Digitizer not working on lower part of screen, NavBar for GB?

carlosberumen

Reaction score
Dear fellow Droid Xers...

I had a issue with my LCD display (it broke). I changed the LCD myself but after that, the lowest part of the screen wouldn't work. I opened up the phone again and cleaned everything throughoutly, plugged everything carefully, but the problem remains, which has me thinking I might have damaged the ribbon cable for the digitizer.

For the time being, I installed liquid 1.5 ICS rom, since I can customize the ICS navbar to cover the damaged digitizer section. This way I can use the phone normally although with a "smaller" screen.

I would like to go back to my usual ROM (Vortex reloaded), is there a way to install an ICS navbar on Gingerbread or something similar? or are there any apps that let me reduce the working screen area to avoid that non responsive section?

I'll be thankful for any ideas or suggestions... cheers!!!

OP
C

carlosberumen

Reaction score
Thank you, I usually am. I think that it might have happened when I tried to remove that black goo that covers the connectors...

regkilla

Reaction score
Thank you, I usually am. I think that it might have happened when I tried to remove that black goo that covers the connectors...

That part is tough taking off. You can't buy another Droid X digitizer? I would get irritated having to use only half the screen. Is the replacement digitizer u installed made by Motorola?

OP
C

carlosberumen

Reaction score
I think I might need to think about getting a new one... Originally it wasn't the digitizer that I changed, only the LCD screen (which I don't think it's Motorola OEM). The good thing at least is that it's not half the screen, just a small part at the bottom. Small enough to still have a usable phone, but big enough to prevent me from using gingerbread with GoLauncher EX, as that part is exactly the same part the bottom bar the launcher uses... That's why I'm looking to somehow skip that bottom part from the screen...

OP
C

carlosberumen

Reaction score
In any case, is there a way to modify something in build.prop or anywhere else to fool my phone into thinking it has a smaller screen? (same width, different height)...

Thanks for any hints or ideas anybody can give me...