Problems with Bluetooth after ICS update

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by GGDroid, Sep 24, 2012.

1. SnglGrma

SnglGrma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for clarifying GGDroid and Antnip... can I ask one more thing of you .... what Blue Tooth are you using? You don't have to actually tell me... but I know that when I had my Droid 2 I was able to use a Jawbone Icon ... but once I updated to my Droid 4 I HAD TO update my Blue Tooth as well to one in which handled the 4G signals.... the JawBone Icon Blue Tooth was not compatible and they told you that up front when I was researching my purchases.

Maybe.... just a thought here... you could go to a Verizon store and see if they will let you try out different blue tooth pieces to see if it is the ones you have now or it is in fact the phones...

Like the ones who state that the speakers are blown in the Droid 4's ... I have noticed the crackles will come on my phone when ever I raise my voice versus speaking in a low toned manner... I am learning all over again on how to speak on a cell phone !! LOL I know terrible right??!!

2. SnglGrma

SnglGrma Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. Shellster

Shellster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know you didn't mention me in your quote but, I am speaking of my car Bluetooth not an actual earpiece. Are you guys having the problem with A head piece or your car Bluetooth system?

4. SnglGrma

SnglGrma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh .. Hmmmm... Shellster... I am sorry.. I thought you all were talking ear pieces... hmmm I am not having a problem with my car dock either... I would not know where to venture on that .. unless you all were using the same style dock even though different phones. I will have to play around with mine to see if I can create an issue... (I am not in my car enough to be on the phone, so will bring my dock in and play the next few days)

5. antnip

antnip New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My problem is with my car. Prior to ICS car paired with phone and all phone functions worked through head unit and steering wheel buttons. Car is 2011 Volkswagen. Now phone pairs and says it is connected but steering buttons no longer do anything and all other functions result in "no items" flashing. Bottom line is BT connection to a relatively new car has been rendered inoperable by this update. Verizon will let me replace phone early at lower cost but in doing so i will lose my unlimited data plan so i feel screwed either way.

6. SnglGrma

SnglGrma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have another thought after reading antnips reply just now

I have an older model car (1997) so of course i am not going to have the ability to control anything through the car on bluetooth.

BUT!!!

A few months back she was in the shop for some repairs and my key fob had not worked for years, so I was talking to the mechanics, who one piped up and said....there is a software update for that...we can check to see if your car was ever flashed with the update.

Of course they checked, it was not... they flashed my car...and my key fob was able to be reprogrammed again! Yayyyy!!

So...you all have newer cars with the capability of blue toothing....ICS is newer then the cars....so...maybe its not the phone..but your cars need an updated software to handle the new software for your phone.

Sort of like your home computers....something worked before you updated that program...and it will work again when you update what was:icon_ lala: working before and is not now.

7. antnip

antnip New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am guessing you are correct in that BT in phone is no longer compatible with what is in car, but that seems like a pretty big oversight on part of the Android developers. If I was driving something that had the computer equal of a Model T for a phone/bluetooth system I could understand the new phone software not being compatible, but my car isn't even a year old yet and it isn't a kit car I made myself. VW is a fairly popular brand.

Not complaining about your reply in any way, just about the situation. It is disappointing to say the least. My multifunction phone has suddenly become far less useful as the result of an update. I can live without that kind of progress!:angry:

8. SnglGrma

SnglGrma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Antnip,
    Call VW and see if they have an update for their software in the car.
    We cant expect companies to be backward compatible in all aspects, just like we cant expect companies to predict what is going to change in thier software in the future.....

But what we can expect is that all companies try to work together and make thier products work together as changes come about.
    I would not be so mad at Moto right now, until they and VW both tell you they wont make their software compatible.

And then its not just Moto's fault....but VW as well...because its their product that is useless....not the phone.

9. antnip

antnip New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I mean no disrespect, but I don't agree with what you are saying. I have read of people with all types of cars having this same issue post-ICS. Having a phone that works through a vehicle's audio system is, or should be a core function of any phone and should therefore be something any software developer makes workable. Expecting nissan, vw, toyota, mercedes, and perhaps other car makers I haven't read about retool THEIR software to deal with your update is putting the cart before the horse. To add, this isn't really a Moto problem either, it is an Android issue, as people with HTC, Samsung and other phones are reporting similar issues.

10. SnglGrma

SnglGrma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh Antnip!
    I take no harm to your words and my words dont mean disrespect either for the headaches you and others are going through.

But at the same time...we cant expect everything to be compatible with everything...there are going to be some glitches.
    I am very much aware of the issues people are having with these phones and software i am one of those who keep wanting flash player on m phone so i can watch my soap operas (ABC refuses to give ANDROID users an APP to watch their shows) and Moto or Google stopped supporting flash player....my phone is now useless to me so... i download flash, watch my shows, my phone messes up and i have to factory reset it to get it to work properly again....its a never ending cycle!

There is no harm in making a phone call to your local dealer to see if they have an update for their blue tooth software
    Like a computer, laptop, ipad......it has to be updated periodically in order for it to continue to work properly... its a pain for those who dont know but for those who do....its a never ending cycle.

Good luck with your phone call...and i hope others who have this same issue with their cars....make that very same phone call

11. GGDroid

GGDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First and foremost, I want to say thanks to several of you to know that I'm not "alone" in this matter... and secondly thanks to several of you for your suggestions... It gives one hope...lol.... Anyway, to clarify further, I am with Antnip (you'll have to tell us what that means), in that the problem is not an ear piece, but the compatibility of working with the car's blue tooth. I drive a 2007 Nissan and again, worked great before ICS, and now after ICS update all I have is a brick (short of taking the risk of manually calling while driving) while driving my car. I haven't given much thought to see if my FOB needs an update, but like Antnip would have figured that it would be backwards compatible since he only has a one year old car, so I'm not optimistic. Why would Verizon knowingly create a safety hazard by not being compatible with our vehicle's BT thus creating a potential vulnerability. Sounds like a court case against Verizon just waiting to happen to the first family who loses a loved due to the ICS update taking away their BT capability.

12. SnglGrma

SnglGrma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay guys and gals.....check this out.... i found this on a nissan website forum
    I also will post a link i found regarding models of nissans with issues...there is a work around something of an adapter you can get on amazon.com or radio shack....give me a bit of time as i am pulling this from my droid phone and have to go
    ack forth

As far as CONNECTING A SINGLE PHONE: first make sure that your phone is not trying to connect to a bluetooth headset as well as the car, it can't do both. When setting up the car you may need to delete the headset AND THEN PAIR WITH THE CAR, then re-pair to headset and manually switch between the 2 in your bluetooth menu on the phone.

Search tags for this page
droid bionic bluetooth issues
droid bionic bluetooth problems

htc thunderbolt bluetooth problems

ice cream sandwich bluetooth
ice cream sandwich bluetooth fix
ice cream sandwich bluetooth issues

ice cream sandwich bluetooth problems

motorola droid 4 bluetooth problems
motorola droid 4 not finding bluetooth
thunderbolt bluetooth problems