Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Looks awesome. Whats the difference between smartmod and interactive?

smartmod is the same as interactive except for 1 difference. when the screen is off, it limits the maximum clock speed the phone will be able to use, but as soon as the screen comes on, it ramps the clock speed up so the phone is responsive.

interactive only pushes the max limit you set whenever the phone needs it or you touch the screen.

Sorry I type slow :)

and thanks I'll send you the next beta when it's ready

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Okay, so I loaded up the 1000lv one yesturday, all was well then all of a sudden my phone started dropping 3g randomly, even when I'm just browsing the net. It wasn't even after a phone call. Then it got unresponsive and unusable. You think this is a coincidence or kernel related?

Ok this IS an issue with the kernel and will be added to the bugs.

I had a similar experience shortly after loading up PE with my kernel, (I'm currently on the 1100 using smartmod btw) I hadn't heard of any similar problems from any of the beta testers so assumed it was just my phone.

I will be working on getting this fixed asap, a few of you who are getting this problem be willing to test when I think I have it fixed?

More than willing to test for you!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Beta with possible fix sent to those that offered to help...I'm not seeing any issues yet...will get builds together asap if it sounds like its fixed

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Looks awesome. Whats the difference between smartmod and interactive?

SmartMoD ia a governor Erasmux created with intentions to improve battery life without suffering performance loss. The gov is based on interactive, but he added additional features to it. He added a way to set the maximum clock speed for when the screen is off, set the increments for the governor to ramp up and down along with many other features. He built it for the Hero but with modifications it works great on the Droid.

It basically takes care of what setting kernel profiles in set cpu does, but on a kernel level so the app doesn't have to go through the process of requesting SU permissions then changing the values...it does it automatically.

I have seen an improved battery life and it has been reported by others as well...hope this helps
Sounds awesome. When I the updates kernels get posted I will definitely try them out, thanks for the hard work!

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
have these been updated or tested or whatever? are they good to go basically???

New betas being tested. They haven't been posted yet.

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Yes as buckmarble said they are being tested still...

Reports so far are lag issue is gone but one report of losing 3g after calls...looking into the 3g issue but not sure its caused by the kernel or not.

That being said not everybody experienced the issues...its not to say you won't too but there's a chance these will run well for you

EDIT: Browsing through the PEv6 release thread there are others reporting 3g drops with stock and other kernels. I will be building the next version with the lag fix when I have the time. Thanks for your patience!

Last edited:

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think the 3g loss may be related to the no sound on phone calls after initial boot and after flashing a PE kernel. A simple second reboot seems to be very effective in resolving these issues.

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I think the 3g loss may be related to the no sound on phone calls after initial boot and after flashing a PE kernel. A simple second reboot seems to be very effective in resolving these issues.

Yes I will be building them soon...with more goodies built in... :) also putting a few finishing touches on a script I wrote to make building all of those kernels a little less time consuming and a bit easier on me...the script will be up on github after I finish if any other kernel builders want to grab it..I will make a post when the OP is updated with the new kernels

AdamPA1006

Reaction score

Yes I will be building them soon...with more goodies built in... :) also putting a few finishing touches on a script I wrote to make building all of those kernels a little less time consuming and a bit easier on me...the script will be up on github after I finish if any other kernel builders want to grab it..I will make a post when the OP is updated with the new kernels
Thanks for the updates, take your time:)

jmorrison230

Reaction score
Hey corcor if I set my min to 500 and my Max to 1100 what would that set the smartmod setting at?

Zepius

Reaction score
Hey corcor if I set my min to 500 and my Max to 1100 what would that set the smartmod setting at?

when the screen is off, prolly just 500 and nothing more. when the screen is on and you're interacting with the screen, 1100

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL

when the screen is off, prolly just 500 and nothing more. when the screen is on and you're interacting with the screen, 1100

Yup, min/max settings override the gov's settings...it will still perform by the governors rules, but it will not be allowed to drop below 500mhz

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Are these based off of Pete's v.02 version kernels? if so is the "time in state" stats enabled in these kernels as well, as I know it was in Pete's V.02 kernels. Thanks.