Razr 2.3.6 update known issues

bubbasmith58

Reaction score
I have been getting twice the battery life on 4g since the update.

Maybe you could try shutting your phone off and only turn it on when you need to make a call. THE BATTERY LIFE IS INSANE! NO JOKE!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

pookie

Reaction score
I routinely get 24 hours on my Razr. If I knew how to take a screen shot I would show it. I use my device but not all the time. It doesn't last all day when playing pandora thru stereo bluetooth but other than that a full day is no problem. I check my facebook frequently as I run a club through our fb page, do emails and texting. Might want to check certain apps. Other than that I don't understand the battery issues on droids. My old droid X got a full day too. Out I.T. guy in work rooted his droid X and gets 3 days from a stock battery.
Oh, for the record, Verizon gave me the Razr after the Bionic had more issues than anybody should ever have. Got the bionic update to solve connectivity issues and connectivity got worse!

Last edited:

fatboy370

Reaction score
Re: Battery life sucks

Without changing anything on my razr except the OS update, my battery life went from lasting close to a day & a half with light usage before the update to lasting 6 hours with almost no usage after the update. Really frustrating.

ltcalex

Reaction score
Without changing anything on my razr except the OS update, my battery life went from lasting close to a day & a half with light usage before the update to lasting 6 hours with almost no usage after the update. Really frustrating.
From what you have posted, there doesn't appear to be a way to trobleshoot your smartphone. I purchased a RAZR in January and use Smart Actions aloong with Juicedefender. I get between 15 - -20 hours per day and then have 10-15% battery left.

Whammer999

Reaction score
I just got my Razr yesterday and noticed that there was an update available today. I downloaded and installed it and it shows that the version is 2.3.6 now. When the screen locked due to inactivity is when something happened. When I went to use the phone I now get a message on my phone saying "The SIM card was recently removed, sign into your account to verify identiy" I try loging in but it says its wrong. I cant do anything with the phone when its like this.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I turn my data off every time I'm not checking my email

I rarely ever use my internet.

Phone gets 9 hours at the very most.

Zandar

Reaction score
Getting poor battery life with the RAZR post update is obviously not normal. Please try the myriad of suggestions posted in this thread if you're having issues. If you haven't tried them, you're just complaining. No offense, but it frustrates me when people are given a correct answer but would rather continue asking the same question. Are you here for a solution or just to complain?

Sliced from my RAZR

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
May I make a suggestion? Plug your charger I'm and then power down the phone. Leave it on charge this way until the phone reaches 100% as indicated by the large animated battery. Then use it till it signals "low battery" and charge normally from there on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

fatboy370

Reaction score
update

Thanks all for all suggestions. I tried everything suggested, and even did a hard reset and didnt reinstall anything but contacts. I ran on cdma only, turned off wifi and bluetooth, dropped all widgets,and ran for a day in safe mode. All to no avail. Called verizon tech support and they opened a case witb motorola. After a week or two, when no cause could be found, they sent a warrany replacement with same os version. First day with new device i got better than double the battery life out of the box without initial charge (arrived with about 75,percent charge). I must have have gotten a bad ota or there was a problem with my device during installation. New device works great now though.

Xil

Reaction score
Ain't gonna happen. Maybe with light to no use.
Unless you have a Maxx.

LEARN TO USE SMART ACTIONS! I can get 19 hrs easy on moderate/semi-heavy use. All you have to do is be smart about how your phone is set up...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks all for all suggestions. I tried everything suggested, and even did a hard reset and didnt reinstall anything but contacts. I ran on cdma only, turned off wifi and bluetooth, dropped all widgets,and ran for a day in safe mode. All to no avail. Called verizon tech support and they opened a case witb motorola. After a week or two, when no cause could be found, they sent a warrany replacement with same os version. First day with new device i got better than double the battery life out of the box without initial charge (arrived with about 75,percent charge). I must have have gotten a bad ota or there was a problem with my device during installation. New device works great now though.

Judging from this post can I assume that the 75% charge out of the box was what it displayed when you plugged it in to charge the very first time before powering it up and beginning the setup procedures? ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

huskur

Reaction score
No issues here either. Awesome battery life. First I have heard of this.

Never ceases to amaze me how VZW seems to know about little known issues. But with major known issues they always say it is the first time they are hearing of it.

Tap'd to the Maxx

Gremlin, you have the Maxx as do I. They are under discussion about the OG Razr

huskur

Reaction score
LEARN TO USE SMART ACTIONS! I can get 19 hrs easy on moderate/semi-heavy use. All you have to do is be smart about how your phone is set up...

You should be able to use the phone the way it is meant to be used. Not turn off everything and let the phone dictate your lifestyle. That would suck. I am sure i would get plenty to agree that 6-10 hours of normal usage battery life is for the birds

ultra09hd

Reaction score
Ain't gonna happen. Maybe with light to no use.
Unless you have a Maxx.

Had 14+ on mine, still more than %70 charge with moderate use, wifi..web surfing, etc...smart actions are the key.

Last edited:

marius357

Reaction score
I would think that setting up smart actions is actually the exact opposite of letting the phone dictate your life. It is setting the phone up to get the most out of the phone around your life. There is no real reason to not use them, and they came with the phone, so in my mind that is actually using the phone the way it is intended. It also simplifies the use of the phone so much, no longer do I have to remember to set the ringer to vibrate when I am at work or in class, it automatically does it. I don't have to think to cut my notifications off at night so I can sleep(but still get emergency calls from the ones I actually would want). I don't have to think about cutting off background data when I am on WiFi.