wise, so everything that i've done is purely out of hobby and fun and because I enjoy it.. Thanks again man.. It means a lot when we get positive feedback and praise.. :)
Dr. Woodyman, that has a nice ring to it, glad to hear!

I wasn't aware that CM had professionals involved, but I guess it makes sense with the nightly builds and all. The best work always comes from volunteers and those who work at something they love, so it's no wonder you guys do such good work.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I would love to develop for more than just the Droid, and one other device, that I will not disclose yet, but just so you know it is a T-Mobile device, again once I finalize and drop release plans it will all make sense, sorry i just dont want to give things away prematurely.. lol..

as for the Thunderbolt, if it is possible and I can get one than i would be more than willing/happy to support and develop for the device, but from what i understand HTC has that bootloader locked down, so as of now i dont think anyone is developing until the bootloader can be unlocked/cracked.. :)

so if anyone would like to contribute to a device fund the link is in my sig, or if you would just like to show some thanks, I am a college student and I dont have the cash flow to go out and buy every new device, like CM can.. or some of the other devs..

ronaldramsayii; said:
Sounds good to me. Will you be developing on the Thunderbolt?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

QUAGMIRE

Reaction score
i rather think it is funny that people non affiliated to CyanogenMod complain when someone uses cm source. none the less it is still AOSP with cm layover/additions....
lets just think of it this way if team CyanogenMod had a problem with it they would have made their source private. as long as proper thanx are given team cyanogen doesnt usually have a problem.

next you can take AOSP and add all the bells and whistles following commits the eventual outcome will still result in cm just manually done there is 2 styles of roms stock and modded 9 out of 10 times source came from cm. or someone took the time to follow AOSP commit by commit {which was provided by cm}. the only other rom to venture away from the "TYPICAL" rom is "MIUI"

as far as petes rom formerly known as bugless beast died to me middle of froyo..-:)

i wanna know where they feel they was singled out in this comment
pretty much all of the more stable gingerbread roms are built on the cyanogen core. Chevy No1, liquid, and Ultimate Droid just to name a few are all based off cyanogen.

im sure theres more but this is all i can think of off the top of my head.
<~~i dont see pe in there anywhere --Matter fact a lot of truth to the statement....!!

Reaction score
Can't wait for the the build without the theme manager. Ready to get some themes going. I don't know about others, but I prefer ROMs without the theme managers LOL.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums