Razr Maxx, round four. FIGHT!

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by armus, Jan 26, 2012.

1. armus

armus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've gone a few rounds with Verizon over trying to get the Razr swopped for the Maxx. Needless to say, they aren't budging. My argument is basically we purchased a defective phone. Moto knew the battery was light and so has released the bigger one but we're stuck in contract. Verizon says, yep! We sold you the phone and can't take it back past 14 days. We didn't know the Maxx was coming out so it's Moto's fault not Verizon.

They also said they haven't gotten calls from people about this issue. I find that odd but I wanted to encourage people to do so. Specifically, I spoke to Tamika at 813-290-6000 ext. 3822. I suggest people call her and ask why Verizon is stabbing its customers in the back.

Verizon knew about the Maxx by at least mid-December - when people could have exchanged their phones. They chose to hold this knowledge and continue selling the defective Razr leaving their customers in the dust.

2. WestOkid

WestOkid Active Member

Ratings:
    +31
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hail

Hail Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my Maxx and exchanged the Razr on the 16th a day after it was supposed to be returned ..... battery is sweet so far ...

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using DroidForums

4. razortaz18

razortaz18 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Sounds like someone just wants "the new phone". You bought the Razr knowing what size the battery was. Just buy an extended battery. Oh wait. :) When the first Android 5.0 phone comes out, I'm telling Verizon I want it because 4.0 is defective.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. Zandar

Zandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +34
    I purchased my RAZR knowing it had very competitive battery life out of the box. It's tested better than the Rezound and Galaxy Nexus, not to mention the Thunderbolt. Why would we say that it was a back-stabbing pack of lies when Motorola managed to make a highly competitive battery in a form thinner than those it beat out in battery life? Should Maxx owners call up and complain that their phone is too thick? GNex/Rezound/T-Bolt owners that their battery life is an insult?

This is ridiculous. You knew the phone and the terms when you bought it. If you don't want to be jealous of a new handset coming out, either wait to purchase or don't read tech news after you do purchase. Or you could, you know, be realistic about things and not so entitled. No one ripped you off.

• Like Like x 4
  6. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    ^Exactly...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

• Like Like x 1
  7. GeneralZod

GeneralZod Member

Ratings:
    +7
    There are no where near as many complaints about battery life here, as there are in the GNex forum. So if you're trying to make the argument that the RAZR's battery is defective, what 4G phone is it defective when compared to?

• Like Like x 2
  8. armus

armus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    gee, if there wasn't a problem, then why would they release one with a larger battery? Just trying surfing or playing a game or actually using the phone for more than two hours - oh wait, half the nay-sayers above admitted they don't own Razrs. Why do you nexus people troll our forum anyway?

9. Zandar

Zandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Did they discontinue the first one? Does the OG DRAZR no longer have the best battery of a 4G phone, apart from the Maxx?

It's OK to admit when you're wrong. In fact, it might even make you a better person.

10. razortaz18

razortaz18 Member

Ratings:
    +2

For the same reason Apple released the iPh*ne 4S. To make more money. There was nothing "wrong" with the iPh*ne 4. The Droid Razr is OLD news. :) It's been out for almost two months now. They need to continue sales.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

11. debrad0307

debrad0307 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    All I can say is.. WOW. Why must people b!tch about their phones SO much. If you don't like the phone you shouldn't have bought it. It's not Motorola's or Verizon's fault that YOU bought your razr without researching it first. Don't blame others because you are an impulsive shopper.. btw I am diggin that razr (even though I don't have one). I have an upgrade saved for whatever device I see fit next.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

• Like Like x 1
  12. iguanad

iguanad Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Smaller thinner battery doesn't mean it is defective. Still way better than my Droid 2 Global.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page
3 ninjas knuckle up

bag phone

bag phone pics
bag phones
how do i sync my droid maxx with rhapsody
maxx phone
motorola bag car phone
motorola bag phone
motorola bag phones
the one matrix