Please Help, stuck at Logo!

ryantbdm

Reaction score
Ok what you are seeing is 3 different backups the phone has made. The titles of them are the Dates they were made along with the time. 2010.07.19 is June 19th 2010 at 13:36 hours (or 1:36PM) So restore the latest one. IF that doesn't work. Go on down the list until it restores.

ryantbdm

Reaction score
I am 98.9 percent sure it will. The only thing that makes me unsure is the fact that it isn't my phone :p Everyone has different problems. If it doesn't work I'll try to help you through some more

OP
Sparkinthedark
Reaction score
WHEW! You got it guys! I'm back to running Onix once more...But how would I install that theme? I'm guessing you DON'T name it update.zip...but everything's fine.
Thanks again.

ryantbdm

Reaction score
Oh no problem lol. Yea DON'T rename it update.zip. Did you get the theme from RomManager or somewhere else?

OP
Sparkinthedark
Reaction score
I got it from the Onix website. I tried Rom manager but the same thing happened, I got stuck at the loading screen.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
WHEW! You got it guys! I'm back to running Onix once more...But how would I install that theme? I'm guessing you DON'T name it update.zip...but everything's fine.
Thanks again.

I know that using SPRecovery you rename it.

I'll be honest if you can do this in SPRecovery go that way. I see too many problems with ROM manager. I'm not sure what the issue is with that thing but I'll never use it.

OP
Sparkinthedark
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that way too Hook. It's convenient when it works, but I would rather do things the manual way (which I clearly just messed up). using SPrecovery, do you know how I would load that theme? It is a zip file I downloaded.

ryantbdm

Reaction score
Hmm, that is odd. I have had problems with ONIX in the past (taking forever to boot, running hot) But when you download it, are you sure it is for your version of ONIX? If so, when you download it, leave the name original and save it to your SD card and go to RomManager and select "Install Rom from SD card" then select it. If that doesn't work, repeat our process lol :p

OP
Sparkinthedark
Reaction score
I tried that, got stuck at the moto logo, then had to pull a recovery again...what ROM are you using? I'm kind of getting sick of this.
I wanted to go for this look, I think it's pretty cool. http://onix-android.com/ I thought that was the black theme I installed, but it just is not working.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you still on clockwork. What you are going to do is:

Reboot into recovery
- click the mount sdcard option
- click partition menu
- click mount usb storage (you now have access to your sdcard in recovery)
- Install another ROM (ie CyanogenMod 5.0.5.7)
- push the power menu to get back to the main menu
- click Install zip from sdcard
- choose the ROM (ie CyanogenMod 5.0.5.7 or any rom that works with clockwork)
- wipe data the cache
-Reboot system.

once you load up make sure your battery is charged then you can either install a rom through rom manager,

or flash sprecovery and install a rom like sapphire, bugless beast, chevy simply stunning, etc