Please Help, stuck at Logo!

Reaction score
I rooted my Droid yesterday and this morning I installed the Onix concepts ROM. I wanted to change the theme of it, so a few minutes ago I installed the Teh Blackmodzz theme from their website and put it on my sdcard and renamed it update.zip. I think that was mistake :( Now when I try to boot up all I See is the Motorola logo. I can get into boot recovery, but i don't know what to do now that I installed! i can't install update.zip from the sd card because its just that theme.
I really need help guys.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I rooted my Droid yesterday and this morning I installed the Onix concepts ROM. I wanted to change the theme of it, so a few minutes ago I installed the Teh Blackmodzz theme from their website and put it on my sdcard and renamed it update.zip. I think that was mistake :( Now when I try to boot up all I See is the Motorola logo. I can get into boot recovery, but i don't know what to do now that I installed! i can't install update.zip from the sd card because its just that theme.
I really need help guys.

Wipe the data and cache in SPRecovery. That should get you out of boot loop.

OP
Sparkinthedark
Reaction score
I really need help guys.

I'm using Clockwork Recovery. Should it still work?

*edit I tried using the CWR to wipe cache and data and I'm still stuck. What should I do?

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really need help guys.

I'm using Clockwork Recovery. Should it still work?

I don't know, to be honest. Let's get you over to the Rescue Squad. They will be able to tell you better then I.

OP
Sparkinthedark
Reaction score
If there was some way that I could get my computer to recognize the phone, I could put a different update.zip on there and then load it from boot, (which is the only place I can access now) I have RSD lite installed and made a nandroid backup (I don't know if any of those help). I'm really kind of worried now.

*Also, I am not afraid of going back to stock if that's my only way out. I was planning on unrooting anyways.

OP
Sparkinthedark
Reaction score
I made a nandroid backup, and I also made a clockwork backup.

ryantbdm

Reaction score
I'm guessing you might have to flash a SPF file. MAYBE. Have you looked under Nandroid in your ClockworkMod Recovery? In a strike of luck you may have some how made a back up. Check there and tell us something

OP
Sparkinthedark
Reaction score
When I select nandroid my only options are Backup and restore (advanced restore as well).

OP
Sparkinthedark
Reaction score
"choose an image to restore"
And then 2010-07-19.04.35.19
2010-07-19.05.32.32
2010-07-19.13.36.55

and 2 more like that.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you want to play it safe just do the back up. Me, I'd try to wipe first, specially since you do have a back up.

I see a lot of people run into this problem with ROM Manager. So it's your choice. I'm talking to some people on Gtalk and that's the recommendations I'm getting.

OP
Sparkinthedark
Reaction score
When you say do the backup do you just mean restore one of my files? And thanks a ton both you guys, for taking the time to help a brother out.