Pull out Keyboard question

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I think the bottom row in particular the space bar is slightly slanted down from top to bottom and when I type if I hit the top of the spacebar it feels higher than the bottom.

It looks lower to you or it feels like the response on the spacebar is 'lower' than the other keys?
Now I'm intrigued :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't feel a slant, but it def feels slightly lower than the rest of the keys (spacebar that is).
You do realize when people wake up and read this thread they're going to consider us nutz.:blink:

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think they will think we are nuts since there is a thread going on now about whether or not you were supposed to remove the plasic from the back of the keyboard or keep it on....now thats nuts!

I don't feel a slant, but it def feels slightly lower than the rest of the keys (spacebar that is).
You do realize when people wake up and read this thread they're going to consider us nutz.:blink:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think they will think we are nuts since there is a thread going on now about whether or not you were supposed to remove the plasic from the back of the keyboard or keep it on....now thats nuts!

And sadly for me I commented in that thread as well.
are you seeing my argument for the low spacebar or have I driven myself crazy inspecting this thing?

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I threw a link to this thread in there saying taking off the plastic caused my keys to fall just to screw with them :)

And sadly for me I commented in that thread as well.
are you seeing my argument for the low spacebar or have I driven myself crazy inspecting this thing?

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let me make this more insane.

Do you notice that the left side of the spacebar is the lowest AND is right near the USB port?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol I was wondering how the plastic on the back could affect the keys... now it makes sense

Echo3

Reaction score
Slid out my keyboard to double check...feeling around the keys and looking at the keyboard at different angles under different variation of lighting. It still feels [and looks] the keys are even with the rest.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I notice it only since this thread. its not a big difference, or one that even remotely bothers me. was just saying how I can agree on it 'feeling' lower. mainly for me because its the only key I press that I don't always hit center of the button

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
How new is yours? Do you use it often enough to tell a difference when typing?

I notice when hitting the top of the spacebar it is easier to hit than hitting the bottom.

I bought mine right away though so maybe I've used it more.

Slid out my keyboard to double check...feeling around the keys and looking at the keyboard at different angles under different variation of lighting. It still feels [and looks] the keys are even with the rest.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It bothers me "remotely" but there is nothing I can do about it unless the thing falls off or goes down more.

Then of course the replacement will have other issues I will find.

On the bottom of the closed droid my magnifying glass key all the way to the right is brighter than the rest. I can live with that.

I notice it only since this thread. its not a big difference, or one that even remotely bothers me. was just saying how I can agree on it 'feeling' lower. mainly for me because its the only key I press that I don't always hit center of the button

Echo3

Reaction score
I've had mine since last Tuesday so it's still relatively new. I use the virtual keyboard more than the physical keyboard, but when I type on it, I don't feel any significant difference. Maybe overtime though, but if I do I will let you know.

How new is yours? Do you use it often enough to tell a difference when typing?

I notice when hitting the top of the spacebar it is easier to hit than hitting the bottom.

I bought mine right away though so maybe I've used it more.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
And every third flash of the LCD is .000000000099 seconds longer than the rest ...

SSH, cmon, is the KB functional?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And every third flash of the LCD is .000000000099 seconds longer than the rest ...

SSH, cmon, is the KB functional?

LOL. someone has probably gone and timed this now :icon_eek: