Help please XT912 screen glitches after Matts JB utility install

jpty01

Reaction score
I used Matts utility to install JB on my XT912 that was running Gingerbread. Everything loaded ok but when the phone is running the screen has vertical lines that glitch on and off the lower half of the screen and a glitch on the right side. My phone is stock no root and I did option one to wipe data. I also installed 64 bit Motorola drivers. Is there anything else I can do? I ran the install several times on two different computers but I have not tried it on my Mac yet.
Thanks for any help.

xtor

Reaction score
I used Matts utility to install JB on my XT912 that was running Gingerbread. Everything loaded ok but when the phone is running the screen has vertical lines that glitch on and off the lower half of the screen and a glitch on the right side. My phone is stock no root and I did option one to wipe data. I also installed 64 bit Motorola drivers. Is there anything else I can do? I ran the install several times on two different computers but I have not tried it on my Mac yet.
Thanks for any help.

Is it glitching or flickering?

razr on 215 leak

JonnyV2889

Reaction score
Thanks for any help.

Tried doing this same thing. The screen was super glitchly especially down in the keyboard area. After many attempts to flash via matts 1.8 utility I dealt with it for the last week. The issue I believe is some missing file between GB and JB. I finally sat down today to fix my phone, resulted in flashing back to 2.3.5 fastboot file via RSD lite. From there I OTA updated through to 4.1.2. I since tried flashing 4.2.2 which I didn't realize I had the XT910 rom. This led an encryption issue and I had to reflash JB. This time I used matt's utility and the screen is fine.

xtor

Reaction score
Tried doing this same thing. The screen was super glitchly especially down in the keyboard area. After many attempts to flash via matts 1.8 utility I dealt with it for the last week. The issue I believe is some missing file between GB and JB. I finally sat down today to fix my phone, resulted in flashing back to 2.3.5 fastboot file via RSD lite. From there I OTA updated through to 4.1.2. I since tried flashing 4.2.2 which I didn't realize I had the XT910 rom. This led an encryption issue and I had to reflash JB. This time I used matt's utility and the screen is fine.

Good to hear:)

OP
jpty01

jpty01

Reaction score
I would like to try this for my problem. Can anyone direct me how to flash back to 2.3.5 from JB.

B

Bakerboy448

@Johnny so unless I am misunderstanding, you were on Jellybean, then magically fastbooted to Gingerbread, and then OTAed (assuming via the OTA being pushed, not via flashing) to JB ?

Funny thing, if you flash GB or ICS on a JB kernel, it doesn't work, and won't boot, and you end up softbricked.

@OP are you using the JB utility? Option 1 (wipe)

JonnyV2889

Reaction score
@Johnny so unless I am misunderstanding, you were on Jellybean, then magically fastbooted to Gingerbread, and then OTAed (assuming via the OTA being pushed, not via flashing) to JB ?

Funny thing, if you flash GB or ICS on a JB kernel, it doesn't work, and won't boot, and you end up softbricked.

I was originally on GB and tried to flash directly to a 4.2.2 rom. With no luck matt's JB utility was more readily avail than the GB and ICS on. I tried options 1 and 2 numerous times all resulting in the glitchy screen issue. The screen would be fine if I was scrolling but as soon as I stopped it would show a nice colorful design on the lower third, along with being patchy and slow. I found matt's how to for RSD lite after I ran into a low batt issue partial flash. Altered a usb to make a factory cable. I proceeded to download a 2.3.5 fastboot file put the phone in fastboot and flashed with RSD.

From what I read JB is more of an upgrade to ICS opposed to the 'stand alone' if you will of ICS? Correct me if I am wrong here? I am not sure if I had a kernel issue(didn't update) as I didn't check, but I did have issues booting and black screen issues. Sometimes it took multiple tries to boot up. Otherwise it would go to the back lit black screen after the moto logo. The black screen also persisted after boot up, as it would turn black mid use or would be black returning from an 'off' screen.

I got my GB fastboot from:
Droid-Developers SBF

I believe rsd install was included w matts utility download.

Just install rsd lite and make sure you have the most recent moto drivers.
Then follow matt's rsd how to.

Edit:
To answer you on the push, yes on push. I went to about phone, check for updates.

Last edited:
OP
jpty01

jpty01

Reaction score
Was this phone rooted or stock?
From what I am reading you can't go back. Well in this case you can go back I just fastbooted back to 2.3.5 with RSD lite and all my screen glitches are gone. Have not tried OTA Thanks JonnyV.

Last edited:
OP
jpty01

jpty01

Reaction score
Solved You Can fastboot back and my screen problems are gone!!!!