Report your ICS on Razr experience here.

rpittillo

Reaction score
I am loving the the new ICS! Did my FDR, configured my CDMA to CDMA Auto (prl) and enjoying the new and to me improved Droid Razr. From NC.

Yngwie77

Reaction score
I HATE it so far...my phone was awesome before jn...now my Razr is laggy....buggy...apps freeze...apps and the dialer mysteriously open themselves....touch screen goes wacky....wtf...this sux

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks again, damn 70 calls, man I would have been so damn pissed, gingerbread and ICS don't have a clear list, damn, I mean come on google lol. Anyway, I found this site for the root: Motorola Droid Razr XT912: Rooting ICS and Gingerbread with CASUAL Root Tool Looks very easy, just like gingerbread was I'll give it a go tonight or tomorrow.

I don't know if that method works, and it says it's "BETA" ... you should try Matt's Utility Version 1.7 ... it's easy. Just plug your phone into your computer, run the utility, select "Root for ICS" and it does the rest. That's what I used.

MEEF

Reaction score
Caesars said:
Well if you get a new phone, please share :) hehe

I received my "Certified Like New Replacement" or "Used" phone today. It was still running Gingerbread and I considered not updating it but I haven't seen any other extreme battery issues like mine so I went ahead with the update. I'm still working on getting a new replacement. I'll let you know how that goes.....

stang64

Reaction score
Pulled off charger fully charged, powerd on and after it booted up, this is what I found. Isn't it a little too much?

View attachment 52199

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Pulled off charger fully charged, powerd on and this.

View attachment 52199

This is really not inexplicable. First, was the power on or off while charging? Second, how long was it on the charger.

If the phone was charged with power on, the parasitic load of the phone (using power), can confuse the charger and cause it to stop charging prematurely. Even if it wasn't due to premature interruption of charging, once charging stops at 100%, then the charger sits and waits while the battery slowly discharges, and once the battery reaches 90%, charging resumes to boost the charge back to 100%. This cycle continues until the phone is removed from charge.

If the phone is on while charging, this can happen more than once overnight or during extended charge periods. If the phone is off when charging, it can take 24 hours or more to discharge to 90%, before charging will resume. Depending on how long after charging interrupted you disconnected, it could be anywhere between 90% and 100%.

From 0% to fully charged, the RAZR takes 3 hours with power off, and the MAXX takes 5.5 hours with power off. Both would take longer, and might never reach 100% if charged with power on, depending on how heavily it is using power. The only way to assure a 100% charge is to charge with power off, and to remove from charge as soon after it reaches 100% as possible.

Last edited:

WETLAYED

Reaction score
Just like my instructor at my school would say... More than you ever wanted to know!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks for the complement! :D

stang64

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
This is really not inexplicable. First, was the power on or off while charging? Second, how long was it on the charger.

If the phone was charged with power on, the parasitic load of the phone (using power), can confuse the charger and cause it to stop charging prematurely. Even if it wasn't due to premature interruption of charging, once charging stops at 100%, then the charger sits and waits while the battery slowly discharges, and once the battery reaches 90%, charging resumes to boost the charge back to 100%. This cycle continues until the phone is removed from charge.

If the phone is on while charging, this can happen more than once overnight or during extended charge periods. If the phone is off when charging, it can take 24 hours or more to discharge to 90%, before charging will resume. Depending on how long after charging interrupted you disconnected, it could be anywhere between 90% and 100%.

From 0% to fully charged, the RAZR takes 3 hours with power off, and the MAXX takes 5.5 hours with power off. Both would take longer, and might never reach 100% if charged with power on, depending on how heavily it is using power. The only way to assure a 100% charge is to charge with power off, and to remove from charge as soon after it reaches 100% as possible.

I charged it while it was off, pulled charger after it was 100% charged and turned it on, by the time it booted up it was at 90%.

Lkvcutie

Reaction score
FoxKat said:

See when i first got the Max the battery was the one thing i was worried about cause like most phones you can't remove the back to replace the battery. I'm very surprised that my battery will last me a day to almost a and a half and i run it down to like 5% and then charge it with the phone being turned on but i won't mess with it while it's charging.

MikesGT

Reaction score
Game Lag

I received ICS last Friday night. I have to say, I really like it... runs great and seems to be much smoother than GB in almost every way. The only issue I am experiencing, and I would be curious as to who else is seeing this also, is with games. The games do not run the same... they are sluggish and stutter. The games I play the most which I have seen the issue on is temple run, GTA III, Modern Combat and Fruit Ninja. All of them the same story... they run, but are fairly laggy. They ran smooth on GB.

I performed two factory resets. The first time I restored all of my apps automatically with google backup before I had an opportunity to run the games to see if the issue was resolved. It was not... I have been wondering if there is a particular app that is dragging these 3d apps down, so I performed another factory reset but this time did not automatically restore all of my apps/data. The first thing I did was install temple run, it seemed to run slightly better, but still nothing in comparison to how it ran on GB.

I have read a few forums/posts where folks have indicated they are seeing the same thing. Anyone else? Has anyone found a resolution? Is it maybe these apps are just not optimized yet for ICS on the RAZR? That would be my guess... if anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them because it is somewhat frustrating.

Thanks!

ddenuzz

Reaction score
I charged it while it was off, pulled charger after it was 100% charged and turned it on, by the time it booted up it was at 90%.

Anyone, please jump in here and correct me if i'm wrong. The Razr and Razr Maxx read battery in 10% increments. So from 85-94%, the battery would read 90% for example (round up from each 5 in the one's place, round done if lower than 5). So maybe you charged the battery to 95%, so it would read 100% on the charger. Then when you pulled it off, it dropped to 94%, rounding it down to 90%. Of course my theory is trashed if you are using a battery app that measures in 1% increments.

Trash Can

Reaction score
See when i first got the Max the battery was the one thing i was worried about cause like most phones you can't remove the back to replace the battery. I'm very surprised that my battery will last me a day to almost a and a half and i run it down to like 5% and then charge it with the phone being turned on but i won't mess with it while it's charging.

It's still using power -- OS is running, holding a signal, background data, etc. As FoxKat said, the only way assure a full charge is to eliminate parasitic loads, which means the phone must be off.

211SSW

Reaction score
Did I see difference in My Gallery after ICS?

My problem is that a block of pictures did not transfer to the ICS. I had saved pictures to a couple of places but have no experience with restoring anything. I don't want 2 of all pictures as a result of restoring photos.
I've been trying to move pictures to my PC wirelessly but the PC screen didn't have "my Bluetooth" on screen so I need to find out if my 2009 laptop can be paired with my RAZR.This is issue because my PC is XP 64bit Professional so no iTunes & actually, at this moment, I have no recall of reluctance to USB connection!
What options are available for getting those pictures back, I don't know yet because life is crazy for me. I returned from son's wedding + added vacation tacked onto that and I now cannot return to NJ home due to extreme storm damage & no electricity for 5 days & it's 90 degrees plus there for entire forecast time into next week. I had report that my house had electricity for a few hours yesterday but it's a crazy time to be paying attention to losing a block of pictures but once I'm back at that house, I won't have time to pay attention to the pictures. My apologies for going on about this but it does affect my attention to upgrading with ICS which happened last night. It's so new that I don't have opinion formed but not happy that large block of pictures is gone. Suggestions about how restoring photos happens would be helpful- does a new set of photos come in or .....how is a block restored when all pictures around those 20-30 lost ones are in place? Thanks for any help provided.
If helpful, when I go through pictures, places for the ones that didn't transfer are there & if clicked, it tells me that there was error in moving those pictures to "my gallery" so their absence is acknowledged. Does that make a difference for restoring or perhaps make it more feasible to restore only the ones with an error message?
The instructions I need are for total newbie in restoration. I feel adept in many areas of phone - PC details but nothing with lost data, media, etc.

Last edited: