Radio trouble after failing to update to ICS

neverused

Reaction score
I tried to update my RAZR Maxx last night to ICS, but it didn't work. After resetting everything, turning it off, then on a couple times, and swearing at it, the phone came back on at GB. Unfortunately, now it only picks up a 3G signal even though I live in an area with a strong LTE coverage. I have already checked the settings and I am set to CDMA/LTE, but have yet to pick it up. Do you have any suggestions?

This occurred after trying to wipe the cache/ load the OTA from SD as well as after using "Razr Utility 1.7" first so I don't know what else I should try.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you're back to stock, try a fdr...

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
N

neverused

Reaction score
Do you mind if I ask what fdr is? I was also told to fastboot .181, but I do not know how to do that either...

OP
N

neverused

Reaction score
Oh ok, thought so. I tried that last night and it didn't seem to help. I've seen reference to the wrong baseband, but I don't know how to correct that.

Can anyone help with correcting the wrong baseband to 4G?

hrhandiej

Reaction score
This happened to me, too. I have tried using RSD to revert to 3 different stock ROMS with no luck. A factory reset does not fix this. The LTE is gone and the IMEI shows as unknown. It causes a break in the ICS install, as well as breaks OTA updates.

I'm going to keep trying to fix this, but I've done everything under the sun to make this work and it's killing me.

Again, tried every available Fastboot file, constant cache clearing, resets, and Matt's utilities...Thoughts?

PS: I've even tried breaking up the ROMS to pull the radio.img and just flash those from each file. No luck.

jch81

Reaction score
This happened to me, too. I have tried using RSD to revert to 3 different stock ROMS with no luck. A factory reset does not fix this. The LTE is gone and the IMEI shows as unknown. It causes a break in the ICS install, as well as breaks OTA updates.

I'm going to keep trying to fix this, but I've done everything under the sun to make this work and it's killing me.

Again, tried every available Fastboot file, constant cache clearing, resets, and Matt's utilities...Thoughts?

PS: I've even tried breaking up the ROMS to pull the radio.img and just flash those from each file. No luck.

A real petty thing to try, but you could try removing the 4g sim card in the phone turning it on and see what happens and then try putting it back in and starting it again to see if there is any change.

chief4336

Reaction score
jch81 said:
A real petty thing to try, but you could try removing the 4g sim card in the phone turning it on and see what happens and then try putting it back in and starting it again to see if there is any change.

+1

Even try getting a new sim from Verizon.

hrhandiej

Reaction score
Thank you! I tried the card...if not, I'll go to VZ tomorrow and test a new card. :)