[ROM] [ROM] Droid Concepts Froyo Releases [BETA versions]

djakrse

Reaction score
I didn't want to say anything until I had a few days of observation, but I can now say switching back to Chevy's 5/31 kernel has made a big difference for me on a couple of issues. I've been using CorCor's
'250-1000_LV_DC' kernel (posted in this thread, but not the DC beta) which initially brought me cooler temps and possibly better battery, but I've come to realize it was at the cost of snapiness and possibly stability. Most importantly, I've used wireless at home for a couple of days now without losing connection once. The wireless issue for me has existed all along (only with home network), so I don't suspect it's completely gone. I don't think it got any worse after switching to CorCor's kernel, but it definitely has been amplified the last couple of weeks, having to rely on it.

Here's what I've noticed since switching back to Chevy's kernel:

• I haven't had to reconnect WiFi once. That's unusual, even since before I switched away from this kernel. I've messed with router settings too, but I can't explain the night/day difference.
  • Possibly related, my market has quit FC-ing every 30 min or so. I thought maybe it was due to my internet cutting out while it was trying to check for updates or something, who knows. The lack of FC is a plus.
  • When texting, upon incoming messages, my keyboard doesn't freeze. I continue typing as the message comes in.
  • This is even more unexpected, I'm saving on battery. With my 3g issues, I've been leaving WiFi on when at home and work (pretty much always) and leaving the toggling to Juice Defender. With CorCor, battery was worse than before I lost 3G. I think toggling WiFi might use more battery than 3G, but I've definitely been wasting more having to manually toggle WiFi just to restore my connection every 5-15 minutes I'm using it. No more toggling, and battery is quite good again.
That's pretty much it. Maybe trying a different kernel is worth it to those having issues like us. I was very happy with CorCor's kernel, but I am most pleased to be back with Chevy's kernel.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
im pretty this has been asked in this thread but i dont want to go thru 1800 post to find it. :) how can i delete/move all the apps? i just want msg,navi,maps,gmail,gchat,browser..etc..just a few of the most important apps that i use the most. everything can go. thanks

listenman20

Reaction score
im pretty this has been asked in this thread but i dont want to go thru 1800 post to find it. :) how can i delete/move all the apps? i just want msg,navi,maps,gmail,gchat,browser..etc..just a few of the most important apps that i use the most. everything can go. thanks

You can use a file explorer such as root explorer to remove any apps you don't think you need or you can use winrar or 7zip on your pc to remove those apps before flashing....

Taco

Reaction score
How'd they resolve it? I'll give them a call, I just don't have much hope.

Like otter, I tried updating towers, secondary towers, multiple times, at home and office. While my phone and my wife's non-rooted d1 haven't had identical coverage, I've never (knowingly) lost 3g for more than 15-30 minutes. She's not having any issues either. Not that any of that is proof it's just my phone, but it drives my assumptions.

Sent from my Tapatalk-using Droid

I was told in my situation that my phone was pulling from a tower near the edge of my range even after calling *228 option 2 several times from work, home, random places etc. Even though there was a working tower a few miles from my house, the reps I spoke with told me that a tower a ways away that was broken was giving me my issue. A week or so after my angry phone calll the issue resolved. Their explanation makes no sense seeing how far away the tower in question was, but it is resolved now.

I hope your 3g issue resolves, I know how much of a headache it is ... I had no wifi and 3g was my internet for a while.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

djakrse

Reaction score
I was told in my situation that my phone was pulling from a tower near the edge of my range even after calling *228 option 2 several times from work, home, random places etc. Even though there was a working tower a few miles from my house, the reps I spoke with told me that a tower a ways away that was broken was giving me my issue. A week or so after my angry phone calll the issue resolved. Their explanation makes no sense seeing how far away the tower in question was, but it is resolved now.

I hope your 3g issue resolves, I know how much of a headache it is ... I had no wifi and 3g was my internet for a while.
Wow, I decided to check up on DC while waiting at eye dr and after reading your post I *228 from there and boom, 3g! It's less than 2 mi from where I work, but apparently far enough to make a difference. I've tried several times this week to update from work and got nothing. I'm just glad to see my hardware hasn't failed. Upgrade is still a couple of months away and I haven't decided on which phone I want. 1x has been killing me; fail on txt send, dual txt rcvd from everybody, if I even get them. Hopefully the tower issue in my area will resolve itself soon. It's just weird my wife hasn't had any problems. She probably blames root for my troubles. :D

otter34

Reaction score
I'm on version 10 and I'm happy w/ that. I don't want to update to 12. Can somebody please tell me how to turn off the rom manager notification that tells me there is a new rom to download? It pops up about 5x/day

mjones73

Reaction score
Dumb question but why wouldn't you want to upgrade?

Just wild guess but I just looked and I'd have to go with Rom Manager, Menu, Settings, Uncheck Update Notifications..

otter34

Reaction score
Dumb question but why wouldn't you want to upgrade?

Just wild guess but I just looked and I'd have to go with Rom Manager, Menu, Settings, Uncheck Update Notifications..

Thanks. I stupidly didn't think to look at rom manager settings.

I had problems with version 12 so I went back to 10

shawner47

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with Email accounts suddenly being lost? Twice within the past week my Exchange account has been lost and I've had to re-add it. This seems to happen following a reboot. It doesn't happen after every reboot, as I reboot almost daily, but like I said, twice in the last week. I am lost as to why this could be.

ArXane

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with Email accounts suddenly being lost? Twice within the past week my Exchange account has been lost and I've had to re-add it. This seems to happen following a reboot. It doesn't happen after every reboot, as I reboot almost daily, but like I said, twice in the last week. I am lost as to why this could be.

I also have 2 exchange accounts, but this have never happened to me. Ive ran about all of DC's ROMS up to 11. 12 gave me all sorts of fits, but nothing to do with exchange.

shawner47

Reaction score
I also have 2 exchange accounts, but this have never happened to me. Ive ran about all of DC's ROMS up to 11. 12 gave me all sorts of fits, but nothing to do with exchange.

The strange thing is that I've been running DC12 for a while now and this just started happening recently. I'm wondering if I need to wipe dalvik or something. Not sure how that would matter, but I'm willing to try anything to not have to set up that stupid account anymore. LOL

1quickv6

Reaction score
Thanks. I stupidly didn't think to look at rom manager settings.

I had problems with version 12 so I went back to 10

Thanks for pointing that out. I also had troubles with 12 so went back to 11. I never thought about disabling the ROM Manager's notification.

undroid

Reaction score
Anyone using the default theme? If so can you see your 3G icon?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score