Report your ICS on Razr experience here.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
You can, just swipe them left or right to dismiss.

I think stang64 is talking about long pressing on the home screen in order to add widgets, not the home button that brings up the recent apps menu.

I like Ics on my Razr so far. One thing I don't like is that long pressing on a home page brings up menu for wallpaper only and not to add apps or shortcuts like GB. Am I right or wrong?

You're correct. Long pressing on the home screen is just for changing wallpaper with the ICS update. Now you add apps and widgets to your home screens from the app drawer. When you open the app drawer, you'll see Widgets listed at the very top. Tap on that to see your widgets. To add either to a home screen, just long press and then place.

Tracey4

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
I think stang64 is talking about long pressing on the home screen in order to add widgets, not the home button that brings up the recent apps menu.

You're correct. Long pressing on the home screen is just for changing wallpaper with the ICS update. Now you add apps and widgets to your home screens from the app drawer. When you open the app drawer, you'll see Widgets listed at the very top. Tap on that to see your widgets. To add either to a home screen, just long press and then place.

I was quoting lvkcutie about the dismissing of notifications.

OutInTheSticks

Reaction score
I got the ICS push on Saturday afternoon. On Friday, I emailed VZW from my online account asking for it, and got the push within minutes of their emailed response. May have been coincidence, I don't know.

The one immense improvement on it is that the phone no longer feels like it's a box of lit matches when it's in my pocket. It runs noticeably cooler with exactly the same apps on it.

Other things (in no particular order)
  1. I like the fact that the menu button from the home screen brings up the entire selection of system settings, so they're not buried 2-3 levels deep any longer.
  2. I use the Forest live wallpaper, which brings up the weather on a double click on the desktop. I noticed last night that the weather part (visual) works when it rained, but the double tap no longer brings up the weather. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, how have you been able to fix it?
  3. The levels on the 3g/4g are (generally) lower than what they were. What had been full bars on 3g in exactly the same location is now about 3 bars now. I have not noticed any drop in signal though.
  4. On a reboot, I keep getting a response for Permission Requested. I have no idea what app this is for, and when I click it it goes away. However, once I reboot, it's back again. Have rebooted several times & keep getting this notice. I'm guessing it's a synch issue, but not sure what account. All google accounts seem to work okay. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
  5. Network speed is a blazing difference. On 3g only, before ICS - 1296kbps down, 161kbps up, 190ms ping. On 3g, after ICS - in exactly the same physical location - 1730kbps down, 241kbps up, 158ms ping. This is in addition to the item noted in #3 above.
The above is not conclusive, as I've not tested everything yet. However, the initial assessment is that it's at least - if not better - than what was promised.

SC

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I was quoting lvkcutie about the dismissing of notifications.

Strange, when I hit the reply, there was no quote in your post, so it looked like you were referring to the post above yours. You must have fixed that before I finished my post. :biggrin:

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I too use the forest live wallpaper for the single tap (temp) and double tap weather function, it's working on mine.
Not as creative as some home screens but useful. Also, IF you use the analog clock widget also you can tap that and go right to Alarm function. Nice touch.

OutInTheSticks

Reaction score
I too use the forest live wallpaper for the single tap (temp) and double tap weather function, it's working on mine.
Not as creative as some home screens but useful. Also, IF you use the analog clock widget also you can tap that and go right to Alarm function. Nice touch.

I've been able to get it to work finally.

I simply switched the Live wallpaper to something else & then changed it back to the Forest Live Wallpaper. Once I did that, all the single/double click stuff started working.

subsynth

Reaction score
I got ICS Thursday Night / Friday Morning just after midnight.

I like the visual look, but my performance has been somewhat lackluster.

Less Battery, assuming due to forced 4g, I haven't tried the workaround yet.

Calendar only syncs some of my events, past events no longer show up. I can go back to late May, and everything else before that won't show up on the phone, it's still there on the web...

I got a SIM Card Error , no service yesterday. Powered off, removed the card and put it back in and it was fine.

My AutomateIt rules for changing volumes when plugging in a headset don't work anymore. (that may be the app, not the OS)

Wifi constantly looses connections, reconnects.

A Lot of weirdness for sure, gonna do a factory reset after work today I guess...

majp89

Reaction score
I noticed games don't run as well anymore (like Temple Run, it is ridiculously laggy.) Also, now the camera is starting to appear pixelated.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I noticed games don't run as well anymore (like Temple Run, it is ridiculously laggy.) Also, now the camera is starting to appear pixelated.

I have noticed that DrawSomething is a little laggy for me now, we just have to give the developers time with the new OS so they can release and update I would imagine and it will solve any issues.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score

Have you done a reboot? Temple Run seems fine on mine and the camera is improved in my opinion from GB.

buscms

Reaction score
Is there a way to uninstall ics and reinstall without a reset and losing my data? Im getting constant messages saying processes and /or the app store has failed

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
buscms said:
Is there a way to uninstall ics and reinstall without a reset and losing my data? Im getting constant messages saying processes and /or the app store has failed

It would be just as easy for you to fix problems with ICS by doing a factory data reset. You can back up your applications and data before the fdr by using My Backup Pro (there is a free version) and SMS Backup & Restore to save your texts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

buscms

Reaction score
Forgive me im not very active in messing with my phone. Will they save everything such as apps, contacts bookmarks, calendar dates etc...?

buscms

Reaction score
PS im not rooted