Random reboots / crashing

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by SitSamBry, Jul 9, 2011.

1. trancemission

trancemission New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im on my second droid 3 and it has already rebooted 5 times today. I wiped out my SD card a few days ago and that seemed to help for about a day. But now its back to rebooting.

Id say it reboots every few hours. Doesnt matter if Im on a call or its just sitting on my desk at work. I cant figure this out.

2. trancemission

trancemission New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    make that six times

3. Johnnyb

Johnnyb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried a factory reset/data wipe. Then, when you enter your Google credentials don't sync the phone with your account for apps. Don't keep it in sync either. Just add apps as you need them.

I know this is an ugly work-around but it does seem to work until they get us a patch.

4. trancemission

trancemission New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ill try that Johnny, thanks!

I would assume Motorola is aware of this?

5. Stik

Stik New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on my second D3. The first I returned because of a charging port issue. That one rebooted once on the first day and my second hasn't rebooted at all. Google Nav locked up while I was driving which caused me to pull the battery but no reboots as of yet. I'm sure Moto will fix most of these issues with an update and create more :)

6. trancemission

trancemission New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I did a full factory reset, wiped the phone and the SD card. In some ways Im kinda glad I did it....there were a bunch of apps I didnt really use so it was nice to start off with a clean slate.

So far its been good......:fingerscrossed:

7. Invader DJ

Invader DJ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the same rebooting issue. Three reboots in five days. Called Verizon about it and made some noise just to make sure they are aware of it and push Moto for an update ASAP.

Going to swap it out today at Verizon store to see if that helps any. Since this is an obvious widespread issue (along with the issue of unusually high cell standby battery usage) hopefully it will be patched by a modem update quickly.

8. alynch

alynch New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a few issues with reboots, none of which are 100% reproducible, but aren't quite the frequency that others have reported.

They occur semi-regularly when switching from Camera to Camcorder, and vice-versa (regardless if storage is Internal or External SD). It is to the point I'm a bit careful when using the camera.

And with the advent of Netflix, every single time I load a video, the device reboots.

(For those keeping score at home, I did sync with Google for Apps, but none came down. I migrated from Sprint with an Epic 4G, and that didn't sync. I'm also using Launcher Pro.)

9. aramos87

aramos87 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am also on my second D3 the first one rebooted very frequently at random times within the first 3 days I had it and the one I have now seems to reboot when I open the keyboard quickly, or lock the screen then wake it suddenly. Hope Moto gets a grasp on this new SW, or else its bye bye D3, and Ill wait for something that works.

10. apotheosis415

apotheosis415 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Me too!

I am on the exact same page as you. Same issues. But I get reboots all the time. I'm using stock blur, no launcher pro. That left a sour taste in my mouth on my d1 with redraw issues. The green screen is less of an occurrence now. BUt the reboots still plague me. I read that someone thinks its an data to wifi swap back that causes it which is exactly what occurs in my office all the time. being in a basement and all. sigh...hope an OTA patch fixes this ish. Not in the mood to deal with a refund and replacement.

11. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my droid has been fine for a week until today its rebooted on me about 5 times on its own.

12. apotheosis415

apotheosis415 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Really annoying

I'm on #3 for today. Had 4 yesterday. This is getting really annoying. Not to mention even with the phone on silent, it'll reboot and go "Drooooid"

Very fun during a meeting.

Search tags for this page
android crash reboot
bionic little hand icon“ camera app
cableone.net mail
droid 3 crashed

droid 3 unstable

droid three browser is crashing
toshiba crashed page says to reboot
toshiba thrive crash reboot
toshiba thrive is rebooting randomly
why tecno d3 is rebooting itself and hanging