Just switched from a GN to Razr

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackterry

Reaction score
And I'm very happy I decided to do it !!

The GN is flat out a cheap poorly made phone but it has ICS ... To me ICS was great but it was plagued with lots of bugs. I could go down a list of things that were wrong with the GN but the huge factor was the cell connection was flat out lousey Dropped calls out the ying yang !!..

I am looking forward to a more refined version of ICE for Razr to come out but in my opinion it's not ready for prime time yet. I'm also enjoying some solid battery life already (I've only had my Razr since yesterday morning)... But I can tell already it's head and shoulders above the GN battery life in fact I could pretty mush watch the GN battery quickly get sucked to nothing..

Glad I made the switch it's just a more solid phone !!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Cool

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bullswife98

Reaction score
Awesome! Welcome to the Razr section of the forums! I also am in no hurry for ICS as I'm loving what I have on here now. Battery life when smart actions tweeked outstanding life can go all day and I live in a area where we aren't 4g yet so my data is 3g strong. They need to work out the bugs first on ICS before I'll take the update. Hope you'll love your phone as much as I love mine.

Sent from my Updated and Rooted Razr sliced thin! :)

taxinyc

Reaction score
I doubt you regret your decision. Razr build is primo with snappy performance.

No rush for ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

WestOkid

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I think you'll be happy with your choice. Both are good phones but only 1 is sexy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Caesarg

Reaction score
+1. I'm surprised you haven't gotten flamed yet by GN owners. Even though it has many of the same issues as other phones, camera problems, data drops, pentile screen (hmm sounds like the bionic no wait that was an awful phone (sarcasm mode I own a bionic). I was going to switch to the GN until I messed with it in a store for awhile. I agree with you cheaply made and like any phone too many issues at launch. I have also messed with the Razr. Thought it was a decent phone just didn't see enough of an improvement over the bionic to switch.

I am sure you will enjoy it but wait for the flaming from GN owners. JMHO I'm sure others will disagree.

Last edited:

Androidatic

Reaction score
Welcome to the club. You won't regret your decision. I still have until Jan 15th to exchange but based on what I have been reading in the GN forum, I'd be foolish to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Wopback

Reaction score
And I'm very happy I decided to do it !!

The GN is flat out a cheap poorly made phone but it has ICS ... To me ICS was great but it was plagued with lots of bugs. I could go down a list of things that were wrong with the GN but the huge factor was the cell connection was flat out lousey Dropped calls out the ying yang !!..

I am looking forward to a more refined version of ICE for Razr to come out but in my opinion it's not ready for prime time yet. I'm also enjoying some solid battery life already (I've only had my Razr since yesterday morning)... But I can tell already it's head and shoulders above the GN battery life in fact I could pretty mush watch the GN battery quickly get sucked to nothing..

Glad I made the switch it's just a more solid phone !!

You should've posted this on the nexus forum too!!! The Nexus forums are pretty dreadful, alot of unhappy people...Maybe we can save a few more of our Android brothers.....lol

Sent from my Chuck Norris approved Droid RAZR

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
My phone is better than your phone! There, hows that?! :p The Razr and the Bionic are the best Moto phones to date that's for sure. Last year at this time the biggest complaints were that VZW doesn't have the good phones like the other carriers. Now the decision is very tough and man is that a good thing! DancingNexus

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
You should've posted this on the nexus forum too!!! The Nexus forums are pretty dreadful, alot of unhappy people...Maybe we can save a few more of our Android brothers.....lol

Sent from my Chuck Norris approved Droid RAZR

Great idea, go start fights.

SANhacker

Reaction score
Welcome to the RAZR forums. When I saw the first unboxing video of the GNex I noticed that very flexible plastic back. I knew then and there it wasn't for me. Loving the RAZR and MotoCast and Smart Actions.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
And the OP did post this in the Nexus forum...but the thread was closed because these threads belong in the Razr forum. Most people in the Nexus forum are happy with their decision and really just dont care about another user having switched to the Razr.

Last edited:

kbuck13

Reaction score
I will soon be a new Razr owner, turning in my Gnex. My issue is the noise cancellation, my work environment has a lot of machines and it is extremely noisy the DX was great at it but the Nexus just plain sucks at. they Razr was my second pick so hope this works out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.