Report your ICS on Razr experience here.

Tracey4

Reaction score
subsynth said:
I got ICS Thursday Night / Friday Morning just after midnight.

I like the visual look, but my performance has been somewhat lackluster.

Less Battery, assuming due to forced 4g, I haven't tried the workaround yet.

Calendar only syncs some of my events, past events no longer show up. I can go back to late May, and everything else before that won't show up on the phone, it's still there on the web...

I got a SIM Card Error , no service yesterday. Powered off, removed the card and put it back in and it was fine.

My AutomateIt rules for changing volumes when plugging in a headset don't work anymore. (that may be the app, not the OS)

Wifi constantly looses connections, reconnects.

A Lot of weirdness for sure, gonna do a factory reset after work today I guess...

My wifi cuts in and out as well. I'm considering a reset too, but i hate having to set everything up again. Bleh...

Darryl_B

Reaction score
Hi
Was wondering if anyone else has this problem .... Both Razr & Razr Maxx with ICS none rooted has an annoying notification that says Verizon Wireless and there seems to be no way to change it even though i have it set to say droid it is very annoying because every time it does that you think that VZW is trying to reach you now it don't do that on all notifications but i can not find a way to get rid of it ......... any help would be greatly appreciated ....... Thank You Darryl :icon_evil:

Trash Can

Reaction score
Well, it's back to the drawing board on my wife's Razr. I installed ICS on her phone the other day. It went from approx 50% to completely dead while sitting idle overnight. So I did a FDR yesterday, then turned it off and charged it to 100%. Same thing happened again -- completely dead this morning. Unfortunately, I'm away for the next several days. I had her set up a SA that basically disables everything until I can get home for more troubleshooting.

Trash Can

Reaction score
Hi
Was wondering if anyone else has this problem .... Both Razr & Razr Maxx with ICS none rooted has an annoying notification that says Verizon Wireless and there seems to be no way to change it even though i have it set to say droid it is very annoying because every time it does that you think that VZW is trying to reach you now it don't do that on all notifications but i can not find a way to get rid of it ......... any help would be greatly appreciated ....... Thank You Darryl :icon_evil:

Just a tip..... most people list the model where it says "phone" in their profile, not their phone number.

Tracey4

Reaction score
Did my reset and wifi still barely functions. The strange part is other networks around my house show up in my wireless networks, but mine doesn't most of the time. It isn't my router because my computer is running off it fine. This is so frustrating!

fauxreall

Reaction score
sometimes its a bit laggy here and there and battery life is way worse. it just seems to be dropping way quicker even with lowest brightness.

rev0jace

Reaction score
Mine seems pretty buggy and I keep getting Error/App force shut down pop ups.

Had to freeze the Dock process again as the dog gone thing still thinks a HDMI is plugged which is not plugged in. :icon_evil: Was hopping this would have been fixed with this release.

ADW is all whited out when you select widgets, GTalk shows everyone offline, stock calender widget will not load and foursquare keeps telling me to log in after I have already done so a couple times.

I will say the phone does seem to be a bit faster and the pattern unlock seems a lot more stable and easy to use. Not sure on the battery yet as just completed the upgrade using Matt's tools 1.7 method to include full wipe before and after, clearing cache's a few times with a reboot after each.

Hopefully something will shake out sometime soon to address these issues as from what I have searched it appears others are banging their heads also.

And now you cannot get to your contacts from the Dialer? Why split those up into two different apps?

Last edited:

T1125P

Reaction score
My ICS is running super smooth, very fast when you scroll through your apps, much more responsive compared to gingerbread. I just have one issue that I don't like. I had an app for gingerbread that deleted your frequently contacted list, but the app does not work in ICS and still there is no way to clear that list. Does anyone here know of an app, that's free? Or maybe it's in a setting in ICS that I missed?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My ICS is running super smooth, very fast when you scroll through your apps, much more responsive compared to gingerbread. I just have one issue that I don't like. I had an app for gingerbread that deleted your frequently contacted list, but the app does not work in ICS and still there is no way to clear that list. Does anyone here know of an app, that's free? Or maybe it's in a setting in ICS that I missed?

There is an app in the store called "Frequently Call Disabler Clean" but it's .99 cents, and it requires root. That's the only thing I have found. It also has a patch that makes it so there is no frequently called list at all. But my phone is rooted.

T1125P

Reaction score
Hi ok thanks I will look into that, my gingerbread was rooted now I think I will root ICS, I mean I don't know why they just don't include an option to clear that list, to me it makes no sense, and its annoying to.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi ok thanks I will look into that, my gingerbread was rooted now I think I will root ICS, I mean I don't know why they just don't include an option to clear that list, to me it makes no sense, and its annoying to.

It annoyed the crap out of me too. I use my phone heavily for business and when I was finally able to clear it out I had over 70 calls in there. It makes no sense not to be able to clear it. And rooting ICS is as easy as pie. Plus get Voodoo Root Keeper, it will back up your root and if you need to take an OTA, you can unroot before and re-root after with a single tap. It's great. :icon_ devil:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So fantastic ya had to post it twice with different spellings ;)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!