Two days and my battery life experience after ICS

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I dunno. Talking battery life on Razrs and Maxxs reminds me of when we used to discuss MPG on lifted Jeeps.
One guy saw no effect the next guy claimed he was losing half - never any rhyme or reason.

It all depends how the phone is set up. EVERYTHING in the phone uses battery. Some apps use more battery than other apps. I turn off everything in my phone that might eat battery. I don't use wifi or GPS or anything else unless I need it. I have my phone underclocked, and I set it up to use less CPU as the battery gets to different levels. It has been off the charger for 4 hours now, I have been on the internet, posted pics to Facebook, been on Twitter, and made several phone calls and I am still above 80%. It's all in how it's set up. :)

pico1

Reaction score

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Right on both counts :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

pico1

Reaction score
Right on both counts :)

Thanks! Any easy way to disable background data with Wifi? Used to be able to now I can't.

helron

Reaction score
I agree. CMDA and/or LTE option SHOULD be readily DISPLAYED. My family members arent techies, and deserve better options. They don't need global displayed! Come on...how many RAZR users travel aound the globe! If they do, is the average 2 weeks, compared to the rest of us who need CMDA at home!

pico1

Reaction score
I agree. CMDA and/or LTE option SHOULD be readily DISPLAYED. My family members arent techies, and deserve better options. They don't need global displayed! Come on...how many RAZR users travel aound the globe! If they do, is the average 2 weeks, compared to the rest of us who need CMDA at home!

I think Verizon is doing this so people can get off 3G networks and/or blow their data caps... for the un-tech savvy great way to screw more $ out of them...

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
It all depends how the phone is set up. EVERYTHING in the phone uses battery. Some apps use more battery than other apps. I turn off everything in my phone that might eat battery. I don't use wifi or GPS or anything else unless I need it. I have my phone underclocked, and I set it up to use less CPU as the battery gets to different levels. It has been off the charger for 4 hours now, I have been on the internet, posted pics to Facebook, been on Twitter, and made several phone calls and I am still above 80%. It's all in how it's set up. :)

It sounds like a trick set-up, a lot to ask but would love to see that spelled out for us "Battery impaired". An idea for the "Professor" maybe with consulting help.....it would be cool to have access to a "Battery Sticky" with like 1 or 2 (or 3) Min/Med/Max Battery Saving set-ups.
Much of what you mentioned, I (and I hazard to say most) are unaware of such "tweaks".

I know a couple tricks, I cringe to think where I would be without those.

Moto claims 21 hours of talk time....if I just let my phone sit I might see 21 hours.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It sounds like a trick set-up, a lot to ask but would love to see that spelled out for us "Battery impaired". An idea for the "Professor" maybe with consulting help.....it would be cool to have access to a "Battery Sticky" with like 1 or 2 (or 3) Min/Med/Max Battery Saving set-ups.
Much of what you mentioned, I (and I hazard to say most) are unaware of such "tweaks".

I know a couple tricks, I cringe to think where I would be without those.

Moto claims 21 hours of talk time....if I just let my phone sit I might see 21 hours.

My phone is rooted though ... that's where the SetCPU app comes in. But the rest of the setup can be done on any phone, rooted or not.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm happy so far with my battery ... and this is with phone calls, Facebook, Twitter, weather radar and news checks, and 2 Youtube videos while waiting for my girlfriend to call on her lunch break. :biggrin:

helron

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why my battery stat shows PHONE IDLE @49%
Is it because it was fully charged before going to bed last night.

ricks

Reaction score
I don't live in a 4G area. The closest one is about 15-20 miles away. I think I need a switch to turn off 4G. I hope someone makes it soon. For now, I want to see what "Global" will do to my battery.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't live in a 4G area. The closest one is about 15-20 miles away. I think I need a switch to turn off 4G. I hope someone makes it soon. For now, I want to see what "Global" will do to my battery.

There's an app that will turn off 4g, its called lte on off in the play store.