Razr 2.3.6 update known issues

blackchevy551st

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Verizon. Called to discuss battery issues, I am a very light user, no gps, no 4g, no bluetooth. I was getting a full 2 days (48 hours) on my new Razr until I updated to 2.3.6 then I am lucky to get 7-8 hours. The Verizon rep. told me that the issue was a "known issue" and Verion and Motorala are working together to create a fix for the problem. She also said I could get an app "battery tracer" that would tell me what was draining the battery. I responded to that, In settings under battery you can check to see what is draining the battery, She said yes that true, but battery tracer might help. I then asked how long would it take to fix, she said she could not give any time line. So with all that being said, all of us that bought the Razr knowing the battery was an issue to begin with, we took that chance when we bought the phone. But we didn't buy a phone that was broken, or one that when broke due to manufactures defect would not be fixed. I still love my Razr but hate my battery life. I have been a Verizon customer for 14 years, never been so disappointed with verizon.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
"Known" issue"? Really? It's not something I "knew", lol. Mine still lasts about 7 hours with heavy usage, just like before the update. Sorry. No battery issues here.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Known by whom? I have the same great battery life 12-14 hours with 50% after heavy to moderate use.

beaton3344

Reaction score
Great battery life here... Can't complain.. Must be an app you have running.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
I want a droid razr or droid 4 with light usage 5 hours and heavy use less than 3 hours! My battery life sucks.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

Zandar

Reaction score
17+ hours of medium use on 3G easy; around 10+ hours of medium use on 4G. You guys with poor battery life definitely have some app issues. If anything, battery life has improved with the update (on 4G, at least).

Sliced from my RAZR

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I don't have issues with the battery either. A 4G phone is going to have quick battery drain, but that's what you get for new technology. That being said, i can get 10-12 hours of use and my phone is my lifeline. :)

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
No issues here either. Awesome battery life. First I have heard of this.

Never ceases to amaze me how VZW seems to know about little known issues. But with major known issues they always say it is the first time they are hearing of it.

Tap'd to the Maxx

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
No issues here either. Awesome battery life. First I have heard of this.

Never ceases to amaze me how VZW seems to know about little known issues. But with major known issues they always say it is the first time they are hearing of it.

Tap'd to the Maxx

No kidding, last month when I went in the Verizon store and asked about all the 4g drop outs and they never heard of it!

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

hyperlite456

Reaction score
Dude, no offense but sounds to me that you need to relax.

First of all, if she's telling you to download battery tracer as a solution, she most likely isn't the most valuable Verizon employee.
With that being said, this "known issue" she's telling you about most likely is the one that HAS been an issue with the Droid Razr.

If you were getting 2 FULL days on your Razr before, it sounds to me that you don't even use your phone, period.
If I had your phone in my hand right now, I'd first look at your battery usage in the "about phone," then check for how many widgets you're using, what apps you've downloaded (and are running), which syncs are setup ongoing, if your verizon backup (and all that other verizon crap bloatware) were activated after the update, and so on. There's several things that could have caused your problem.

I just don't see why it's necessary to bring down a company based on ONE Verizon Wireless Rep and your phone.

edit: not that other verizon wireless reps know the answer, but that's besides the point. Do research.

Last edited:

senker

Reaction score
Perhaps its time for a factory reset and only have apps installed that you use.

Revans310

Reaction score
I have to say this is the first Phone to not have any Problems. DancingNexus

bullswife98

Reaction score
I have amazing battery life!! 9hrs,27min,and 35sec. And still at 90%. No lie!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums