Just switched from a GN to Razr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Androidatic

Reaction score
I wouldn't post this in the GN forum, they're already miserable enough, please don't add fuel to the fire. Just be happy that you have a great phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

azdrifter

Reaction score
I am really happy to see so much variety like someone said earlier last year we were complaining there was not enough choices now we have too many.
And as far as which phone is better i think it varies by individual and need,..some people are happy with their Gnex and others aren't same goes for the Bionic,Razr,X2 and so on,..They are all great phones.
What we have now is comparisons between BMW,..Lexus,..Cadillac they are all top of the line vehicles and they all have their critics.
To me it's like walking into a Baskin Robbins so many choices :):D:icon_eek:
So pick your poison and go forward because in 3 months we will be bashing the next greatest phone to land on Verizon ! :blink:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I wouldn't post this in the GN forum, they're already miserable enough, please don't add fuel to the fire. Just be happy that you have a great phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Yea, we are all tie'n nooses over there ready to end it. lol Do you remember the early days of the D1? Lot's of people were posting about issues they had. Same on the Droid X, same on the DB, DR etc.

Dan_08

Reaction score
Saw your original post in the GN forum...I thought it was a helpful post. People should know what the best alternatives are. If you want a good phone that you can flash multiple roms, and over clock then go with the GN. If you want a phone that works great as a phone consistently and is blazing fast and smooth then go with the Razr.

I'm curious why the thread was deleted? Is it against rules to state the truth or your opinion of the truth?

Dan_08

Reaction score
Yea, we are all tie'n nooses over there ready to end it. lol Do you remember the early days of the D1? Lot's of people were posting about issues they had. Same on the Droid X, same on the DB, DR etc.
Who spoke bad about the OG? Must of been iPhone owners! :p

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
And I just switched to a family plan to try out the G Nex...

I'm extremely happy with my RAZR, just want to see some things for myself compared to my razr. Added my droid x1 too month to month..so now I got another upgrade..wonder of I should use it on the rezound

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Saw your original post in the GN forum...I thought it was a helpful post. People should know what the best alternatives are. If you want a good phone that you can flash multiple roms, and over clock then go with the GN. If you want a phone that works great as a phone consistently and is blazing fast and smooth then go with the Razr.

I'm curious why the thread was deleted? Is it against rules to state the truth or your opinion of the truth?

It was deleted because of it being the 10th+ thread created saying the exact same thing that others before had already mentioned. No new issues were brought up, and considering it was in the Galaxy Nexus forum, a lot of people were bothered by the tone of the post. The thread title was "see ya suckaas" or something of that sort. Personally, I am not bothered by these posts. I am happy with my phone and that is all that matters to me. At the same time, I don't create threads in the Razr forum proclaiming this for every Razr owner on DF to see. It just seems to do more harm that good when it comes to these posts. Especially with how redundant they are at this point. With the amount of threads already in place for such discussion, it shouldn't be hard for people to figure out which phone is best for them. Whichever moderator saw the thread in the G-Nex forum noticed that it was doing more harm than good and simply closed the thread.

Dan_08

Reaction score
It was deleted because of it being the 10th+ thread created saying the exact same thing that others before had already mentioned. No new issues were brought up, and considering it was in the Galaxy Nexus forum, a lot of people were bothered by the tone of the post. The thread title was "see ya suckaas" or something of that sort. Personally, I am not bothered by these posts. I am happy with my phone and that is all that matters to me. At the same time, I don't create threads in the Razr forum proclaiming this for every Razr owner on DF to see. It just seems to do more harm that good when it comes to these posts. Especially with how redundant they are at this point. With the amount of threads already in place for such discussion, it shouldn't be hard for people to figure out which phone is best for them. Whichever moderator saw the thread in the G-Nex forum noticed that it was doing more harm than good and simply closed the thread.
I could see closing it cause there was a lot of hostility to the OP...but delete the valid info from the forum? Oh well either way the OP was able to get a better phone for himself, maybe even saved someone else from making the wrong choice as well.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
And if his thread in the Galaxy Nexus forum didn't save somebody from making the wrong phone choice, I am sure one of the other 10+ threads on the exact same issue will do the trick. :biggrin:

Wopback

Reaction score
I could see closing it cause there was a lot of hostility to the OP...but delete the valid info from the forum? Oh well either way the OP was able to get a better phone for himself, maybe even saved someone else from making the wrong choice as well.

Your right...these people read too much into these post. Yeah there may have been 10+ post with the same opening topic, but they all end up having a different convo......hmmmm kinda like this one.......

Sent from my Chuck Norris approved Droid RAZR

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Guys, it really can't be that hard for y'all to understand that a thread entitled "see ya suckaas" would be closed. "Suckaas", especially when posted in the Galaxy Nexus forum, obviously implies that the people who have the Galaxy Nexus, would indeed be "suckaas". I feel ridiculous even having to clarify this in this manor, but let's be honest here...:blink: It might be another story if the OP entitled the thread over in the Nexus forum the same way the OP entitled this thread...

Last edited:

cdfjr1975

Reaction score
OP or anyone else who has had or currently has both what is your opinion on the screens. I was impressed by the Gnex screen, not to say I'm not impressed by the Razr. If I were to change it would only be for screen, but don't think that's good enough when the Razr also has a great screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
B

blackterry

Reaction score
Guys, it really can't be that hard for y'all to understand that a thread entitled "see ya suckaas" would be closed. "Suckaas", especially when posted in the Galaxy Nexus forum, obviously implies that the people who have the Galaxy Nexus, would indeed be "suckaas". I feel ridiculous even having to clarify this in this manor, but let's be honest here...:blink: It might be another story if the OP entitled the thread over in the Nexus forum the same way the OP entitled this thread.

I posted in the GN forum about some problems I was having and got a few good replies from competent and non head in the ground people and they helped me alot... Then about 20 homers piled on me because I was asking what up with this and that...

So yes the "See ya suckas" post was to the homers ... I knew when I posted it it would be deleted before long..

That aside the Razr blows that cheaply made GN out of the water hands down.. The Razr works great right out of the box no need to download 20 apps, Root it, and use custom ROMS just to make it work kind of ok...

I'm extremely happy with the Razr and the battry life is amazing !! The phone functions very very well. I made the right decision and I'm glad I switched phones the GN wouldn't of lasted 6 months since I'm hard on phones. Go look at all the problems that are rampent on the GN forum, These are real problems they aren't people whining BIG issues with that phone..

Last edited:

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
*Sigh*, I guess there's just no hope for you all to understand. I still don't think it is that hard. Not everyone is having issues with their Nexus, myself included. I am sorry you had issues with yours, but you have to remember that the people without issues aren't posting it all over every forum on the site. I hope you enjoy your Razr, that's all that matters. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.