rc4 available

Thunder_PC

Reaction score
OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
i dont get it... what is the exact problem with the camera? mine will flash if its too dark but it does so in an attempt to auto focus, but that does not impair the cameras function. I can take a picture anytime and if the flash needs to come on it does.

aldaudio

Reaction score
i just tried an old chevy kernel i had and it sent me into a boot loop.

anybody recommend any specific kernels? i'm looking for like a 1ghz one, preferably ulow or just low.

B

budmonster

i dont get it... what is the exact problem with the camera? mine will flash if its too dark but it does so in an attempt to auto focus, but that does not impair the cameras function. I can take a picture anytime and if the flash needs to come on it does.

the flash constantly goes off before i take pictures and the auto focus is jacked up. its a pain in the ass to take pics, there coming out horrible. my dx is coming friday so i dont care anymore lol.

pigpen

Reaction score
I'm getting 2 versions of rc4 in rom manager, is one of them suppose to be rc5 ?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
in terms of smoothness while scrolling (on webpages and what not), this is the smoothest rom I've tried. The options are also great. With this said, there are subtle problems that RC4 has such as the camera bug that everyone is talking about as well as the wrong applications launching in certain situations (no 3D launcher either on LP). Hopefully this will all be fixed in the official 6.1 release whenever that may be.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The camera uses proprietary drivers and software. Sometimes the tweaks and hacks that make up the really juicy bits of a ROM can interfere with the camera software. This is what we're seeing with the 6.1 builds so far. Hopefully they'll fix it soon, otherwise 6.1 final is a LONG way off. :)

Codiusprie

Reaction score
So I am having some issues with RC4.

I switched over to RC3 about a week before RC4 was released and everything was flawless. Easily the smoothest and most polished Rom I have ever used (even in RC form!!), so when I saw an update for it I decided to take the plunge.

So far here are my issues:

Serious battery issues, on RC3 I could go all day and then some on one charge but with RC4 and the same kernel (an 800MHz kernel) I can barely make it 3.5 hours. It is really REALLY bad.

Of course the camera issues that everyone else has already mentioned, along with a few minor redraw issues.

Basically the camera and absolutely horrible battery life are deal breakers. Since no one else has complained about battery life I am going to assume that it is a problem with either my phone or my kernel. I am going to go back to RC3 for right now.

mustang90

Reaction score
So I am having some issues with RC4.

I switched over to RC3 about a week before RC4 was released and everything was flawless. Easily the smoothest and most polished Rom I have ever used (even in RC form!!), so when I saw an update for it I decided to take the plunge.

So far here are my issues:

Serious battery issues, on RC3 I could go all day and then some on one charge but with RC4 and the same kernel (an 800MHz kernel) I can barely make it 3.5 hours. It is really REALLY bad.

Of course the camera issues that everyone else has already mentioned, along with a few minor redraw issues.

Basically the camera and absolutely horrible battery life are deal breakers. Since no one else has complained about battery life I am going to assume that it is a problem with either my phone or my kernel. I am going to go back to RC3 for right now.

I have the same battery issues with 6.1 RC4. Android OS seems to be the largest battery consumption. Can barely make it 12 hours. With CM6.0 I could go a couple days sometimes.