Vehicle Bluetooth Issue after ICS Upgrade

csdonotcross

Reaction score
Since the upgrade to ICS, my Droid Razr won't connect with the factory installed bluetooth in my 2008 Nissan Sentra. It worked perfectly before the upgrade but now nothing. It pairs and when I call using the steering wheel controls, it turns on the phone with the correct person and calls them. However, you can't hear the phone ringing in the speaker and if/when the person answers you can't hear them. I was excited to get the upgrade but my car bluetooth is more important to me. Everything else works great but the bluetooth is a major safety issue for me as I drive a great deal. Does anyone know how to fix this or is there a way to undo the upgrade?

OP
C

csdonotcross

Reaction score
More info

I have tried deleting my phone from my car and my car from phone and pairing them again to each other and that didn't work. I searched online and saw a suggestion to open in safe mode which I tried and that didn't work either. I had wifi on at the same time so I've turned that off and tried and that didn't work. I haven't tried the factory reset yet because I've read that others have tried it and it didn't work. I'm holding off trying it until I see if someone has a fix for this problem before trying it. I had another issue when I first got me phone and Verizon had me do that and it wiped everything out, didn't fix the problem, and I had to put everything back in again. My first problem wasn't fixed until they did another OTA update. I'm wondering if that will be the same as this issue with BT?

Carl2860

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Senta and upgraded my RAZR and found the same issue. I spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon and another 30 minutes with 2nd tier manufacture support and they had me perform a factory reset and still same issue.
They then decided to send me a new phone with ICS already installed and still found the same issue.

I am waiting for a call back from them today. My wife also has the RAZR and not having any issues with the after market Pioneer NAV system.

Carl2860

Reaction score
Issue with Sentra

Have you found a fix for the BT audio issue. I just purchase a new Panasonic cordless phone system that supports BT and both our DRIOD's work fine. My DROID works fine in my wifes SUV that has a Pioneer system, it is just with my Sentra.

white911

Reaction score
Issue with BMW and related

That is dissapointing. I think the problem may be bigger than can be addressed by simply reseting the phone. My 2008 BMW has been paired with this Droid Razr and two previous phones. After ab automatic upgrade to latest software the phone still sort of pairs as a simple Bluetooth device; but, the car radio will only display the last 8 calls. It will not display any of the directory or dialing functions. If any form of dialing is selected; the radio (paired with the Droid) says that no directory is available. Additionally, the phone itself no longer displays an Icon named 'Contacts', the new icon is called 'People'.

Under the 'Manage Applications' something called 'Contacts' still running; but, it cannot be displayed on the home page.

The new 'Contacts' now called 'People' displays all my Contacts whether they are from email, phone, or facebook for a total of 2600 + contacts. Previously I had the option of only displaying contacts who had a phone number. Now there is an option to display Verizon contacts; but, that list only contains 28 contacts and certainly does not include the majority of my contacts who have a phone number.

It seems possible that this reformatting (or renaming) of the contact list has caused the disconnect between the directory function previously available and the car. Nevertheless whatever has caused the problem, it does not appear to be fixable by this end user.

For what its worth, I use Lookout to backup my phone and that data fortunately remains current.

Alan
Droid Razr 4.0.4

Carl2860

Reaction score
You did not mention if BT audio still work as is the issue with both of us. Thank you for your comments though.

white911

Reaction score
Sorry -- BT Audio works for the phone. That is what I meant by that portion of the pairing. That is the only part of the pairing that works. BT Audio only works with the phone.

BT Audio has never worked for internet radio (Pandora or Slacker) or MP3 (Overdrive Media Player). The only way external media sources will work is with the audio output jack on the phone. No form of external audio feed (MP3 files from Overdrive media) will work with the car through Blue tooth. This was a design 'feature' from BMW which requires you to purchase a $4,000 Nav system in order to fully integrate with external players even though there is a USB connection with the car and was not available in 2008. (We were surveyed in 2010 to see if we would select the Nav option if this were available.)

FWIW - The car received a new software load in March as part of a 50K checkout which added a lot of new functionality not connected with the phone; but, affecting the display.

Personally I have a nice little unobtrusive Bose earbud headset thing that works great with all the functionality of the phone (and the tow vehicle does not have any external interface).

Carl2860

Reaction score
Thank you for the update. I received and email from Verizon support and Moto is aware of these issues and working on an update but no release date given. At this point with several other issues I am very unhappy with this phone now as I use the alarm clock every night and hate the change, I liked the slider bar better.

Shellster

Reaction score
Having the same issue, Droid 4 driving a 2007 infiniti g35. Bluetooth worked fine before the upgrade to 4.0.4. I've tried un-pairing and then re-pairing and it still does not work. It will dial out and I can see the call coming in but no sound. Anyone have any suggestions? I would rather not do a factory re-set unless that is the only answer and it actually works.

Thanks.

battlecanary

Reaction score

Carl2860

Reaction score
BT issues with 2007 Nissan Sentra

When I had my car serviced this month I was told that Nissan was releasing a firmware update for my car in April.