RAZR still a top device?

teksavag

Reaction score
Nada. I have been nothing but good to them. I've just had rotten luck and got some really bad eggs...

millerjy

Reaction score
You've gone through 9 RAZR's in a year? No offense, but what are you doing to them?

Verizon's "Like New" Policy.

It always seems with no matter what phone I have once the switch has been made to the "Like New" device it will take at least 3 before I find one that works right. Now I will just have to tough out the minor issues because I really like the Razr Maxx. 6 months no issues yet!

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
Teksavag have any of the phones that Verizon replaced been rooted? I'm just curious how close they look at that. I just recently rooted and installed Google now using the method that you came up with.

teksavag

Reaction score
Yes all of them had been rooted but I unrooted with voodoo ota rootkeeper app on a couple and recovered some completely to stock. The rest were in a boot loop and they wouldn't have been able to tell anyway.

jp233

Reaction score
I definitely still think the RAZR and RAZR MAXX (the original XT912 devices) are top tier phones.

Motorola has been making radio hardware for a long time... they know what they are doing. Samsung is much more of a newbie in that respect, although they should be able to get better radio equipment into their top devices. I have heard of similar gripes about the Galaxy S2.

I would certainly take a RAZR HD or MAXX HD, but wouldn't want to re-up the 2 yr contract to do it. I would definitely trade mine for a Maxx XT912, just to get the battery life extended. However, now that I've figured out how to get the batter life into an acceptable state, I'm cool with this thing. I was previously getting really frustrated with it after I changed jobs and had it sitting there draining on 4G all day and was using it a good bit more during biz hours.

jimmib

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything that will make me switch yet...besides all of the WOW advertising is to get people due for upgrade to buy-buy-buy...the maxx is the best smartphone I have owned so far...it is fast and dependable...can't wait for JB

AirJunky

Reaction score
I don't miss my Razr Maxx in the least. The Maxx HD was a big improvement for me. :D

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I had the maxx HD... not a big change.. idk how it is with jelly bean... but it wasn't much of a change.. it was snappier at first... then the one I had started crashing...

But the ones that work right are a little quicker than the maxx g1... I don't like the on screen buttons either... they take up too much realestate.. that's just me though.

cris

Reaction score
Mine has been great. Although the first one I had I think was better till the screen cracked. The second one was just junk. This third one has been alright. I am looking for a upgrade but not sure what I want.

heavyvino

Reaction score
I gave my RAZR to my daughter when her continum died, she told me if I could find another one I should get it for her because she likes it better,, she loved the split screen but loves the speed of the razr. Kids, go figure.

I now have and love the razr maxx hd, does everything I want/need it to do. All that storage plus my 64 gig sd card. Best phone I have ever had.

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I'm running android 4.2 on my og razr and I've never been happier. I'm really not that intrigued by the galaxy s4 or anything new I'm seeing. Still loving this phone as much or more than day 1

sent from droid RAZR liquid smooth android 4.2

bocabean

Reaction score
I agree with FoxKat. Further, I still consider myself at an advantage by having the original Droid Razr Maxx because of webtop 3.0, which is not available on the newer devices. No doubt that the newer devices have their pluses, as well, but I am happy staying right where I am....well at least until the contract comes up for renewal again next year. Hopefully I will be able to continue with my unlimited plan.

4low4fun

Reaction score
I'll start by saying our devices are definetly dated. Everything from the processor to the camera to the display.. but I am very much in love with my maxx! You could offer me a brand spanking new S4 in trade and I wouldn't take it. And you know what? A lot of it has to do with the battery. I consider myself to be a "heavy" user. I'm ALWAYS doing something on my phone. Whether it be texting (which I do A LOT) or WiFi tether or browsing the web and my maxx still goes almost two full days without a charge! There's non other phone on the market right now except the maxx HD that can even come close! I'll take dual core with a big battery over quad core with a small battery any day!!