Gingerbread OTA installed, issues with lower part of screen sensitivity

phoenix415

Reaction score
I have a completely stock Droid X. Froyo update was received OTA and then patiently waited for Gingerbread OTA, which has now been installed. Device has never been rooted.

Gingerbread loaded pretty well, a few glitches here and there, but I think most of the glitches were more on the app developer's side--just needed updates (like the issues with the LED's not working).

However, I have notice one glitch that is very annoying and I can't find a way to fix it. The lower portion of the screen (right along the area where the new dock is) seems to have lost it's sensitivity when running other apps. For instance, when I'm using Swype, the lower row of buttons don't have a good response, I find I have have to fumble around sometimes to get the space bar to work and other buttons along the bottom row. Also, in another app, Wordfeud, the buttons along the bottom also seem to suffer. It is as if the new dock on the home screen is sapping the responsiveness from that section of the screen, even while in other apps.

Has anyone else noticed this, or better yet, has anyone who has noticed this found a solution to it?

Thanks!

JBadiner

Reaction score
I have the same issue with SwiftKey. The space bar does not seem to register a press. I am made a million more typos since the update. Odd...I thought it was just me. Strange sensitivity or something. I also have some distortion when scrolling in the center of my screen (pixel-lated like)

pudco

Reaction score
I am having the SAME problem... buty not only with swype, but iwth other keyboards as well, I actually switched to swype so I don't have to use hte space bar.... when i'm texting with other keyboards it just doesn't want to work anymore. This is so annoying I HATE IT!!!!!!! I don't know what the cause of it is but they need to fix it. It's almsot impossible to send even one message without having to go back and try super hard just to get a space in there.. It almost seems like they lowered the sensitivity of the entire screen, but esp the lower portion. If that is possible, it should really be a user changable setting (screen sensitivity) Cause this is terrible. Other than that I LOVE the update.

OP
P

phoenix415

Reaction score
I'm surprised there aren't more with the same problem, I've been tempted to do a factory reset, but the thought I setting things back up the way I have them now is not a fun idea.

floydiannyc

Reaction score
Same thing here. Space bar in swype needs to be hit multiple times. Also, playing Word Scramble and selecting letters is way less responsive.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
How about the issue using any other punctuation aside from the period. The box comes up and you have to slide to the extreme bottom to get a question mark.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
P

phoenix415

Reaction score
I'm wondering if this is something inherent in the new Gingerbread release on Droid X or if it is a matter of how it loaded via the OTA update and can be resolved somehow. Has anyone had any success in resolving these issues yet? Maybe via factory reset or some other method? I'm still contemplating a reset, but if someone has tried it before me, I'd love to know if it helped or if I'd be wasting my time.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I'm wondering if this is something inherent in the new Gingerbread release on Droid X or if it is a matter of how it loaded via the OTA update and can be resolved somehow. Has anyone had any success in resolving these issues yet? Maybe via factory reset or some other method? I'm still contemplating a reset, but if someone has tried it before me, I'd love to know if it helped or if I'd be wasting my time.

Same. Id like to know also because im not rooted so a reset will be a project (only because I hate starting from scratch)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

FoFa

Reaction score
Mine is working no different than before the update in this regards.
Just F.Y.I.