Problems with rooting DInc2 using Revolutionary

hmdgjr

Reaction score
I read through the guide posted by estafusisx - 8-14-2011 (a great and helpful guide) and did exactly as the steps instructed. I have been trying now for two days and I continue to get the same error, "invalid beta key" then the program aborts. I am stuck at point number 8.:icon_ cry:
I read through the replies and I notice that 'almostimpact1222 on 8-17-2011' posted the same issue.
I realize that many are have already rooted their DINC2 but what do you do when you are getting "invalid beta key" and the program aborts.:confused:
I did send my problem to unrevoked and AlphaRev (they ask for feedback) and understand this is a software developer preview. If anyone knows how to communicate with them about this problem I know they can help. THEY have worked hard and the solution does work. Unfortunately, I believe that "Murphy's Law" follows me and I always run into a snag.
I am a beginner with rooting and do not have the savvy others have when it comes to figuring out a solution.
Could either estafusisx or almostimpact122 answer this post if you have a solution or point me in the right direction for the solution?:icon_wink:

Last edited:
OP
hmdgjr

hmdgjr

Reaction score
A user at XDA had the same exact problem but it was resolved. have a look:
Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1192180&page=56
you need to take a very close look at the letters and numbers in your serial.
I would ask you to pm me your serial and i would see if i could figure something out with it.
BUT DON'T!!
I wouldn't want to be blamed for anything gone awry. And as far as i understand it is not good for other people to know your serial.
Good Luck :icon_ peace:

:)Thank you klabit87 for pointing me in the right direction. I needed to cut and paste the key and it worked.
Now just one more question? Could someone point me in the right direction to a list of what is SAFE "bloatware" to disable?dancedroid

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bloatware I removed off my son's dinc2:

My Verizon app caused instant fc's as soon as I deleted it via root explorer.. force closings until a battery pull and restore.. then proceeded to remove the vz bloat...

Apps
Blockbuster
Books
Amazon
Maps* deleted from system then d/l from market.
NFL
Vcast tones, music,video, navigator

Can't find the vzmedia.apk it must go by another name in system.

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Need to remove more, butI didn't remove any of the apps that had .apk&detox extensions not knowing much on the subject...