Problems with Bluetooth after ICS update

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by GGDroid, Sep 24, 2012.

1. doccuke

doccuke New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a droid bionic with ics. It was a swap for my original droid bionic that died. When I received it, there was still GB on it. With the GB OS everything worked fine. I allowed the update to ICS, BAD IDEA!! Since thennothing but problems dropping connection with my moto H730!! It drops in the middle of calls, sometimes won't connect in the AM without turning bluetooth off, then back on. Have done soft and hard reset, and that was after deleting the profile on the phone of the h730 and repairing. That helps for a few days, then no good again!!

Wish I left GB on here!!

If anyone has a fix that works I'm interested.

I have not installed anything for apps since getting the phone, it is all stock!! Best I can tell ICS is a POS on the droid Bionic if you want to use bluetooth!!

Keep smilin
    DOC

2. Shellster

Shellster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update

took my car to the infiniti dealer for an update to the software and my bluetooth still does not work, which means it the firmware or the ICS update. talked to a service tech extensively and we tried everything to get the thing to work, still no sound when trying to make a call. Has anyone else found a solution. Can't turn in my phone cause i just got it, have 1 more year till i can switch. HELP!

3. GGDroid

GGDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still here and still no resolve with the ICS update on my Droid 4 regarding BT. I appreciate SNGLgrma's update, but that wasn't an issue with me as I don't have any headsets, just the car's BT. It will successfully pair... but like Shellster, can't initiate or take a call, no voice... Hard Resets (2 of them) did not solve the issue. Nissan could not help me.. .no update to my FOB and they are certainly not responsible for looking into future to make backwards compatible. So all that's left was through Motorola... they were willing to take my phone (God knows how long??) for repair, but I could not deal with that... however, I did read where there is supposed to be another ICS update... it was supposed to happen in December by regions... I have yet to see this update, so I am holding out hope that this will help? Anyone else?? Verizon really let me down on this Droid 4.

4. antnip

antnip New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My situation with my Bionic and VW was never resolved, however, just a couple of weeks ago I tried to pair my wife's simple, non-data enabled phone with car. It paired, but was totally non-functional as was my Bionic. Then tried to pair a couple of other hones and while they paired, nothing worked. VW agreed to replace radio. Put one in, which didn't work, now waiting for 2nd one to arrive and be installed. It is odd that all worked fine until very day I upgraded phone to ICS. I can't imagine any way that car system would be impacted by such update, so for now, it appears it was an odd coincidence that radio crapped out same day as phone ICS updated. I should have car back Monday and will report if anything changes.

5. Shellster

Shellster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update

Just received the latest Droid update this weekend, EVERYTHING is now fixed! Got in the car tried the bluetooth and it now works fine. So in my opinion the problem was the ice cream sandwich update. for the record i am now on version 4.1.2 on a Droid 4

6. GGDroid

GGDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm right there with you Shellster... the latest "Jellybean" update undid everything that ICS SCREWED UP. So, all the speculations... nope, nothing wrong with my car's bluetooth, nothing wrong with the Motorola phone, it's all the ICS...and for 6 painful months... FINALLY... i have a smooth running Droid 4 and my bluetooth functionality has returned to my car! Thanks Jellybean!

7. SnglGrma

SnglGrma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That Is fantas5ic guys!

i am happy to hear your blue tooths are working again guys! But now i have a question for you.

how is your keyboard working...example first letter caps on sentences, auto-correcting mispelt words,shift key not working correcting...> that should be a colon...< that should be a semicolon.

jelly bean screwed up the mapping of the keyboard as well as taking away the printer, ringtones, timer on the clock, amongst other things.

8. Shellster

Shellster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to hear you're also up and running GGDroid sad to think that we were unable to use the phone as bought because of an update but i'm happy it now works. As far as other things wrong since the lastest update, my ringtones are all jacked up but that im finding that's easily fixed, unlike the bluetooth in the car. My keyboard seems to be working fine. I also found that after i powered down and back up again most things went back to normal.

good luck to everyone else having issues that no one seems inclined to help with, this forum or those like it will probably be your best bet.

*Peace*

9. larry0987

larry0987 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Never had any issues on ICS but since jb its useless in my car. It randomly drops the connection to my car and the only fix is to reboot and restart my car. The car never shows a drop but the phone does. I even tried a factory reset.

Search tags for this page
droid bionic bluetooth issues
droid bionic bluetooth problems

htc thunderbolt bluetooth problems

ice cream sandwich bluetooth
ice cream sandwich bluetooth fix
ice cream sandwich bluetooth issues

ice cream sandwich bluetooth problems

motorola droid 4 bluetooth problems
motorola droid 4 not finding bluetooth
thunderbolt bluetooth problems