rc4 available

superglen99

Reaction score
RC4 was bad for me. would not upload photos to facebook and had several apps randomly crash and general sluggishness. went back to RC3 which has been great.

choujin1975

Reaction score
Just noticed that the 800mhz stock kernel allows 400mhz while charging....first one I've ever seen doing that (others always go to 500 or above). Anyone know what the stock kernel is?

Thanks

choujin1975

Reaction score
Thanks - read the CPU charging post before that's why I was curious ~ was under the impression that the charging speed should be the slot 500mhz (or closest above this) ~ RC4 stock kernel idles at 400 while charging according to SetCPU and OSMonitor .....just curious about whose kernel it is....couldn't find it in the posts.

Thanks again!

captdroid

Reaction score
Thanks - read the CPU charging post before that's why I was curious ~ was under the impression that the charging speed should be the slot 500mhz (or closest above this) ~ RC4 stock kernel idles at 400 while charging according to SetCPU and OSMonitor .....just curious about whose kernel it is....couldn't find it in the posts.

Thanks again!

I think the Cyanogen devs did the stock kernel. Maybe 400 is the 'middle' slot? which is why it's stuck there when charging?

The Slayher 1.1GHz kernel I am using won't go below 600 when charging using the AC adapter but does jump above that depending on the setCPU profiles.

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/4434-froyo-kernels-by-slayher/

I am using Slayher 1.1GHz version 1.6 no additional patches needed... unless you want compcache which I have found isn't worth the trouble... works great...

Last edited:

tdog7879

Reaction score
What's so special about 191??? Does everything work right any new features I'm still on rc3

choujin1975

Reaction score
Haven't tried any other kernels yet - think I might see what all the fuss is about 191, let it cool a little then flash something with a little more beef too it....Thanks for the advise about the slayer 1.1g kernel...

captdroid

Reaction score
Haven't tried any other kernels yet - think I might see what all the fuss is about 191, let it cool a little then flash something with a little more beef too it....Thanks for the advise about the slayer 1.1g kernel...

Well build 191 runs better then any other CM 6.1 I have tried thus far. Many bugs fixed and runs great. Makes me happy to have a ROM loaded with features and seems to be rock solid :)

I know the camera is still being worked on but I don't have any problems with it.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
On 191 till I can spare half an hour to flash 195:

My tethering apps keep dropping connection, seriously, forcing some pain in the butt restarts and lost data. Also, my SD card keeps mounting for USB Mass Storage even though that's impossible with USB tethering enabled. This has caused some... issues.

captdroid

Reaction score
On 191 till I can spare half an hour to flash 195:

My tethering apps keep dropping connection, seriously, forcing some pain in the butt restarts and lost data. Also, my SD card keeps mounting for USB Mass Storage even though that's impossible with USB tethering enabled. This has caused some... issues.

Interesting.. I think 196 or soon 197 is the latest? ROM Manager is telling me nightly build 196 is the latest at the moment.

Last edited:

captdroid

Reaction score
I'm seeing 195 over on the Team Douche repository, but no 196.

Huh, 196 is showing in my ROM Manager at least that's what it says and I think folks over in the Cyanogen forum were talking about it. And Droidkevlar just mentioned going to load it up.