Razr Maxx, round four. FIGHT!

R

RETG

I've gone a few rounds with Verizon over trying to get the Razr swopped for the Maxx. Needless to say, they aren't budging. My argument is basically we purchased a defective phone. Moto knew the battery was light and so has released the bigger one but we're stuck in contract. Verizon says, yep! We sold you the phone and can't take it back past 14 days. We didn't know the Maxx was coming out so it's Moto's fault not Verizon.

They also said they haven't gotten calls from people about this issue. I find that odd but I wanted to encourage people to do so. Specifically, I spoke to Tamika at 813-290-6000 ext. 3822. I suggest people call her and ask why Verizon is stabbing its customers in the back.

Verizon knew about the Maxx by at least mid-December - when people could have exchanged their phones. They chose to hold this knowledge and continue selling the defective Razr leaving their customers in the dust.

DrPhil.jpg

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Had the daiperbag phone (corded handset), motorcycle sized battery interest bag with the electronics, motos 8000 was a step backwards except for the size.
Point being as a phone (how hard does PHONE need to be emphasize) my razr rocks. As should yours.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Used to sell the "Bag Phones" when I worked at Bell Atlantic Mobile. They were some banging portable phones. FULL 3 WATTS of power in a shoulder bag. Try placing your head next to THAT antenna. You'd get Cancer in just a few minutes~LOL!

They were essentially the full car install kit and they simply took some plastic and formed a 3-sided box around the transmitter, then placed a handset cradle and antenna on it. I used to love the flip-up car antenna inside! The Cigarette Lighter Adapter doubled as the charger while in the car.

Motorolabagbig.jpg

Oh, by the way that's a LEAD ACID battery! Lead is NOT light. These things together weighed about 4 pounds.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

I've had my phone number for over 17 years (got it when I worked at Bell Atlantic Mobile along with 3 other phone numbers - all matching). Back then, Bell Atlantic Mobile used to send the allocation of phone numbers to us monthly on printed lists! We actually assigned the phone number to the client and then would call the ESN and phone number into Bell Atlantic Mobile to activate the phone. When I got the next month's list I looked at the numbers and decided I was taking the top number of each of the first 4 100 number lists allocated.

Funny...I didn't realize until just this very moment that...

that the last 4 digits of my phone number matches the model number of the very first Portable Cellular Phone, Motorola's 8000X... My RAZR's phone number is ###-###-8000, the wife's is ###-###-8100, the son's is ###-###-8200, and my deceased mother's number was ###-###-8300! :blink: I had to let the last number go after mom's death, but I still have the other three matching numbers.

Now there's customer loyalty! WE LOVE YOU MOTOROLA! Oh, and yeah...We love Verizon Wireless too...4G dropouts and all.

xtor

Reaction score
I thought this was the razr forum? , what are all these gnex and bionics doing here? Razr envy maybe

I miss my x, my droid x

Kimo91

Reaction score
All I can say is.. WOW. Why must people b!tch about their phones SO much. If you don't like the phone you shouldn't have bought it. It's not Motorola's or Verizon's fault that YOU bought your razr without researching it first. Don't blame others because you are an impulsive shopper.. btw I am diggin that razr (even though I don't have one). I have an upgrade saved for whatever device I see fit next.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

+1. I swear so many buyers remorse going around especially over a battery.

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR

Reaction score
i had a laundry list of probs with my bionic, and dumped it for the GN. however, your complaint is the battery life. you purchased the razr knowing full well the battery life of it after using it during the 14 day trial period. of course vzw isn't just going to let you and everyone else return and upgrade to a new phone a month or two later, that would put them out of business.

if you're mad, be mad at moto. they released the first razr while obviously having the maxx available, despite their CEO's claims "that he just thought of it".

vatothe0

Reaction score
gee, if there wasn't a problem, then why would they release one with a larger battery? Just trying surfing or playing a game or actually using the phone for more than two hours - oh wait, half the nay-sayers above admitted they don't own Razrs. Why do you nexus people troll our forum anyway?

So any phone that has a first party extended battery available is considered defective? Sounds like 90% of phones are defective then....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Blossom151

Reaction score
I say if u paid all that money, because you had to have the phone, y not buy a few chargers while ur at it?...goodness I'm so glad I'm not in customer service any more...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
My RAZR's phone number is ###-###-8000, the wife's is ###-###-8100, the son's is ###-###-8200, and my deceased mother's number was ###-###-8300! :blink: I had to let the last number go after mom's death, but I still have the other three matching numbers.

You bring the definition of 'nerd' to a new level - and I mean that in the best of all possible ways. :p

JRParsons

Reaction score
@foxkat I had those same numbers on my nextels 10 years ago. 8000,8001 etc.

My VW # was also one I chose, I didn't have the benefit of working for the reseller, so the best I could get was xxx-xxx-3456. This was done around 1992/1993. I remember the guy saying "all the really good numbers get taken by employees"

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
@foxkat I had those same numbers on my nextels 10 years ago. 8000,8001 etc.

My VW # was also one I chose, I didn't have the benefit of working for the reseller, so the best I could get was xxx-xxx-3456. This was done around 1992/1993. I remember the guy saying "all the really good numbers get taken by employees"

That's pretty funny. What are the odds that two of us would have 8000 numbers? One in 10,000 I guess...pretty slim. Because my phone number looks like a business and a local pharmacy's phone number is 1 digit off on the exchange :blink:, I love when I get calls from people who mis-dial looking for the nearby Pharmacy, or from Doctors calling in the prescriptions.

satarecah

Reaction score
This whole thread burns my eyes x.x my razr isn't defective and if you wan't the max so bad sell your razr for 400 bucks and BAM there you go...... k thnx bai.

grn4frk

Reaction score
How do you think I feel? I bought the Bionic launch day (sep 8th), then the razr in December (couldn't stand all the Bionic problems) and now the MAXX is out lol. I believe the Bionic to Razr is more bothersome to me as it had a little better hardware and different form factor etc. The only difference the MAXX has over the RAZR is a bigger battery..same software/hardware(excluding batt) so you can't call a phone 'defective' because the battery isn't as big as a newer phone. I wish I could get a MAXX as well but I already have the RAZR...why upgrade to the same phone with the same specs for a bigger battery? In 2 months, you'll be calling Verizon again to get the Droid RAZR 2 and so on so fourth. They can't afford to give you a new phone everytime a better one comes out or one with a bigger battery. It just sucks with how fast mobile tech evolves. The good news is that Moto/HTC (maybe more?) announced that they're focusing on building a few high quality phones versus a new one every month with tons of bugs that takes months to get fixed. On a side note, I don't understand why carriers are picking up more phones and taking away our annual upgrades...not everyone can afford to buy 3 phones every year just to keep up. I spent $1000 on phones in the past 4 months alone just to get one that works, aka razr. They're moving everything to the cloud yet take away Unlimited Data. Thankfully, I am grandfathered in Unlimited.

Kimo91

Reaction score
How do you think I feel? I bought the Bionic launch day (sep 8th), then the razr in December (couldn't stand all the Bionic problems) and now the MAXX is out lol. I believe the Bionic to Razr is more bothersome to me as it had a little better hardware and different form factor etc. The only difference the MAXX has over the RAZR is a bigger battery..same software/hardware(excluding batt) so you can't call a phone 'defective' because the battery isn't as big as a newer phone. I wish I could get a MAXX as well but I already have the RAZR...why upgrade to the same phone with the same specs for a bigger battery? In 2 months, you'll be calling Verizon again to get the Droid RAZR 2 and so on so fourth. They can't afford to give you a new phone everytime a better one comes out or one with a bigger battery. It just sucks with how fast mobile tech evolves. The good news is that Moto/HTC (maybe more?) announced that they're focusing on building a few high quality phones versus a new one every month with tons of bugs that takes months to get fixed. On a side note, I don't understand why carriers are picking up more phones and taking away our annual upgrades...not everyone can afford to buy 3 phones every year just to keep up. I spent $1000 on phones in the past 4 months alone just to get one that works, aka razr. They're moving everything to the cloud yet take away Unlimited Data. Thankfully, I am grandfathered in Unlimited.

Why would anyone buy a new phone at full retail price every 3 months to begin with? If you're looking to spend money like that I can sell you prime ocean front property in Wyoming LOL

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR