Compcache not working on RC4

OP
D

droidkevlar

Reaction score
And to add to this, I looked at my RC3 NAND and I never had the 2.6..... folder in /modules/ dir. I have copied over that compcache file to see if just copying it over will make any difference and moving the ramswap file back to the /modules dir. Other than that, I cant think of anything else.

EDIT: Still no workie. So its gotta be deeper I guess.

Worked fine for me.

I installed RC4, P3Droid Kernel and the ramzswap module.

I had to move the ramzswap.ko file into /system/lib/modules/2.6.32.9-P3Droid, like I mentioned. Yes, I had to create that directory. If that directory DOESN'T exist, when you type "modprobe ramzswap" it will fail. It's something "off" about the version of busybox that comes with CM.

I am having BT issues so I am going to flash a nightly tonight when I get home. And will try this again. Thanks for following up on it.

PriTyan

Reaction score
I got Compcache to run, but how do it get it to start at reboot. currenly have to run "/system/bin/compcache start" after every reboot. I tried putting the start command in "/ect/init.d/01sysctl" but does not work.

P

OP
D

droidkevlar

Reaction score
I got Compcache to run, but how do it get it to start at reboot. currenly have to run "/system/bin/compcache start" after every reboot. I tried putting the start command in "/ect/init.d/01sysctl" but does not work.

P

/ect/init.d/20userinit is the file you need to edit

/system/bin/compcache start

add the line above at the very bottom, reboot and you are set

PriTyan

Reaction score

P

/ect/init.d/20userinit is the file you need to edit

/system/bin/compcache start

add the line above at the very bottom, reboot and you are set

Thank you. Worked perfectly. dancedroid

P