clkwrk%20sdcard.png
cw%20wipe%20data.png
cw%20wipe%20data%20yes.png

cw%20wipe%20cache.png
clkwrk%20main%20page.png

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
correction moust usb storage, this will allow you to access sdcard through your computer

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Reboot into recovery
- click the mount sdcard option
- click partition menu
- click mount usb storage (you now have access to your sdcard in recovery)
- Install another ROM (ie CyanogenMod 5.0.5.7)
- push the power menu to get back to the main menu
- click Install zip from sdcard
- choose the ROM (ie CyanogenMod 5.0.5.7 or any rom that works with clockwork)
- wipe data the cache
-Reboot system.

OP
Sparkinthedark
Reaction score
WOW.
Thank you VERY VERY much! Where can I find the Cyanogen ROM though. I'm looking for a download link.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it do not have to be cyanogen, but those roms will be in koush section.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was just suggesting use any rom that works with cyanogen just to get your phone up and running so its no longer in a bootloop. Once you phone is running you could then eith use rom manager or go back to sprecovery and install roms. Its up to you. I have to head to work i will monitor this thread when I can.

ryantbdm

Reaction score
I use Insanely Clean New Revolution with the Insanely Clean theme and the 1.00GHZ kernel. I personally love it. You can use any rom. Cyanogen is still working on getting their Froyo out. They currently have CM6 RC1 out. It is on RomManager. I would suggest CyanogenMod, Bugless Beast, or CVPCS

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
ROM Manager is very fickle. One day or one time it may work and others it will totally screw you up. I have had good luck with RM. Here are some tips when using RM.

First before downloading anything go into RM > menu > clear download cache. I don't know what it is but RM does not like it when you do not clear the cache.

The other thing I do is when I go to download anything through RM I try to use WiFi. I seem to get a better, cleaner download that way.

Just a couple of suggestions. If you are still having troubles, I am monitoring this thread and am here to help. You can also pm me and I will help you.

OP
Sparkinthedark
Reaction score
You guys have helped me more than you could know...thank you so much! I did install Cyanogen exactly how pilotcharles747 described, and when I booted it up it worked fine (nice boot animation!) HOWEVER none of my apps or contacts where hooked up with it. Hmm... I checked Accounts & Sync and gmail wasn't even an option. Maybe I have an old ROM or something, but I really wanted to get a ROM I like and one I can stick with. I really did like the Onix with the dark theme...but I just can't get it to work. From what I can see, Dark Edge is a pretty solid theme. How would I start off downloading that. And use ROM Manager or do it manually?
Thanks again!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
You guys have helped me more than you could know...thank you so much! I did install Cyanogen exactly how pilotcharles747 described, and when I booted it up it worked fine (nice boot animation!) HOWEVER none of my apps or contacts where hooked up with it. Hmm... I checked Accounts & Sync and gmail wasn't even an option. Maybe I have an old ROM or something, but I really wanted to get a ROM I like and one I can stick with. I really did like the Onix with the dark theme...but I just can't get it to work. From what I can see, Dark Edge is a pretty solid theme. How would I start off downloading that. And use ROM Manager or do it manually?
Thanks again!

To get your paid apps back, go into the market at which point it will probably ask you to sign into your google account. All your contacts, and paid apps are stored in your google account. If you are not prompted to sign in when you go into your market, try installing your gmail account in the email app.

Once you have your gmail account linked to your phone all your contacts and paid apps should restore. Unfortunately without a backup program like Titanium or Mybackup Pro your free apps will have to be re-downloaded.

ryantbdm

Reaction score
You may also have to install the Google Apps addon. (Under CyanogenMod in the Rom manager) It includes Gmail, calander, etc. that comes with Android. Next time you flash a rom, don't wipe cache and data. Thats what gets rid of your apps, accounts and other data. If you feel as though you must do that, download Astro file manager from the market and backup your apps when you get them back. So next time you flash a rom and wipe data and cache you can download astro and restore your apps.

OP
Sparkinthedark
Reaction score
Surprisingly, I have had all my free apps come back when I used ROMS like Droid X by JRummy and Onix. I actually just installed the Black Nexus mod from JRummy, and all of my free apps are gone :/ I never had this problem with the other ones, so I am trying a manual reinstall as I speak
Ahah, now I am prompted to "touch the droid to begin"
As I speak, my phone is apparently syncing with google. Right, so my contacts are syncing up but no apps. How come this particular ROM won't do it, when in fact others can (another JRummy incidentally).
I'm confused...although I like the looks of this theme I think Dark Edge would be better. anybody had experience with it? And can somebody point me in the right direction?
*On second thought, I'm taking a look at the Dark Edge UI and it doesn't look quite as polished as I would like. I really want a nice ROM that is a dark theme, but not quite like Dark Edge. I know I'm being kinda picky haha...its just I would rather pick one I like and stick with it. I haven't kept one for more than 8 hours since I rooted haha!
*And also when I install a ROM, while my contacts are syncing, google is also restoring all my free apps. There is a notification when I am done saying "30 apps restored"

Last edited: