Razr 2.3.6 update known issues

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by blackchevy551st, Feb 16, 2012.

1. senker

senker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps its time for a factory reset and only have apps installed that you use.

2. Revans310

Revans310 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to say this is the first Phone to not have any Problems. DancingNexus

3. bullswife98

bullswife98 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I have amazing battery life!! 9hrs,27min,and 35sec. And still at 90%. No lie!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

4. bubbasmith58

bubbasmith58 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been getting twice the battery life on 4g since the update.

Maybe you could try shutting your phone off and only turn it on when you need to make a call. THE BATTERY LIFE IS INSANE! NO JOKE!!

5. pookie

pookie New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I routinely get 24 hours on my Razr. If I knew how to take a screen shot I would show it. I use my device but not all the time. It doesn't last all day when playing pandora thru stereo bluetooth but other than that a full day is no problem. I check my facebook frequently as I run a club through our fb page, do emails and texting. Might want to check certain apps. Other than that I don't understand the battery issues on droids. My old droid X got a full day too. Out I.T. guy in work rooted his droid X and gets 3 days from a stock battery.
    Oh, for the record, Verizon gave me the Razr after the Bionic had more issues than anybody should ever have. Got the bionic update to solve connectivity issues and connectivity got worse!

#17 pookie, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  6. fatboy370

fatboy370 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: Battery life sucks

Without changing anything on my razr except the OS update, my battery life went from lasting close to a day & a half with light usage before the update to lasting 6 hours with almost no usage after the update. Really frustrating.

7. ltcalex

ltcalex Member

Ratings:
    +1
    From what you have posted, there doesn't appear to be a way to trobleshoot your smartphone. I purchased a RAZR in January and use Smart Actions aloong with Juicedefender. I get between 15 - -20 hours per day and then have 10-15% battery left.

8. Whammer999

Whammer999 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my Razr yesterday and noticed that there was an update available today. I downloaded and installed it and it shows that the version is 2.3.6 now. When the screen locked due to inactivity is when something happened. When I went to use the phone I now get a message on my phone saying "The SIM card was recently removed, sign into your account to verify identiy" I try loging in but it says its wrong. I cant do anything with the phone when its like this.

9. nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    Nonnasmyladie
    I turn my data off every time I'm not checking my email

I rarely ever use my internet.

Phone gets 9 hours at the very most.

10. Zandar

Zandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Getting poor battery life with the RAZR post update is obviously not normal. Please try the myriad of suggestions posted in this thread if you're having issues. If you haven't tried them, you're just complaining. No offense, but it frustrates me when people are given a correct answer but would rather continue asking the same question. Are you here for a solution or just to complain?

Sliced from my RAZR

11. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,270
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    May I make a suggestion? Plug your charger I'm and then power down the phone. Leave it on charge this way until the phone reaches 100% as indicated by the large animated battery. Then use it till it signals "low battery" and charge normally from there on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

12. fatboy370

fatboy370 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    update

Thanks all for all suggestions. I tried everything suggested, and even did a hard reset and didnt reinstall anything but contacts. I ran on cdma only, turned off wifi and bluetooth, dropped all widgets,and ran for a day in safe mode. All to no avail. Called verizon tech support and they opened a case witb motorola. After a week or two, when no cause could be found, they sent a warrany replacement with same os version. First day with new device i got better than double the battery life out of the box without initial charge (arrived with about 75,percent charge). I must have have gotten a bad ota or there was a problem with my device during installation. New device works great now though.

Search tags for this page
known issue with droid razr
latest razr phone update issues with bluetooth

motorola droid razr known problems

razr 2.3.6 update 4g problems