Razr battery life is awesome !!

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by blackterry, Jan 2, 2012.

1. blackterry

blackterry New Member

Had my Razr since last Wednesday now and I must say I'm very impressed with the battery life. I had a DX and was always charging it and then had a GN for a week and that was just horrid .. This Razr is great. I used it all day with moderate use and want it to drop to 0% and charge it all night tonight and after all day it's at 40%. I've had the flashlight on for 30min now trying to kill battery and it's at 5% now..

When I look at the battery stats everything is right where it should be. The thing that really stands out to me is the OS system is 9% when I had GN it was like 30%. I hope this keeps up and I'll be a super happy camper !!
  2. Insidious

Insidious New Member

Glad you're happy! I'm waiting a few weeks before I get a new phone to see if the updates will iron out the kinks in the Gnex.
  3. blackterry

blackterry New Member

Good luck with that... I like my non kinky phone that works..
  4. PhDCow

PhDCow New Member

I found that conditioning the battery was a MUST for the Razr. In the beginning, I was getting 5 hours of low-to-moderate use. I returned it for a Stratosphere (slower performance and just not as sleek) and eventually came back to the Razr. After conditioning the battery, I'm now in the 16 hour range, which includes 4-5 calls a day, FB, Twitter, email, and web sporadically. I never even got that on my DX.
  5. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I think 12-16 hours on an LTE phone with some actual use is very good. Especially for a stock battery and no custom ROMs/kernels. Add in apps like Smart Actions to manage some things, or manage LTE use and it can be as good as a 3G only phone.
  6. firstdue

firstdue New Member

I've found with setting up the smart actions and switching to cdma (does 4G really need to be on all the time? I don't stream alot of video no I've not noticed a performance change) only that i could get 30-32 hrs with moderate use....using wifi a majority of the time. Before this the best i could get was 10-12 hours, with my shortest usage time at 8 hrs.

The best i could ever get with my OG Droid was about 14 hrs....and i wasn't expecting much more from the Razr. But i was surprised to get the 30+ hrs. Tomorrow will be a good test because i'll be at work and switching from wifi to 3g all day.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012