Report your ICS on Razr experience here.

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Seems like the ota's started rolling out late last night and many members have reported downloading ICS on their phones. Others have used Matt's utility 1.7 and grabbed the OTA themselves, so I expect many of you will be playing with and experiencing Ice Cream Sandwhich for the first time today. Please, all of us still waiting, for what could be a couple weeks, let us know what what you think about ICS and how Blur is incorporated into ICS.

First impressions.
Favorite changes.
Performance
Enhancements.
Issues.
What seems missing or could be better.
As time goes on and you find new goodies about ICS, come back and share your new found ICS joy.

Happy for all you that were the lucky few to get the early push. Lets us know what you think

truebluebpb

Reaction score
I just installed 4.04 ics on my razr. I'm 20 miles southwest of Cleveland Ohio. Started it about 9:30am.

swallman

Reaction score
Only issue I'm having is that Push email isn't working correctly on Corporate Sync (Exchange server). I hope Moto hasn't gone backwards with this again (they've had issues with this on their older phones in the past)...

JP 5.56

Reaction score
so far so good. It's a vast improvement over what the RAZR was, and it was durn fine! The only thing that has me scratching my head is that to take a screen shot you press volumedown and power at the same time - I'm pretty sure this WAS how you did a reset on the phone (never had to before)... so how do you do the reset now I wonder?

adavis609

Reaction score
JP 5.56 said:
so far so good. It's a vast improvement over what the RAZR was, and it was durn fine! The only thing that has me scratching my head is that to take a screen shot you press volumedown and power at the same time - I'm pretty sure this WAS how you did a reset on the phone (never had to before)... so how do you do the reset now I wonder?

Just hold the power and volume down longer for the reset. The screen shot takes after a few seconds of holding it. Are you having any trouble with the gallery app not opening or not being able to delete pictures or save new ones?

William_04_x

Reaction score
Hold the buttons for 2 seconds to screen capture. Hold them for 10 or more for reset.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

William_04_x

Reaction score
Opening multiple tabs and going to your bookmarks in the stock browser is kind of weird now. At the top of a webpage is only the tabs button. You must press this to get to the show bookmarks button.

To get to your bookmarks in one click you hit the menu hard button at the bottom.

OP
coolbreeze704

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
How is everyone liking there ICS phone and phone contacts so far. I really enjoyed it on my Nexus with ICS. ICS voice command worked great too.

William_04_x

Reaction score
Boot up time its greatly reduced on mine now. I have a lot of widgets and apps and it used to take at least 5 minutes for everything to populate. I just power cycled and it all came up in less than 2.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
FYI, this has been moved to a new subforum specifically for ICS on the RAZR

rdgxray

Reaction score
What sub forum? Under DROID RAZR? Totally lost I see no forums about ICS on RAZR...

OP
coolbreeze704

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
My battery life has been terrible. I hope it will improve with a couple of charge cycles. I'm sure it doesn't help that I've been on it way more than usual.

View attachment 51411

View attachment 51412

Wow. I wonder if you will need to retrain the phone and battery by taking it down to 15% , turn the phone off , and keep it off and charge with supplied wall charger to 100% to re calibrate the phone to read your battery level. Seems like that's a false reading. I can't imagine you used up that much battery that quick.