go back to gingerbread from ICS

fucco

Reaction score
I got the ics update but can not get root back even with ota rootkeeper. I have tried 4 programs and none worked. I just did a factory reset and they still did not work. I can get into safestrap and was wondering if i can do a restore back to gingerbread? I do not want to brick the phone. At least i will have root and will update it back to ice cream. thanks

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think you can go back to GB, but you can get root on ICS ... I did... Rooted and tethered. :)

OP
F

fucco

Reaction score
what did you use to get root?? I went to verizon now my phone has no display at all except when the motorola logo firsts appears at boot. They have no idea then they will ship me a new one (refur) in 5 days. Some service. It ****s out under no fault of my own within hours of gettin the update and i have to suffer.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Matt has updated his utility which has the ability to root 4.0.4...give me a minute & I will find ya the link...

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks smalltowngirl13 ... you beat me to it LOL :hail:

Yep, that's what I used. Worked like a charm. :)

OP
F

fucco

Reaction score
thanks for the info... i had 4 root apps downloaded but i think it was my phone. I had ICS today, then out of no where i could not get root back after a reboot. 3 hrs later the display is gone. Phone works rings and screams but no display. they will not get me one untill tuesday. Since they can not shut it off or pull a battery i have the phone wrapped in towels in the basement. Otherwise what is the point of hearing a phone ring if i have no idea who it is. At least i backed up int and ext storage monthly on my computer. After root i can load tit bu and my backup pro and be back in bussines. One thing i did not like about ICS was on the dialer there is no contacts tab. I have select menu and search