[ROM][3.9.2011] Superclean 2.9 EA15/EB01/EB16 Based

k rock

Reaction score
Thanks. I booted into red recovery and I enabled lag fix in voodoo, so I think it is all set now. It will be nice when there is over clock kernels for this.

Just remember once you flash a voodoo kernel you can't just flash a non voodoo kernel over it. Make sure you do a bunch of reading on how to do it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I booted into red recovery and I enabled lag fix in voodoo, so I think it is all set now. It will be nice when there is over clock kernels for this.

Just remember once you flash a voodoo kernel you can't just flash a non voodoo kernel over it. Make sure you do a bunch of reading on how to do it.

Sorry I am new to fascinate. And it is a little different than the doing things on the d1.

So I rooted with this method http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html and used this tar image EB16SC29_DXC.tar

Does this give me Super Clean 2.9 with the Voodoo kernel already? When I booted into red recovery I saw the voodoo menu. Does the voodoo kernel improve speed? Also if I want to install another Rom can I do it through Red recovery, or does it only support certain Roms? sorry for all the questions.

Jamis0n

Reaction score

Sorry I am new to fascinate. And it is a little different than the doing things on the d1.

So I rooted with this method http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html and used this tar image EB16SC29_DXC.tar

Does this give me Super Clean 2.9 with the Voodoo kernel already? When I booted into red recovery I saw the voodoo menu. Does the voodoo kernel improve speed? Also if I want to install another Rom can I do it through Red recovery, or does it only support certain Roms? sorry for all the questions.

2.9 has voodoo.

Red cwm supports both NV and V. If you had the lady Droid talking after you rebootes you have voodoo or if you do quadrant benchmark you will be seeing 1500 score. If you see 1k then its nonvoodoo.

There is a bit of a difference because it runs faster being ext4.

You do want to disable laggix when you flash a new version for NV but I disable for voodoo just to be safe.

sc 2.9v
midnight theme

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you!:) I have flashed the Voodoo kernel and got the lady droid and my quadrant is much faster now. I think I will stick where I am at for a bit now. SC 2.9 runs well. I will do my homework before going onto anything else.

ziggy484

Reaction score
Does flashing 2.9 automatically put you on voodoo?

Sent from my rooted Froyo Fascinate

k rock

Reaction score

No, there's two versions in the odin walk throughs, voodoo and nonvoodoo. You can flash a voodoo kernel if you're already running 2.9. Just be sure not to flash a non voodoo kernel over a voodoo kernel.

Sent from my superfrankenclean nitroHC Fascinate

Jamis0n

Reaction score

No, there's two versions in the odin walk throughs, voodoo and nonvoodoo. You can flash a voodoo kernel if you're already running 2.9. Just be sure not to flash a non voodoo kernel over a voodoo kernel.

And use quadrant to double check... ill post the instructions on how to disable.

sc 2.9v
midnight theme

Jamis0n

Reaction score
props to tats_06

HOW TO: Flash Voodoo Kernels and more... <LOOK HERE FIRST - Android Forums

from this link^^^

HOW TO DISABLE VOODOO LAGFIX
1. Use Astro File Manager or Root Explorer app...open the app
2. Navigate to sdcard/Voodoo folder
3. Create a new blank FILE named disable_lagfix....NOT A FOLDER
4. Reboot phone
IMPROTANT: THIS BOOT WILL TAKE EVEN LONGER THAN THE INSTALLATION OF VOODOO KERNEL BOOT...AGAIN, WAIT IT OUT!!!!! DO NOT PULL BATTERY.

dr bud

Reaction score
I am running 2.8sc.I don't think my cwr is right though.when I reboot to apply update zip I don't change to red recovery.i get error messages saying failed, no file signature, and aborted, or something like that.Everything seems to work ok but I would like to get this part working right so I can flash in cwrm.Want to go to 2.9 next.Thanks

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I am running 2.8sc.I don't think my cwr is right though.when I reboot to apply update zip I don't change to red recovery.i get error messages saying failed, no file signature, and aborted, or something like that.Everything seems to work ok but I would like to get this part working right so I can flash in cwrm.Want to go to 2.9 next.Thanks

If I wake up early enough ill give you links to everything....

So you apply update zip in blue cw and it doesn't work?

sc 2.9v
honeycomb theme

dr bud

Reaction score
recovery

When i go into recovery (blue)and try to apply update.zip it comes back as
E.failed to open /sdcard/update.zip(No such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aboted
That's the message i always get.I went from 2.6 to 2.8 and phone says sc 2.8 and seems to be working fine.i want to go to 2.9 next.I had the update zip in my astro file,don't know if i moved it right to the root of the sd card since i never saw anything that said "root of sd card".Thanks alot.i read through these posts over and over and seem to be the only one who can't figure this out.Thanks
Bud

k rock

Reaction score
When i go into recovery (blue)and try to apply update.zip it comes back as
E.failed to open /sdcard/update.zip(No such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aboted
That's the message i always get.I went from 2.6 to 2.8 and phone says sc 2.8 and seems to be working fine.i want to go to 2.9 next.I had the update zip in my astro file,don't know if i moved it right to the root of the sd card since i never saw anything that said "root of sd card".Thanks alot.i read through these posts over and over and seem to be the only one who can't figure this out.Thanks
Bud

If you find the current update.zip delete it and put this one there. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OLKZRCE9
That's the update.zip file.

ziggy484

Reaction score

No there isn't voodoo and non voodoo of 2.9 for odin, not in the thread here anyway. for all other versions there are, but for 2.9 there is only wipe and no wipe.

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
How do you get the woman to talk during the boot animation? My system volume was completely up and I didn't hear anything.. I'm trying to get it to do it on voodoo.

Sent from my DarkREVENGE v1.0 NitroDark v2.3 Froyo EB01 SCH-I500 using DroidForums App