I'm soooo glad I got the Razr

Status
Not open for further replies.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the only thing ppl really like about the hardware on the G Nex so far is the screen....

So....have a Rezound, Bionic, RAZR and like their screens? No need to "upgrade" if those are your current phones. There was no need to rent the phones too. See so many posts on different forums about folks starting out renting one of those phones and wind up liking it. 16GB is almost gone on my DX1...have about 2GB left. 16GB can fill up quick depending on how you use the phone.

Battery life....I say its too early to call. Camera is probably software related. Samsung usually does good in that dept tho.

mtnbst

Reaction score
I hear your concern, but not totally true. Below is a chart of the charging cycles for a LI battery. It was put through 1,000 cycles and at the end it was carry about 80% capacity against its original capacity. At 300 cycles, it was maybe 10% - 15% reduced.

Quote (Portable Batteries Cycle Performance):

[h=2]Lithium-ion[/h][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Figure 4 examines the capacity and internal resistance of lithium-ion. We observe a gentle and predictable capacity drop over 1,000 cycles while the internal resistance increases only slightly. Because of low readings, we omit self-discharge. Lithium-ion offers the highest specific energy among the above-mentioned chemistries, contains little or no toxic metals, but needs protection circuits to ensure safe operation. Li-ion is also more expensive to manufacture than the nickel-based equivalent.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Batteries tested in a laboratory environment tend to give better results than when used in the field; elements of stress in everyday use do not transfer well into the laboratory. Aging plays a minimal role in a lab because the batteries are cycled over a period of a few months rather than the expected service life of a few years. The temperature is often moderate and the batteries are charged with proper charge equipment, an advantage that the field cannot always claim.

View attachment 43948
[/FONT]

thank you very much for this information.
I was not aware of this, very helpful. Thanks
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Whatever it takes for u to feel good about your phone. I'd rather have my thunderbolt back than a razr.

As for build quality... please spare me. Both of the phones are light and feel fragile. If anything the razr felt cheaper to me because its so frigging thin.

I wouldn't base my opinion off if your stores display.

sent from unlocked gnex

Kimo91

Reaction score
So I see the GNex fan boys are still crashing our party and bringing cheap booze with them LOL. Seriously just read a bunch problems GNex ownets are experiencing and it outweighs problems that us Razr experienced as a whole. I even debated crashing their party but decided that we Razr owners as a whole are way too mature to do that to them. I loved my Razr from day one and still love it 3 weeks later.

Oh on a side note, someone from my plant bought one and was showing off how superior his phone was to my Razr and someone bumped into him and he dropped his phone and the screen shattered. I dropped mine on purpose from the same height and nothing happened. My only reply was "yep your phone is superior to mine" LMFAO

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

Kimo91

Reaction score
talk about instant karma for talking crap lol gotta love it :p

I know right? LMAO I tried to take a pic but our facilities has a "no camera" policy and he was already throwing such a hissy fit that all I could do was laugh and walk away LMAO

jays91ls

Reaction score
some picture would have been awesome lol , i remember 2 hours after getting my old bionic with the extended battery i dropped it ,that always happened with the extended battery on it ,you'd be a surprised at the words you say when you drop a device as expensive as these 4GLTE devices lol:D

Kimo91

Reaction score
I remember dropping mine the 2nd day and I about crapped myself and swore to the heavens but was glad to see no damage whatsoever LOL

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I see the GNex fan boys are still crashing our party and bringing cheap booze with them LOL. Seriously just read a bunch problems GNex ownets are experiencing and it outweighs problems that us Razr experienced as a whole. I even debated crashing their party but decided that we Razr owners as a whole are way too mature to do that to them. I loved my Razr from day one and still love it 3 weeks later.

Oh on a side note, someone from my plant bought one and was showing off how superior his phone was to my Razr and someone bumped into him and he dropped his phone and the screen shattered. I dropped mine on purpose from the same height and nothing happened. My only reply was "yep your phone is superior to mine" LMFAO

Wait...your whole mature party is to bash another phone because you put your hands on a demo that sucked....lol...yeah. calling people fan boys....referencing your bash thread as a party...and sharing a phone dropping incident where you make fun of someone else's stuff. Is this what you call mature? Yes or no will suffice

If you wanted to give a mature review... great. If you want to praise your own phone great. But don't bait others into a confrontation by putting down their equipment and calling names like fan boy while referring to yourself as mature. Actions speak louder than words

sent from unlocked gnex

jays91ls

Reaction score
oh my god and now it starts , man some of you droid lovers take stuff wayyyyyyyyyyyy to harsh and to heart :blink:

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
oh my god and now it starts , man some of you droid lovers take stuff wayyyyyyyyyyyy to harsh and to heart :blink:

Yeah...that's what mature people tend to do.

sent from unlocked gnex

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
I'm confused. Is this the Galaxy Nexus forum or RAZR forum. A yes or no will suffice
dancedroid

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd rather not start handing out vacations today.

Let's keep it civil.

We all have new and different phones and we all have to get along.

Sent from my rooted, ROM'd, and Safestrapped XT862

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm confused. Is this the Galaxy Nexus forum or RAZR forum. A yes or no will suffice
dancedroid

Really? Bwahaha....that's not even a yes or no question.

Its a public forum. It appears in the moat recent threads on the droidforums app. Oh wait....am I not allowed to view or respond to these threads?

sent from unlocked gnex

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd rather not start handing out vacations today.

Let's keep it civil.

We all have new and different phones and we all have to get along.

Sent from my rooted, ROM'd, and Safestrapped XT862

I agree. I don't even intend to keep posting but people like the aforementioned continue to make it something its not. IMO the entire thread smells of bait for flaming.

sent from unlocked gnex

Status
Not open for further replies.