3G & WIFI not working in RC4?

B

budmonster

I was on the latest rc3 before. I wiped everything (system, data, cache, etc.) in recovery then flashed rc4 followed by gapps, I only used Rom Manger to download not to install. I've tried with 3G and WIFI, I made sure everything is on.

When I try the market I get:
"A network error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to previous screen."

When I open browser:
"Web page not available"

Anyone else getting this?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Same kernel as RC3?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Sandso9

Reaction score
my 3g is working fine and i really havent used wifi long to notice anything

9qwer1

Reaction score
im assuming your talking about CyanogenMod.. im using RC4, and im not getting any of that.. you may have to switch to another nandroid you backed up, download CM 6.1 RC4 with gapps through ROM manager, and install from there... BUT, there is one problem im getting with RC4. When i have too many widgets in the default launcher (ADW Launcher), my launcher lags horribly.. any ways to fix this?

Hiroshika

Reaction score
im assuming your talking about CyanogenMod.. im using RC4, and im not getting any of that.. you may have to switch to another nandroid you backed up, download CM 6.1 RC4 with gapps through ROM manager, and install from there... BUT, there is one problem im getting with RC4. When i have too many widgets in the default launcher (ADW Launcher), my launcher lags horribly.. any ways to fix this?

Well yes, considering this is the cm sub forum so what else?

And other than deleting some of your widgets theres nothing you can do. try compcache perhaps?

Viper323

Reaction score
My 3G and WiFi are working better than ever on RC4! I manually installed them and wiped data + cache beforehand

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
For some reason, I cannot figure out for the life of me, Where RM d/l rc4 on my SD card..Call me crazy but I cannot find it. Help me Please

Sandso9

Reaction score
For some reason, I cannot figure out for the life of me, Where RM d/l rc4 on my SD card..Call me crazy but I cannot find it. Help me Please

mount your sd card to the computer and open the clockwork folder and if you on windows there should be a search function just type in RC4 and it should come up

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I was on the latest rc3 before. I wiped everything (system, data, cache, etc.) in recovery then flashed rc4 followed by gapps, I only used Rom Manger to download not to install. I've tried with 3G and WIFI, I made sure everything is on.

When I try the market I get:
"A network error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to previous screen."

When I open browser:
"Web page not available"

Anyone else getting this?
Did you make sure you don't have 3G turned off accidentally with the pulldown power widget? As for WiFi, the current wisdom says we need to delete all remembered APs before trying to connect if we run into issues.

OP
B

budmonster

i just reflashed the rom and everything works for now, ill see how it goes. it might have been due to titanium backup, not sure.