Keyboard issue with GB

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I havealso been having keyboad issues. It works now but before I would push the space an the keyboard would crash. Not sure about a fix??? I just switched roms.

hotrod6657

Reaction score
well my new phone is here and it's the same as before.

This one came with gingerbread on it and before I even finished setting up the phone I noticed the same problem with the period long press.

I'm going to take your advice and try a few of the free keyboards out there and see if that helps. I could always try swipe and get used to that, as I probably should have done that anyway.

This is a very annoying issue to be having and I understand that updates sometimes break things but the lack of a fix from Moto / Verizon is pretty much unacceptable to me... maybe I'm just picky though.

hotrod6657

Reaction score
The rom that I flashed last night DarkslideX seemed to have fixed the long pressing on the period issue where your finger didn't match up with the highlighted punctuations. And I use better keyboard 8 market app works great for me. And type a little slower. Lol

DROIDX DarkslideX 1.15 Ghz

What's the deal with the rom flash?

What am I going to need to do to try that? As long as I can reset it if anything went wrong I'm willing to try.

I just don't see the point of needing another app for my keyboard just because moto broke their keyboard with their update lol

Am I going to need root access?

Last edited:

wyld

Reaction score
Well I'm now on a custom rom DarkslideX it seem to have fixed that long pressing period issue. You still have to keep your finger on the screen. But you don't have to take you finger all the way to bottom of the screen either. And the better keyboard app all the punctuations are across the top of the keyboard might make it easier for ya.

wyld

Reaction score
The rom that I flashed last night DarkslideX seemed to have fixed the long pressing on the period issue where your finger didn't match up with the highlighted punctuations. And I use better keyboard 8 market app works great for me. And type a little slower. Lol

What's the deal with the rom flash?

What am I going to need to do to try that? As long as I can reset it if anything went wrong I'm willing to try.

I just don't see the point of needing another app for my keyboard just because moto broke their keyboard with their update lol

Am I going to need root access?

Go to this thread here and read before you decide to root! Lol anyone can help with that process in this forum. All insctruction and links are in this thread.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...icial-thread-official-gingerbread-rooted.html