Razr Maxx, round four. FIGHT!

grn4frk

Reaction score
Why would anyone buy a new phone at full retail price every 3 months to begin with? If you're looking to spend money like that I can sell you prime ocean front property in Wyoming LOL

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR

I said three phones a year which is one every four months. The $1000 I mentioned was spent on two phones, I used my last annual upgrade on the Bionic on launch day for $340, and then I paid about $700 for the Razr (not including cases and screen protectors for each as well). I paid full price for the Razr because I could not stand the problems that my Bionic had and I was not about to accept a CLNR replacement for a phone that was $340 and two weeks old, not to mention the problems would not be fixed with a CLNR anyways. This year, it seemed like every 2-3 months, a new flagship for each manufacturer was introduced albeit they featured only marginal improvements. It makes customers mad when a company doesn’t put a lot of effort in a long term purchase product. Did Motorola build my Bionic to last me two years? Hell no. I’m sure it would have worked as phone for two years but would it keep up with the times? No, it was already outdated when it came out. It’s impossible for manufacturers to future proof a phone, yes, especially with the constant advancements made with them. However, instead of delaying the Bionic for months, redesigning it etc., they should have just came out with the Razr. For example, they knew screens and battery life were important to people, they already had the Razr screen finalized when they produced the Bionic but instead they chose to produce a phone that was already outdated with an inferior screen and tons of radio problems, market it as “the machine that rules all machines” yet, less than two months later, it got “ruled” by the Razr and again two months later after the razr launch, the MAXX is already on sale. I just find it annoying that Motorola and others cannot seem to make a phone that is good for longer than two months. I would much rather pay $299 for a phone that won’t be outclassed by the same manufacturer two months later that is not filled with huge bugs that affect everyday usability (Bionic radios) and that has top notch hardware. It might be outdone in a few months but a 1.5ghz processor versus 1.2 doesn’t matter to me. However, a phone with a working radio, camera and better screen do. What I meant is if manufacturers keep pulling the new phone every two months thing, who is going to buy them? Obviously tons of people become eligible for an upgrade everyday but not everyone is going to buy the newest $300 phone, a lot of them are going to buy last months flagship phone for $200 and only the affluent tech savvy people are going to keep buying the newest phone every few months. I don’t plan on buying a new phone at least until this summer (if there is something that majorly trumps my razr). In my opinion, the only thing the razr lacks is NFC (no big deal for me atm) and a real HD screen, and maybe a bigger battery..oh wait. So anyways the point of this long rant is I want my annual upgrade back lol. It would lessen the effect of buyers remorse and keep me a little happier knowing I can upgrade again in 12 months versus two years. If they did this, I imagine they would have less phone calls *****ing for a newer phone because they just bought this one. just my two cents.

bogginblazer

Reaction score
I said three phones a year which is one every four months. The $1000 I mentioned was spent on two phones, I used my last annual upgrade on the Bionic on launch day for $340, and then I paid about $700 for the Razr (not including cases and screen protectors for each as well). I paid full price for the Razr because I could not stand the problems that my Bionic had and I was not about to accept a CLNR replacement for a phone that was $340 and two weeks old, not to mention the problems would not be fixed with a CLNR anyways. This year, it seemed like every 2-3 months, a new flagship for each manufacturer was introduced albeit they featured only marginal improvements. It makes customers mad when a company doesn’t put a lot of effort in a long term purchase product. Did Motorola build my Bionic to last me two years? Hell no. I’m sure it would have worked as phone for two years but would it keep up with the times? No, it was already outdated when it came out. It’s impossible for manufacturers to future proof a phone, yes, especially with the constant advancements made with them. However, instead of delaying the Bionic for months, redesigning it etc., they should have just came out with the Razr. For example, they knew screens and battery life were important to people, they already had the Razr screen finalized when they produced the Bionic but instead they chose to produce a phone that was already outdated with an inferior screen and tons of radio problems, market it as “the machine that rules all machines” yet, less than two months later, it got “ruled” by the Razr and again two months later after the razr launch, the MAXX is already on sale. I just find it annoying that Motorola and others cannot seem to make a phone that is good for longer than two months. I would much rather pay $299 for a phone that won’t be outclassed by the same manufacturer two months later that is not filled with huge bugs that affect everyday usability (Bionic radios) and that has top notch hardware. It might be outdone in a few months but a 1.5ghz processor versus 1.2 doesn’t matter to me. However, a phone with a working radio, camera and better screen do. What I meant is if manufacturers keep pulling the new phone every two months thing, who is going to buy them? Obviously tons of people become eligible for an upgrade everyday but not everyone is going to buy the newest $300 phone, a lot of them are going to buy last months flagship phone for $200 and only the affluent tech savvy people are going to keep buying the newest phone every few months. I don’t plan on buying a new phone at least until this summer (if there is something that majorly trumps my razr). In my opinion, the only thing the razr lacks is NFC (no big deal for me atm) and a real HD screen, and maybe a bigger battery..oh wait. So anyways the point of this long rant is I want my annual upgrade back lol. It would lessen the effect of buyers remorse and keep me a little happier knowing I can upgrade again in 12 months versus two years. If they did this, I imagine they would have less phone calls *****ing for a newer phone because they just bought this one. just my two cents.

The only thing I don't like about this whole thing. Is that they knew that the battery was insufficient when I put the phone out. Then I come out with a razor max. Prior to the razor I had a droid x. Which was not a problem for me I love that phone. What does battery issue is just pissing me off. I dont erstand why does my with the max first. Then everyone would love there phone. What good is the thinnest smartphone when you can't do anything with it. 5 hours on battery life come on now. I can even get through a full work day without the battery dying on me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
We have become a society of people with are thumbs tapping and staring at little screens. I challenge anybody to call a contact and talk for 3 minutes versus texting or emailing the same conversation and compare battery usage. 3 minutes without the screen blaring versus 10 minutes with the screen blaring at minimum brightness will undoubtedly eat more battery, to convey the same content. Don't let the battery run your life.
IMO people that can't manage a definite resource (I.e. battery life) probably can't manage the rest of their lives.

robert70

Reaction score
I just read through all 7 pages, and it seems to me that someone needs a tampon.

xtor

Reaction score
+1 robert70, like they told my daughter in daycare, YOU GET WHAT YOU GET, DON'T THROW A FIT

you've been sliced by droid razr

pinoy_92

Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about this whole thing. Is that they knew that the battery was insufficient when I put the phone out. Then I come out with a razor max. Prior to the razor I had a droid x. Which was not a problem for me I love that phone. What does battery issue is just pissing me off. I dont erstand why does my with the max first. Then everyone would love there phone. What good is the thinnest smartphone when you can't do anything with it. 5 hours on battery life come on now. I can even get through a full work day without the battery dying on me.

first of all this comment isnt only directed at you, its for everyone else who is complaining about their droid razr

Second, you lost me in the the second sentence. And B, its all about marketing. do you really think motorola (and verizon) really care about their customers? maybe next time you will look in to the stuff you buy first before you actually purchase it. that will might lessen the disappointment a little bit.

IMO people that can't manage a definite resource (I.e. battery life) probably can't manage the rest of their lives.

you are the one.
matrix_neo.jpg

Zandar

Reaction score
So, the battery in the RAZR sucks? It sucks so badly, apparently, that it was the #1 battery for an LTE phone until the Maxx came out, which is essentially a RAZR with a bigger battery.

I can't tell if people are trolling, or just . . .

6830721.jpg

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Is this what your trying to say? Lmao

sent from my RAZR MAXX

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1328734617548.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328734617548.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 275

Ansa82

Reaction score
gee, if there wasn't a problem, then why would they release one with a larger battery? Just trying surfing or playing a game or actually using the phone for more than two hours - oh wait, half the nay-sayers above admitted they don't own Razrs. Why do you nexus people troll our forum anyway?

Um I easily get 14 hours of battery life. my razr is awesome!

Reaction score
I've gone a few rounds with Verizon over trying to get the Razr swopped for the Maxx. Needless to say, they aren't budging. My argument is basically we purchased a defective phone. Moto knew the battery was light and so has released the bigger one but we're stuck in contract. Verizon says, yep! We sold you the phone and can't take it back past 14 days. We didn't know the Maxx was coming out so it's Moto's fault not Verizon.

They also said they haven't gotten calls from people about this issue. I find that odd but I wanted to encourage people to do so. Specifically, I spoke to Tamika at 813-290-6000 ext. 3822. I suggest people call her and ask why Verizon is stabbing its customers in the back.

Verizon knew about the Maxx by at least mid-December - when people could have exchanged their phones. They chose to hold this knowledge and continue selling the defective Razr leaving their customers in the dust.

gimme a break. you knew the battery life of the razr before you bought it. at least you should have. i don't like vzw, but have to side with them on this one.

Blossom151

Reaction score
Come on~its a freaking smart phone~a mini computer(or close to it)...how can anyone expect to get x amount of hours out of a phone that is this fast,this thin, plus 4g while spending x amount of time on it,running x amount of apps?
And if u got a dud of a phone~its not Verizon's fault~its the manufacturer~yes its their decision to make on replacements~ but if i was in their shoes and someone called with a load of attitude and other! !!~heck no~I wouldn't..I have been lucky~or maybe its been my politeness~like yesterday I had to call because,yes,my phone it a dud, last week or so the battery will read at 10% or20% just after being on the charger in my car or at home. As well as getting no network(not even 3g) in spots that have never had problems.. not to mention the dang thing locking when I am either in a app,reading a book,on the internet and worst of all when using navigation....like right now, I have it on the charger~but its saying its not charging...... I spent about an hour on the phone going over EVERYTHING that might fix these issues, come to find out my phone won't update....so Monday I should get the replacement...
Now, I did find out that you can turn in your phone and they'll give like $150 visa card...b/c I asked about the Maxx~
I could use one of my kids upgrades(no way are they getting a smart phone) and pay the new 2 year price(249?) And use the visa card for my phone. But I'm just gonna see if getting this replacement with the new update will work...

Just be nice~just because someone is nasty to you~doesn't mean you have to be nasty others~I'm just sayin

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
Well, damn......add my phone to the junk pile too......

On battery power for about 13 hours and my battery has 60% remaining.

If that is a crappy battery, I don't know what is!! LOL

Blossom151

Reaction score
O and I forgot to mention~when I first got my RazR~ in november~I dropped it in the dogs water! Totally freaked out. But all I did was dried it off and left it alone~ worked like charm~just until lately....I love the RazR!!!!♥