I'm soooo glad I got the Razr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinninches

Reaction score
The razr will see ics soon. I'm a moto fanboi as you kknow.

Hey there! Long time no chat. I haven't been paying attention to my xoom in over a month. It just sits here - poor thing. Think I may go xyboard 8.2 in Jan.

Picked up a kindle fire for s&g's.

But do YOU have a RAZR or sticking it out w/ the x?

OP
A

Androidatic

Reaction score
Come on gang. I need some input. My upgrade is coming up Tuesday and I'm at a impasse. Razr or Nexus? I've messed with the razr a month or so ago and the phone was simply impressive and most of all, felt solid and did not feel bulky. It will fit in my skinny jeans pocket, nicely.

Is ICS that much better than GB? Is ICS coming to the Razr soon?

The best way is to go hands on with both. I walked into Verizon with my Razr receipt in hand fully prepared to exchange the Razr for the Nexus. I walked out with a case for my Razr.

ICS is awesome but not worth the sacrifice of build quality and radio quality. It's worth the wait for ICS on the Razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dustinslee

Reaction score
Using a galaxy nexus now and my razr is still better... if things don't change this baby is going back...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

mtnbst

Reaction score
I am hesitant in regards to the battery in the razr. Phones have a 250-300ish charge cycles. Your 1year early upgrade in 365 days. So like 65-80 days before you make it to your annual you are toting around an external battery pack. I guess we will see what happens...

Cor3yS

Reaction score
Dammit gn is out am I'm having second thoughts white razr does look pretty baller

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

713King

Reaction score
I don't think any of the new phones will ever compare to the OG Droid build quality, when it came out everyone was used to having crap plastic phones and complained of Droid being too heavy. and after that every phone has been toyish.

dustinslee

Reaction score
The razr is pretty solid feeling

pandabear

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I guess I must be in the minority- I returned my razr and bought a GN. Couldn't be happier.
Honestly though, the build quality really isn't that bad, the camera is fantastic and the removable battery is especially clutch (ordered the extended battery as well).
I'm sure the razr will be plenty nice once it gets its update to ICS, but until then- it's no contest between the two- GN hands down

powerwagon

Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea what you guys are smoking. I came from the Bionic and i would put build quality of the Nexus up with that. There is no plasticky feel to it at all. ICS eats touchwiz for lunch as far as I'm concerned...no lag, just butter smooth. Screen is sharp. I don't know if some of you have phone envy or buyers remorse or you just made a decision based on a demo unit (bad move). The only real negative I see at this point is the volume for alerts is not the greatest...hopefully there will be an update for that coming soon. Just my thoughts.

bullswife98

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I guess I must be in the minority- I returned my razr and bought a GN. Couldn't be happier.
Honestly though, the build quality really isn't that bad, the camera is fantastic and the removable battery is especially clutch (ordered the extended battery as well).
I'm sure the razr will be plenty nice once it gets its update to ICS, but until then- it's no contest between the two- GN hands down

To each their own.. I personally love my Razr! Samsung phones never worked for me. They come out the door fine and two weeks in crap out, either screen gets flaky or hardware falls apart or just completely shuts off for no reason. Have a whole drawer full of Samsung phones that my kids had to have. You can have them if you want. jk, I on the other hand have had nothing but moto's phones and never had issues with them..still have my OG droid1 runs fine and soon will be my daughters. She has a moto blur. Ya ancient! But still runs too. Just wants a nicer phone. Love my Razr and wouldn't give it up for nothing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I am hesitant in regards to the battery in the razr. Phones have a 250-300ish charge cycles. Your 1year early upgrade in 365 days. So like 65-80 days before you make it to your annual you are toting around an external battery pack. I guess we will see what happens...

I hear your concern, but not totally true. Below is a chart of the charging cycles for a LI battery. It was put through 1,000 cycles and at the end it was carry about 80% capacity against its original capacity. At 300 cycles, it was maybe 10% - 15% reduced.

Quote (Portable Batteries Cycle Performance):

[h=2]Lithium-ion[/h][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Figure 4 examines the capacity and internal resistance of lithium-ion. We observe a gentle and predictable capacity drop over 1,000 cycles while the internal resistance increases only slightly. Because of low readings, we omit self-discharge. Lithium-ion offers the highest specific energy among the above-mentioned chemistries, contains little or no toxic metals, but needs protection circuits to ensure safe operation. Li-ion is also more expensive to manufacture than the nickel-based equivalent.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Batteries tested in a laboratory environment tend to give better results than when used in the field; elements of stress in everyday use do not transfer well into the laboratory. Aging plays a minimal role in a lab because the batteries are cycled over a period of a few months rather than the expected service life of a few years. The temperature is often moderate and the batteries are charged with proper charge equipment, an advantage that the field cannot always claim.

cycle4.jpg
[/FONT]

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

The back of the RAZR is easy to take off. I did it with just my fingernails. Question is will someone make an extended battery for it....

Even with that lil revelation...I'm still getting the iTrent battery pack. At least 3x the mAh's for the price of 1 extended battery. And its smallish.

And both my Droid 1 and Droid X1 batteries havent crapped out or started losing charge. Got both last year: Droid 1 Mar, DX1 in July.

revelated

Reaction score
I am a RAZR owner. I actually got the RAZR to replace my Bionic for one reason: Verizon's games with the Nexus.

I don't like being strung along. I don't like piss-ant games either. I don't like them forcing Google to change the device. I don't like them subsequently delaying the device rather than just releasing it. So I bought the RAZR when I would otherwise not have - because I was really excited about the Nexus. And I actually do like the RAZR a lot. I was worried about the nonremovable, but I have not encountered a need to ever remove it. It doesn't lock up like the Bionic. I have only two complaints - the random screen darkening (fixed by screen-off-screen-on) and the Smart Actions misfiring (i.e. it is set to turn Wi-Fi on at a certain time, that time comes, the Smart Action is active, but Wi-Fi is not triggered. Fixed by restarting the service). Skipped the Rezound because I find it horrifically ugly, plus I'm sick of HTC.

Beyond that, I can only imagine ICS being simply amazing on the RAZR.

But the thing about it: Most people aren't praising the Nexus; they're praising ICS. The device itself is getting lambasted.

• Build quality? People hate it.
  • Lack of Gorilla Glass? People hate that too.
  • Battery life? Meh, not great.
  • Camera quality? Laughable.
  • SD Card? Nahhhh, who needs storage in this day and age of capped data?
  • USB Mass Storage? Bahh!!! Who needs to access the storage directly to copy large files in this day and age of capped data?
  • Google Wallet? Whyever would you want a free NFC app when you can pay for this ISIS garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.