Report your ICS on Razr experience here.

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by coolbreeze704, Jun 23, 2012.

1. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

No, but I have had the speedtest app FC on me a few times. A reboot or hard reset fixes it.
  2. Beckeramos

Beckeramos New Member

Having an interesting issue with battery charging. When I charge with phone off the battery voltage goes to 4264...when I charge it with phone on the battery voltage goes to 4354. Anyone else notice this?
  3. Horch it

Horch it Member

Hello all, My max is approx 13 days old. Has anyone reported speaker phone clipping on maximum volume? If i turn the volume down a notch it doesn't clip. This happens intermittently on gb and now on ics. It doesn't do it with music or other media, just the human voice over speaker. Full fdr b4 & after update. Sounds odd I know. TIA, Mo
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  4. maxtorque

maxtorque New Member

I noticed the same speakerphone issue before and after the upgrade.
    Since the upgrade I've noticed numerous text entry glitches. Most involve spell checking on the fly and punctuation. If I tap on a word above the keys as the last word and double space it no longer adds the period. I have to back space once then double space. Very annoying. It's not as quick to offer correct words.
  5. maxtorque

maxtorque New Member

I've also noticed very inconsistent Wi-Fi signal strength. Before the upgrade I had a full strength signal everywhere in the house. Now I can stand 5 feet from the wireless router and get a single bar. All my other systems have a full signal.
    At times I have to turn it off and rely on 4G - full signal.
  6. Lkvcutie

Lkvcutie New Member

You know what that has happened to me once but it was weird i wasn't even on you tube when that message popped up i was doing something totally different.
  7. maxtorque

maxtorque New Member

I think I figured out the weak Wi-Fi issue. My battery saver Smart Action was turning off the radio, but when it would re-enable it the signal was weak. Turning the Wi-Fi off then back on has repeatedly fixed the problem. Very annoying and not a problem before the upgrade to ICS.
  8. WETLAYED

WETLAYED New Member

Today has been weird as far as battery life.. At work today i listened to some music using the google player for about three hours and noticed that my battery level was down to thirty percent and the phone was extremely hot!

What was disturbing was the back cover of phone popped off some how. So i let the phone charge all the way to full battery and now the battery seems to be doing better.

My question is should i be concerned and call for a replacement? I got my phone back in February. Any input on this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  9. William_04_x

William_04_x Member

Your battery must've swelled up during that charge cycle. I would be concerned if it were mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
  10. WETLAYED

WETLAYED New Member

Yea that's what I'm afraid of.. I'm gonna see how it does the next few days.

11. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

Make them give you a new one, the clnr are more like clusedr's lol.

12. jaybogg

jaybogg Member

I personally don't have any of the Wi'Fi or LTE issues (knock on wood), but I found your work-around interesting. I've seen people here reporting Wi-Fi issues, I'd be curious if they are turning off the radio, through smart actions or otherwise and if they got similar results. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  13. silverdreams

silverdreams New Member

You said the cover popped off, can you see if the battery itself is bloated/swollen? The cover should NEVER just "pop off." I have taken apart a RAZR, and the cover is on there pretty tightly, I had to use a screwdriver to pry it off (damaging the cover in the process, lol). If the structural integrity of the battery has been compromised, you need to take care of it, pronto, before it starts a fire. I would take it right to Verizon, they will probably be able to dispose of it safely, and of course they will have seen that it was defective and start the process of getting you a replacement phone. Turn it off in the meantime!! :icon_eek:
  14. WETLAYED

WETLAYED New Member

Well the cover popped off on the left side of the phone, i didnt check and see if the battery was swollen. All i did was pop the back cover back on and let it charge back to full battery! Wow i didn't know it could be a fire hazard lol

15. WETLAYED

WETLAYED New Member

I guess it does have structural damage because i can pop the back cover off with my fingernail :eek:

16. MattyP

MattyP Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

I'd get that phone back to Big Red in a hurry :eek:
  17. WETLAYED

WETLAYED New Member

I just got back from Verizon and they said they had to do a test charge and i had to leave it there for three hours to see if there is a defect with the battey, they told me to come back tomorrow and they will tell me the deal is.
  18. rjeatkrconley

rjeatkrconley New Member

There is an update for smart actions. One of the bug fixes is making sure wifi switches on and off correctly. Hope this helps!!
  19. Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom New Member

Not sure if this has been covered but I just noticed my volume controls only my ringer volume, not the notification volume.
    Any suggestions?
  20. xxwabbit

xxwabbit Member

Good question. I use Quick Settings and it shows that mine is setup that way as there is a check box to enable or disable it.
Search tags for this page

drm protected content storage

how to get in backdoor of droid razor maxx

how to root a damn droid

medford oregon droid razr maxx

razor max avoided poor internet connection

why doesn't temple run 2 work on my motorola droid a855