[ROM][3.9.2011] Superclean 2.9 EA15/EB01/EB16 Based

jds125

Reaction score
I am successfully running 2.9 thanks to the instructions found in this thread. I would like to apply the 2.9.1 patch but wanted to know if it's the same process as before or if I need to do something different. Thanks in advance.

jr313

Reaction score
Yes its the same process I upgraded a lil while ago with no problem

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

k rock

Reaction score
Trying out now...just got my fascinate about 2 days ago and have it in beast mode (rooted) does the honeycomb theme work with build also?

TransBlueHoneyCMB is very good with 2.9.1. It's what I'm running.

Regular Honeycomb has 2.8 Framework still I believe.

NitroComb works as that's what others had stated. Just doesn't have the updated music controls for the lock screen yet.

Last edited:

k rock

Reaction score
GPS MOD

Faster locks and closer.

If you want to add that to the first page. Adryn included it in the 2.9.1 patch, but for those who don't want the patch can just flash this through CWM Red.

Markmm24

Reaction score
To update to the patch do I need to do a cache and dalvik cache wipe before I install it?

Sent from my SC 2.6 Rooted phone

virtaclesmile

Reaction score
I has just about had it with eb01. Me thinks me going back to 2.1-1. These sleep of deaths are killing me. I could go days without it, then, have a day where it happens 2-3 times. I've actually been on a phone call when it happened. weird right? I've tried voodoo and non voodoo and it doesn't seem to work either way

Jeffsasse

Reaction score
Maybe this is a stupid question, but I have not seen an answer to it on the forums. What is the difference between voodoo and non voodoo? How do I know if I have it our not?

k rock

Reaction score
Maybe this is a stupid question, but I have not seen an answer to it on the forums. What is the difference between voodoo and non voodoo? How do I know if I have it our not?

Voodoo is a kernel replacement. Our phones use a proprietary RFS file system built as a legacy FAT, adding indexing and POSIX permission on the internal 2gb SD card. There is nothing wrong with RFS, but it’s slow. From what I understand it indexes everything. This takes time, causing lag. Voodoo reformats the internal SD card with standard Linux EXT4. EXT4 is a faster. This filing system is what is reffered to as the lag fix.

Jeffsasse

Reaction score
So would my sd card need to be formatted and lose all data?

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Internal not removable drive. The memory that's locked in the phone. Your SD card is a slave drive.

sc 2.9v
midnight theme

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
So can one install the voodoo version rom over non voodoo 2.9.1 without wiping data and cache first? Or is it necessary to do so first? also do any eb01 themes work with sc 2.9?

Sent from my fascinate

bizzshow

Reaction score
If your installing 2.9 you should be fine voodoo will backup everything first but it would wipe cache and dalvick cache

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I booted into red recovery and I enabled lag fix in voodoo, so I think it is all set now. It will be nice when there is over clock kernels for this.