DINC2 Unrooted problem

GreenAcid

Reaction score
I Rooted my Incredible 2, via Revolutionary. about 4 months ago. and I was running CM7...I got offered to upgrade my phone from Verizon, so I decided to Unroot my DINC2, and get it back to stock, to put on EBay or what have you...Anyway

I STUPIDLY used something called "Gingerunroot" from the marketplace...Figured that didn't do the trick, and Googled how to unroot it normally. I Flashed to 2.2.1 sucessfully, and I have S-ON, when I boot doing vol down and power.

My problem is, I CANNOT update to 2.3.4...When I Try to go to Software Update, it says "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE PLEASE TRY AGAIN UNDER SETTINGS SOFTWARE UPDATE"...Over and over..At first I figured it was because I was in a bad signal spot, but then I was in a 3G area with Really great signal (Almost full bars) and it still said it.

The other problem I'm having is, If I remove my SD card, I Lose signal. like, it goes to xIIII <--bars...and i can't even dial.

I'm guessing I'm gonna have to Re-root and unroot it with the steps I did before, Minus the Application...or is there another way around this? I was pretty sure 2.3.4 Came with my DINC2, so It's really weird that the stock flash I found was 2.2.1...

Anyways. Please help. if I didn't post this in the right area, Please move it. but keep in mind my phone is "Old news" and not too many people will likely read it if moved to the DINC2 section.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Sorry FireFighter. It's just i'm frustrated. I'm supposed to be selling this phone so I can pay for my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and I thought unrooting was not that hard and you can always go back to what your phone was out of the box, But apparently that wasn't the case.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
That didn't do anything but wipe my data and still bring me to 2.2.1 with no way of updating. I'm seriously about to say screw it, and call Asurion or something

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Since your phone is working fine (sans updates) making an insurance claim could be considered fraud, that option can't be discussed here on the forums. You do realize you can sell the phone rooted right. Just make sure and list that in the description. You'll get the same amount of money for it if not more. Put a custom ROM on the phone, I recommend newtoroot's incredible HD RLS 1. It has android 2.3.5 & sense 3.5 and is very smooth. Stop killing yourself trying to get the updates.

This post is Incredible 2!