Pull out Keyboard question

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Why did I read this thread? One more thing to look at. My bottom row does have a slight slant to it. Measured as best I can with a caliper the lower edge is about 0.006 lower than the top edge. Looking closer the top row is slanted the other way but only about half that amount. I will never be able to type the same way again.

I have also noticed my phone seems heavier after I download several attachments.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why did I read this thread? One more thing to look at. My bottom row does have a slight slant to it. Measured as best I can with a caliper the lower edge is about 0.006 lower than the top edge. Looking closer the top row is slanted the other way but only about half that amount. I will never be able to type the same way again.

I have also noticed my phone seems heavier after I download several attachments.

SSHGuru will be very pleased to know someone measured this with calipers! LOL

heavier after attachments.... lol. gave me a good laugh. thanks.

Nuklhed

Reaction score
You guys are killing me. Hi, by the way. New to the forum and the Droid for that matter. Love the phone. Came from a Blackberry Tour and although the Droid took some getting used to, I am now fully happy with the change.

I do have a question for you guys, pertaining to the keyboard.. and no, not whether the space bar is .000099 mm lower.. but that was an awesome conversation. The corner of one of the keys on my keyboard is really sharp. ie, you can run your fingers over the keyboard and it is smooth, but it will get "caught up" per se on the corner of one of the keys. It doesnt appear the key is lifting and I didnt really think much of it, but it is slightly bothering me. Do you know if the keyboard is all one piece of plasticy rubber? or do I have to worry about that key being pulled up? Anyone have an idea for a fix? I was thinking a small dab of super glue.. Probably a bad idea..

Oh well, thanks for any responses and thanks for the laughs about the Apps. My phone weighs a ton. ;-)

lkevinl

Reaction score
Dare I say it? This thread is worthless without PICTURES.

:)

Sanibel

Reaction score
ANYONE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE "i" key not working or taking a few pokes to work???:mad:

Sanibel

Reaction score
Dylan..................cracking me up!!!!!!!!!! Just got my Droid a few days ago and still have a LOT to learn. My old phone didn't even have texting on it let alone all of this stuff.:icon_ banana: This forum will be a great help and the humor is fantastic!

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I LOVE IT - ROFL!

Now that you pointed out the top row I started looking and your right there also!

Honestly I was having some major OCD issues about the bottom row until I got swype and stopped opening the keyboard.

I'm going to weigh the phone after adding and deleting attachments :) :icon_ banana:

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Super Glue - I wouldn't do it :)

Someone on another thread thought the keys were covered with press on letters. Maybe one of yours has come up a little bit.

At least you have something to OCD about like me :)

You guys are killing me. Hi, by the way. New to the forum and the Droid for that matter. Love the phone. Came from a Blackberry Tour and although the Droid took some getting used to, I am now fully happy with the change.

I do have a question for you guys, pertaining to the keyboard.. and no, not whether the space bar is .000099 mm lower.. but that was an awesome conversation. The corner of one of the keys on my keyboard is really sharp. ie, you can run your fingers over the keyboard and it is smooth, but it will get "caught up" per se on the corner of one of the keys. It doesnt appear the key is lifting and I didnt really think much of it, but it is slightly bothering me. Do you know if the keyboard is all one piece of plasticy rubber? or do I have to worry about that key being pulled up? Anyone have an idea for a fix? I was thinking a small dab of super glue.. Probably a bad idea..

Oh well, thanks for any responses and thanks for the laughs about the Apps. My phone weighs a ton. ;-)

Nuklhed

Reaction score
Super Glue - I wouldn't do it :)

Someone on another thread thought the keys were covered with press on letters. Maybe one of yours has come up a little bit.

At least you have something to OCD about like me :)

Freaking eh, OCD big time. It was really bothering me. I did take super glue and just used the point that is on the cap and touched it under the corner of that key.. I held it down for a little bit and wahlah... It worked perfect.. Now no more OCD. Of course my finger is permantely stuck to that key and I can use my phone to suspend myself from an I-Beam high above the city.. But the key doesnt lift anymore.. ;-)

Nuklhed

Reaction score
BY the way, my keyboard appears to have bumps under every key.. I just got it though.. Did they redo it somehow>?>

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's what YOU think. Let one of us OCDers look at it. By the time we are done with the Droid you will be returning it for 10 reasons:icon_ devil:

My keypad is flat enough to roll a ball across. Totally flush.