Problems with OTA update (ICS)

Zero5295

Reaction score
So the file that stopping me from updating to ICS is /system/bin/logwrapper. How exactly do I fix that?

If you had previously installed Safestrap, it changed the stock logwrapper to "logwrapper.bin." Go into /system/bin and find the two files that say "logwrapper." Delete the one that says just plain old "logwrapper" and rename "logwrapper.bin" to just "logwrapper."

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

TeeKay1

Reaction score
Zero5295 said:
If you had previously installed Safestrap, it changed the stock logwrapper to "logwrapper.bin." Go into /system/bin and find the two files that say "logwrapper." Delete the one that says just plain old "logwrapper" and rename "logwrapper.bin" to just "logwrapper."

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Cool thanks but now after updating, my LTE 4G no longer appears and now I can only have 3G...Anyone have this issue?

***EDIT*** Turns out a simple restart brought back my 4G haha. Just a heads up to anyone who might experience the problem I had.

Last edited:

Harmageddon

Reaction score
Hey guys, slightly less than a noob here. I am .905 rooted with safestrap and have a custom rom on safeside. The OP says to go to take to OTA update and then move it to SD card-ext, use Voodoo Rootkeeper then blah blahblah... Prob is I did the dl of the OTA update and chose install later but I cant find the /cache folder. Its probably sitting right in front of me but I cant see the forest for the trees. Any advice woudl be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your contributions into the Droid Hacking/Modding community.

EDIT: Sorry, I didnt realize this was for the Droid4. I have a Bionic.

Last edited: