RAZR still a top device?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by joshxdroid, Dec 12, 2012.

1. teksavag

teksavag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As a rooted user I have reservations concerning the RAZR. Its locked bootloader has plagued me since i got it and started to to tinker with it. Prior to rooting i had 4 RAZRs go bad on me in a row. Since then 5 more have failed me. Various things have gone wrong such as randomly bootlooping, a camera that was just a black screen, and 3 times the headphone jack stopped working... so i like it because I have learned all about it. But i hate it for obvious reasons.

2. joshxdroid

joshxdroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +56
    You've gone through 9 RAZR's in a year? No offense, but what are you doing to them?

3. Redsnk95

Redsnk95 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    No kidding, I understand hardware issues here and there but 9 of them? Geezzz

4. teksavag

teksavag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nada. I have been nothing but good to them. I've just had rotten luck and got some really bad eggs...

5. millerjy

millerjy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Verizon's "Like New" Policy.

It always seems with no matter what phone I have once the switch has been made to the "Like New" device it will take at least 3 before I find one that works right. Now I will just have to tough out the minor issues because I really like the Razr Maxx. 6 months no issues yet!

6. Ksupernor2

Ksupernor2 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Teksavag have any of the phones that Verizon replaced been rooted? I'm just curious how close they look at that. I just recently rooted and installed Google now using the method that you came up with.

7. teksavag

teksavag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes all of them had been rooted but I unrooted with voodoo ota rootkeeper app on a couple and recovered some completely to stock. The rest were in a boot loop and they wouldn't have been able to tell anyway.

8. jp233

jp233 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I definitely still think the RAZR and RAZR MAXX (the original XT912 devices) are top tier phones.

Motorola has been making radio hardware for a long time... they know what they are doing. Samsung is much more of a newbie in that respect, although they should be able to get better radio equipment into their top devices. I have heard of similar gripes about the Galaxy S2.

I would certainly take a RAZR HD or MAXX HD, but wouldn't want to re-up the 2 yr contract to do it. I would definitely trade mine for a Maxx XT912, just to get the battery life extended. However, now that I've figured out how to get the batter life into an acceptable state, I'm cool with this thing. I was previously getting really frustrated with it after I changed jobs and had it sitting there draining on 4G all day and was using it a good bit more during biz hours.

9. jimmib

jimmib New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't seen anything that will make me switch yet...besides all of the WOW advertising is to get people due for upgrade to buy-buy-buy...the maxx is the best smartphone I have owned so far...it is fast and dependable...can't wait for JB

10. AirJunky

AirJunky Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't miss my Razr Maxx in the least. The Maxx HD was a big improvement for me. :D

11. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    I had the maxx HD... not a big change.. idk how it is with jelly bean... but it wasn't much of a change.. it was snappier at first... then the one I had started crashing...

But the ones that work right are a little quicker than the maxx g1... I don't like the on screen buttons either... they take up too much realestate.. that's just me though.

12. RAZRmax

RAZRmax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hope mine lasts forever! Really love my RAZR.

Search tags for this page

gopayment not working on droid maxx

intuit card reader droid maxx

razr max and razr max hd

razr still the best

sd card has been secured by another device and cannot be acc